• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Knight PC re-release Oct. 28th

Wait. Did they plug the season pass while mentioning the PC version is going to be available again?

Indeed they did. No way in hell am I spending an extra $40 on poorly reviewed content, especially for a game that had to be taken off Steam entirely because of how badly it ran at launch.

I'll just wait until this goes on sale.

M.Steiner

Fucking finally. I decided to keep my copy (disappointed that we didn't get a free season pass or something) so I hope this has been worth the wait. Guess I'll find out next week, just hope it really has been fixed now.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Pretty sure that was the only retailer that was 100% on refunds. Everywhere else was hit or miss for many.

Did you buy it from a website that took advantage of regional price differences? Or an Nvidia code from eBay?

CryptiK

Some didn't. And as i said some form of the compensation would be sign of good will. And if they ask full retail price again they are just crazy.
The ones that didnt threw hours into the game. Everyone else was entitled to a refund. If you had put 10 hours into it sure, you wont get a refund.

morningbus

No. They didn't start that until recently.

Hm. I wonder if things like this is what pushed them to start doing that. WB probably wouldn't authorize refunds to the distributor if it was sold out of the region they were allowed to sell in.

Jawmuncher

Hm. I wonder if things like this is what pushed them to start doing that. WB probably wouldn't authorize refunds to the distributor if it was sold out of the region they were allowed to sell in.

I guess I could see that. Only reason I could think of for my specific case.

morningbus

I guess I could see that. Only reason I could think of for my specific case.

Yeah, it does suck. However, we should probably be realistic here and see why WB isn't tripping over themselves to give incentives to people who got the game at a huge discount at launch.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, it does suck. However, we should probably be realistic here and see why WB isn't tripping over themselves to give incentives to people who got the game at a huge discount at launch.

That's true. I was just hoping for at least something. Oh well.

Buburibon

Can't wait to find out whether they've managed to fix the "considerably less rain effects on loading a previously saved game" bug that's been there since they added the (d)effects to the PC version.

So what have they done to fix the remaining issues since the last patch?

Is there an update on that or are they just going to release it again anyway?

dex3108

The ones that didnt threw hours into the game. Everyone else was entitled to a refund. If you had put 10 hours into it sure, you wont get a refund.

Also what is wrong with that? People tried to play game in hope for quick fix. WB f-ed up big time. Not only they released bad port but they were silent for weeks regarding patches.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It's only been since June. But thanks for being the type of company that didn't go the extra mile, and merely fixed what should've worked in the first place.

styl3s

No other retailers offered refunds. I got mine through GMG. And apparently you could contact WB as well about retail copies.
The way you worded i can't tell if you got your refund back from GMG or GMG didn't do refunds.

I got my refund from GMG although i feel kind of bad because i still have the game on steam, the key was never deactivated or anything so they take a full loss i guess

GavinUK86

i finished it the week it originally came out locked to 30fps. it was fine. playable. the game was pretty enjoyable. definitely gonna boot it up again with the latest patches to see it running how it should've been day one.

So technically they needed an extra year (initial release date was October 14th 2014, this got pushed back to June 2nd and then June 23rd) to complete the game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
And it'll still be $59.99, and no compensation will be given for the wait. We should all be thankful it got fixed at all, really. That's their gift to us.

It's really not a very good game, so I don't think they've missed out on much this whole time.
I think it's a phenomenal game, but I skipped all the Batman games after Asylum.

The game still can't keep a solid 60 while driving, so I guess this is the best they can do. Thank goodness for Gsync. It's 100% playable for me.

If the Steam release is under a different name/ID/whatever, I hope everyone moves their negative reviews over to it. There will be no positive spin on this

Ban Puncher

UVeN4.jpg

If the Steam release is under a different name/ID/whatever, I hope everyone moves their negative reviews over to it. There will be no positive spin on this

This is something that troubles me - the game will be re-released, so isn't it fair that people should review the new version instead of the old one?

I suppose if people move their negative reviews in the new version will do some good in that companies like WB will not be getting away with selling unfinished games; on the other hand, WB proved that they didn't get away with it, as they offered refunds and re-released the game when they thought they brought it to the state it should have been from the start (which we still haven't seen yet, but it's only 4 days away).

Haeleos

After all this time, I have no regret buying Arkham Knight with Season Pass for $15ish from a key reseller... especially after getting burned on Mortal Kombat X. They fucked over their reputation so hard on PC, I feel bad for any dev teams locked in to publishing deals with them before this happened.

dragn

hope there are more fixes. i played 15 hrs on release with some ini changes and it ran better than with this pre patch that came out some weeks ago

MayMay

Banned
Played through the game, and then got my refund. I don't even regret it, what they pulled with this game on PC was absolutely disgusting. No money from me, WB.

Nzyme32

Great. I'll go ahead and do what I already planned, which is getting the goty edition when it is at a more reasonable price

I'm glad that PC-only gamers can finally enjoy this Batmobile simulator with Batman side missions.

That it still manages to be a better game and a better Batman simulator than Asylum — despite only being able to play outside the Batmobile in two side missions — is testament to how good the game is.

Top Bottom