• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

I don't think it will work until the official US launch. Even if you are on your EU account it still recognises that the game was bought from the US store. I buy my games there and even on EU account I can play the games on Tuesdays instead of Fridays.
That's a shame, I just hoped that it would be different because it was counting down to midnight here. Thanks though.

anybody know what the deal is with Best Buy release tonight?

It just says on their site that they are opening at 9pm to sell the game tonight, it doesnt say midnight release and I have a hard time believing they are going to stay open 3 hours just to sell this game.

Anybody have any solid answers from Best Buy about when they will actually be selling the game? Ive been on hold with my local place for 20 minutes...bleh

Sullichin

Sure is. I usually buy stuff from Amazon UK (I'm in Ireland), works out at about €55 maybe for a physical copy. €69.99 for a digital copy.

That sucks! Is that more Amazon having competitive/cheaper pricing than MSRP or is digital just typically more expensive?

Perun

Ireland here.
O7Oip0w.jpg

Is it still locked or should I redownload this?

EDIT: Nevermind, restarted Steam and it's unpacking. 35 minutes to go. *sigh*

Lukemon

Who on GAF has actually seen it? All the people I've seen downplay the alternate endings aren't even playing the game yet.

Given how much you have to do to 100% this game, I'd be amazed if anyone outside of Rocksteady has actually seen it yet.

While I'm here, mad kudos for that OT title.

Red Hood

Banned
Guys, I have a solid plan. You all log off from Steam so there's a lot less traffic for me. When I'm done downloading the day 1 patch, y'all can log in again and finish your stuff. Okay? :eek:

ciddative

It should be unlocked right now in Europe. I don't get your error any more, but downloading the patch doesn't move. It keeps sitting at 0 b/s.

You sure it's downloading more data? Mine has the word "Unpacking" on the right of the download screen, above the "view news" button. It's decrypting the files already downloaded.

Ilive1up

i got two keys from green man. everyone else get that? i think one of them doesn't work or something. it's weird. only one of them unlocked the game. i bought the premium edition from them...maybe the other key is for that once the game downloads.

ktroopa

flying like a beast. im gonna run some benchies first. tank out what i can to get that sweet 60fps. running i7 2600k and GTX970. will report back soon

Falchion

So in on this. I'll have it when I get back from work tomorrow and it's all I'll be doing in my free time the rest of the week.

Red Hood

Banned
You sure it's downloading more data? Mine has the word "Unpacking" on the right of the download screen, above the "view news" button. It's decrypting the files already downloaded.

I think you're right, I already pre-loaded it to 100% earlier today and now it says "Updating Batman Arkham Knight. Ready to launch in approximately 44 minutes." (which by the way fluctuates a lot, from 15 minutes to 14 hours and back)

Karak

Ya no one needs to worry about the Xbox version thats for sure. Looks identical and I am playing them side to side. Might change after a couple hours but haven't noticed any issues yet

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Damnit Steam, I bought a fancy-ass new SSD and you still make me sit and watch the goddamn decryption take 30 minutes. I love you but I hate you.

Your VPN doesn't affect the speed of unpacking, your hard drive does. I installed the game on my SSD so it's almost halfway through, can't wait.

anybody know what the deal is with Best Buy release tonight?

It just says on their site that they are opening at 9pm to sell the game tonight, it doesnt say midnight release and I have a hard time believing they are going to stay open 3 hours just to sell this game.

Anybody have any solid answers from Best Buy about when they will actually be selling the game? Ive been on hold with my local place for 20 minutes...bleh

Well, they will start selling the game at 9:00pm PT, which will be Midnight ET. So while I am at Best Buy buying it tonight at Midnight ET here in Indianapolis, you could buy it at 9pm PT if you were on the West Coast.

So they are just allowing everyone across the country to buy the game at the exact same time. Pretty awesome.

GavinUK86

Does anyone else's unpacking keep stalling with "Bust Writing To Disk"?

It goes from 10 minutes remaining, to that message, to 45 minutes remaining, then the message disappears and back to 10 we go.

I'm guessing it's my aging HDD.

Red Hood

Banned

That's weird. Mine says "downloading" at the top right of the screen and "busy writing to disk" on the left side under the download speeds. I already pre-downloaded it completely, so either this patch is huge, my internet is shit (which it is, but not this fluctuating), or it's Steam.

Well, they will start selling the game at 9:00pm PT, which will be Midnight ET. So while I am at Best Buy buying it tonight at Midnight ET here in Indianapolis, you could buy it at 9pm PT if you were on the West Coast.

So they are just allowing everyone across the country to buy the game at the exact same time. Pretty awesome.

Yeah it would be cool, but my local best buy isnt doing the release I just found out....even though they are on the list for the midnight release.

So just a heads up for anybody who was gonna go to Best Buy tonight, might want to call them first. The one in Emeryville, CA IS NOT releasing the game tonight despite what the site says.

Top Bottom