• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Review Thread

Neff

Add me to the club

ArfmPY.jpg

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Far Cry 4 never got such any complaints about being basically the same thing as 3, just people who casually noted the similarities

For batman, they added a car! And the scale is just way bigger. I think Rocksteady have done a commendable job based on what we've seen

Majora

He's probably going to get banned, which is why I will not stream the game.

Twitch just suspend your account for 24 hours if you stream a game early, they don't outright ban you. I know because I got The Evil Within early through the post and got suspended after like an hour of streaming :p

Broman1978

Still no Xbox review....and alot of people have gotten their hands on PS4 version and no one has got their hands on Xbox version? Has the Xbox version been delayed or whats happening?

KVO's criticism can be boiled down to "batmobile feels forced," "more of the same." Neither of these things should be a surprise to a rational mind who's watched the pre-release videos. What were they expecting exactly?

More of the same got AO rated low and it was the best game in the series at that point.

Gamespot says that the batmobile segments warrants the score and if they feel that way then let them.

Just imagine the same thing happening in The Witcher 3 where you know the horse controls like shit or just does not feel 'fun', but then you are forced for a mere 2-3 hours in the game to keep using him in order to progress the main story.

If that sorta thing was present in that game you would have seen lower scores as well.

Majora

Where are people getting all these copies?? I want a copy. :|

Can't speak for everyone in this thread obviously, but simplygames.com in the UK ship out Tuesday releases on the Friday, so lots of people end up getting them on the Saturday.

My PS4 edition arrived today from them but you can't redeem any of the codes (Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, Character Skin) from PSN yet

Staf

Not been to keen on the batmobile since the reveal, and the reviewers dosen't seem to fancy it either. Can you skip the batmobile part completely or is it part of the main story?

Witcher was obviously lead platform on the pc lol

But the Arkham games have always had legit pc ports, I see no reason why this would be different

Arun1910

Got my copy earlier but have a problem

I cannot download the scarecrow pack or the Harley pack, I get an error code.

Is anyone else having this problem with the PSN? Do you think the codes go "live" on release day?

codhand

seems like some reviews are divided on the story but mostly agree the batmobile isnt very good.

the ending of Batman AA was kind of shit, so i hope they have something better than that.

Looking great so far. Just bought Asylum, City and Origins from that humble bundle sale to play the trilogy for the first time. Looks like I'm in for a treat as I prepare for Arkham Knight.

Far Cry 4 never got such any complaints about being basically the same thing as 3, just people who casually noted the similarities

For batman, they added a car! And the scale is just way bigger. I think Rocksteady have done a commendable job based on what we've seen

It really isn't just those two additions. They also went in and refined a bunch of different aspects. It really does feel fresh and not just like another sequel.

Is anyone else having this problem with the PSN? Do you think the codes go "live" on release day?

I was able to download everything without a problem yesterday.

bryanee

Yeh that stuff should live on release day.

Seanspeed

Banned
I generally loathe DSP but I watched a few minutes on this and it seems... nuanced and reasonable?? What a crazy world we live in.

edit: For those who simply assume (as I did) that DSP is being a reactionary jerk about the review, he's not. He basically says "If you read the review it's totally reasonable and a 7 is a fine score, good but not great". Never thought I'd see the day.
His main point seems to be about the scale sites use, but that's a really complicated subject with no right answer and he's still trying to label Gamespot 'irresponsible', which is ridiculous when we're talking about something that is subjective and not mathematically formulated.

jacobeid

Banned
Witcher was obviously lead platform on the pc lol

But the Arkham games have always had legit pc ports, I see no reason why this would be different

Yup, I played Asylum, City and Origins on PC and they all played great. I doubt Rocksteady will put out a shorty port of Knight.

I'm sure the XB1 version is just fine too.

I'd definitely appreciate a pre-load too...

Top Bottom