• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

sleepykyo

How do I play it on pc? Windows live keeps requesting to update it but it can't detect an Internet connection. Is there another way to update that or another way to resolve it?

edit: Nevermind. Running steam as admin wasn't enough, I had to be logged in as admin to update the windows live.

So uh, I bought it on Steam, played for a couple hours and had a good time. However, when I boot it now it doesn't recognize my savefile and instead prompts me to start a new game.

What the hell is going on?

edit: and I can't bring up GFWL while in the game. So I'm pretty sure this is some GFWL bullshit that's screwing things up.
edit2: think I fixed it by reinstalling GFWL in Win7 compatibility mode (I'm on Win8). Pain in the ass. Fuck GFWL.

Valnen

I kind of want a PC mod that changes the Xbox 360 button icons to PS3 button icons. There are mods for this for Dark Souls and RE5.

BPK

Not sure this is allowed, but here it goes.

My gf bought me this new a year ago. I only got into it in the last month. I just beat the main game (fantastic!). I then wanted to play the Catwoman missions, but I noticed that the DLC code wasn't in my game. I'm not sure WB will send me a free code since I got the game a year ago, even though I do have proof of purchase. Does anybody here have an extra Catwoman PSN code they are not using? I would be so incredibly grateful. PM me if you do.

Guzim

Wow, half of those i didn't even know about.

Is Harley Quinn's Revenge worth buying? I never read up on any reviews for it. I'm almost done with AC (for the 3rd time. Yes i'm obsessed with this game) and i want more.

Is it still $9.99? If it is then no, and I say that as someone who liked Harley Quinn's Revenge. It's not worth full price.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Still remember the Dev's mentioning there were secrets in the game people haven't found yet.

I still believe I found the Scarecrow Room first ;P

Ricker

How long is the game on average? And if you buy it on Games on Demand do you get the Catwoman stuff?

Probably not but the Catwoman stuff for now is very short,only did 2 missions,you cant go right in and do them,you have to follow the story...

I am about to give up on this game,there's some awesome parts but some pretty frustrating ones as well...for one the Line Launcher is awful and I am at the Steel Mill part now,with all the snipers and guys with guns and armor all over the place,I just keep dying... the Ras Jul part also was dreadful...

Ricker

And now I made it in the stupid Mill but at one point you have to shoot the remotly controlled batarang around a corner to hit a panel...just tried about 50 times and I just cant do it because they inverted the controls for that...can't go anywhere else either for now so I am basically stomped now...what where they thinking...any tips you guys remember for that part or trick or something else I can do beside trying to control that batarang in flight?

Kabuto

And now I made it in the stupid Mill but at one point you have to shoot the remotly controlled batarang around a corner to hit a panel...just tried about 50 times and I just cant do it because they inverted the controls for that...can't go anywhere else either for now so I am basically stomped now...what where they thinking...any tips you guys remember for that part or trick or something else I can do beside trying to control that batarang in flight?

try to put the batarang through some electricity first.

Ricker

try to put the batarang through some electricity first.

Ah thanks,that helped a bit and I also noticed the U-Turn option..took me a few shots but I made it....but now that Joker fight,damn...

Bah done with this game,the Snipers on the rooftops is really annoying,no more time to waste on this,ill catch the end on YouTube or something.

M.W.

GOTY Edition is $19.57 at Amazon

I originally bought it on 360 when it came out, but didn't get more than a few hours into it. I think this is a good price on this edition, right?

GOTY Edition is $19.57 at Amazon

I originally bought it on 360 when it came out, but didn't get more than a few hours into it. I think this is a good price on this edition, right?
IMHO, yes. That's a great price considering how much content you get. It's a huge game and it's packed with content so you'll get a "bang for your buck" or whatever the saying is.
Enjoy!

The bumping of this thread reminds me I still have an Arkham City Armored Edition to play.

I beat the 360 one completely and bought the Harley Quinn DLC. I loved the game, but I wonder how long AE can keep me entertained with so many other games to play.

Just started the game on PS3 and decided to try Hard but holy fuck the big fights are just kicking my arse requiring me to repeat them about 10 times each. It feels like I have to be perfect for every fight. Should I restart on normal or stick with it? Do I just suck and need to practice? tbh I don't think the combat itself is good enough for me to warrant spending time on it to get really good at it. I prefer the stealthy approach and the puzzling.

SJRB

Gold Member
Replaying Arkham City for the umteenth time after my saves got lost. God it's such an amazing game, easily one of the best I've ever played.

So incredibly polished and detailed. I just love brooding on a rooftop, watching the snow effects and contemplating dropping down that random group of thugs and beat them up for no real reason.

And Catwoman, sheesh. Still so hot, haha.

Does the game have any good mode, for pc
Also, just started the game, but is their more to the fighting then countering? Seems like the best way to get combos up and rank faster.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Does the game have any good mode, for pc
Also, just started the game, but is their more to the fighting then countering? Seems like the best way to get combos up and rank faster.

Mix in some of your gadgets and special moves, it'll net you more experience. The combat is a deep as you make it, that said if all you do is counter then you'll be in trouble as the game continues. Best diversify your portfolio now so you can get the practice in.

Draconian

Bought the GOTY edition last week and can honestly say that the AR missions are so terrible. It's like someone at Rocksteady was thinking "Here, play this filler content of stuff you'll never have to do in the game and get absolutely nothing in game to show for wasting hours trying to beat them instead of doing something fun!" What a marvelous idea.

Nori Chan

Bought the GOTY edition last week and can honestly say that the AR missions are so terrible. It's like someone at Rocksteady was thinking "Here, play this filler content of stuff you'll never have to do in the game and get absolutely nothing in game to show for wasting hours trying to beat them instead of doing something fun!" What a marvelous idea.
They're not that terrible. Plus with a game pack filled with content I'm surprised you're letting one thing make you post about it :/

I actually found them really handy for teaching me to actually understand the flight controls.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I actually found them really handy for teaching me to actually understand the flight controls.
It would have been better to have the flight controls make sense. Completely let go of stick = pull up and even out? Yes, let's throw away standards of gliding controls in any game ever made and anything resembling the laws of physics. It's really simple, if you manually control to force him into descent, you should manually control the pulling up. Having Batman handle for you what would be assumed as your consistent responsibility is confusing, especially when the boundaries of what you control and what he does on his own are vague. They really dropped the ball there.

The ones that make you divebomb and pull up into really narrow tunnels are awfully frustrating and you're never required to use that technique with that level of precision ever again. Waste of time.

The other ones aren't bad at all and are pretty handy for teaching you the mechanics.

Actually you do get something in game to show for it. After you finish the first 4 AR missions you get the grapple boost. Which is INSANELY handy in the game, it means you can basically get from one end of the map to the other in like less than a minute with good flying and boosting. Which comes in handy for some parts. Plus if I remember right you can get an upgrade for doing a takedown with it.

Foofaraw

Holy cow. I actually finished this game within a week of buying. Such is the power of the Batman.

I really wish new game plus let you fool around more as Nightwing and Robin though. I do kinda hope the next game follows with some of the Batman & Son story line.

I'm on my second play thru. I really did not enjoy the game the first go-round. I feel like there is a really neat open world to explore but it works completely against the narrative of the game. I also was really turned off by the catwoman debacle.

I will say this game is a lot better the 2nd time around with new game plus. Not having to worry about the Riddled trophies since i completed them the first time. 400 was a little much. 200 would have been okay. I felt like they just went overboard. The riddled stuff in AA felt perfect and I just wanted a bit more. AC just had too many stupid ones.

Qurupeke

Ok, I finally managed to play this and it's awesome. There are really many people that prefer AA over this? I think it's a better game on almost everything. Only the plot is kinda weak compared to AA but it isn't bad.

Loxley

Ok, I finally managed to play this and it's awesome. There are really many people that prefer AA over this? I think it's a better game on almost everything. Only the plot is kinda weak compared to AA but it isn't bad.

As someone who just finished it myself, I completely agree. I feel like AC is the superior game in almost every aspect, with the loss the a cohesive (and thus, more complete-feeling) atmosphere from Asylum being the one exception. It's a trade-off though, one that I think works out just fine in the end. Speaking of which, the game's ending is a notable improvement over the Hulk-Joker bullshit of AA.

I think I'm going to give NG+ a try once I unlock the rest of the Wayne-Tech stuff. For as deceptively simple as the combat is on the outset, when the game piles on the various enemy-types, I often found myself really sweating some the later-encounters in the game.

Also - and this is just a personal thing - I still fucking hate Batman's design in these games. The costume, the character model, blech. Half the reason I want to play through NG+ is just so I can play around with the alternate (and superior) costumes. It's why I'm thrilled that WB Montreal have completely ditched the Rocksteady look and come up with something a lot more kickass looking for Arkham Origins:

c308.jpg

Having said that, with the exception of Killer Croc, I'm a fan of every other one of Rocksteady's character designs. Their Batman just rubs me the wrong way.

Megatron

I finally finished this game this year after years of picking it up and playing a bit and stopping. Well, I finished the main game. I still have a bunch of the extra mop up stuff to do. I didn't even know about the Harley's revenge dlc! I'm excited to get that now. I wonder if that and the new costumes will be included in the ps4/xb1 versions? And why are the costumes for the dlc in this game so much better Han the arkham knight dlc? Specifically 70's batman and tas batman.

Josh_22

Neophyte
I'm having trouble of getting more than 30 fps in Arkham City. I disabled DX11 & even turned Physx off, but the problem still persists. The game is installed on SSD. What's even weirder is that Arkham Knight works flawlessly on ultra settings while Arkham City (an older game) is giving me a bad performance.

My specs:

GTX 1060 6GB
8GB RAM
i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40Ghz

Any fix?

Top Bottom