• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Review Thread

viveks86

Make sure there isn't a space? Mine said invalid until i removed the space and just used 1 code. If you keep getting it contact them.

Ahhh… That could be it. I got a space when I copied from the email and removed it manually before hitting the button

oxidax

Nvidia just released their drivers for Batman. Does anybody have any clue if AMD users are having problems with the game for those who somehow got a copy early??

Got a question for anyone familiar with dlc. Will the story based dlc be weaved into the post game for those who haven't completed the side missions, or will it be its own separate beast?

GavinUK86

Should I be able to max this out at 1080p with a 970?

I would imagine a stable 1080p/60fps would be possible with everything on max, except all the Nvidia stuff.

Probably get drops with all that extra stuff on if you can deal with that.

I have a 970 too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
its pretty minor tbf, happens early on

Just because it happens early on doesn't mean that it's minor. I have no idea what it is but I want to wait until I have the game in my console to see it. Lots of games have intro segments I wouldn't want spoiled (TLoU, GoWIII)

Mononoke

Banned
Minus all the Nvidia stuff, yeah, no problem.

May get drops here and there with all that extra stuff on if you can deal with that.

I have a 970 too.

Was hoping the 980 would be able to handle EVERYTHING. Although I think it's to be expected that Nvidia's special features, almost always hurt FPS substantially at launch. I guess I shouldn't expect 100% max out over 60 FPS, unless I have 980 SLI or TITANS SLI. lol

Gotta say, I love how smooth Nvidia's driver updates are. It's a friggin' dream compared to the AMD process of uninstall everything, restart, update drivers, then restart again and pray.
24 hours until Steam unlock for me. Everyone else got the same?

Correct.

The only time I've really seen it deviate from that store clock is when Dragonball Xenoverse unlocked like 20 hours earlier than the projected unlock time. It was glorious.

Subject16

Steam says 1 day:

fmlmayR.png

SteamDB says 7hrs:

piRPQTc.png

Which am I supposed to belive?

No idea mate. They just said tomorrow in the initial email and in the second email after enquiring with them.

Ahh... well, thank you for clearing that up. Hoping it's earlier tomorrow rather than later. Have also received my batmobile code, had no idea that was coming.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone here read the Arkham Knight comic series (that takes place between City and this game)? Is it worth buying through DC online and reading before I play the game?

Falchion

Came in here to see if the spoilers in the Kotaku review were big enough for me to avoid. Seems it mentions something that happens early in the game but is still a big deal so I'll just avoid it. Thanks for the heads up!

komplanen

The only time I've really seen it deviate from that store clock is when Dragonball Xenoverse unlocked like 20 hours earlier than the projected unlock time. It was glorious.

Yea I know it's the default hour (1800GMT) for releases but there's the confusion between SteamDB and there's been a few big and small games that have released at different times.

Anyone here read the Arkham Knight comic series (that takes place between City and this game)? Is it worth buying through DC online and reading before I play the game?

Imo not really. Despite there being already 18 released issues, there wasn't that much content and no spectacular reveals or something. The issues also seem pretty short. What I find a bit strange is that the series is not finished yet, there will be additional issues in the coming weeks. So there is no real ending yet.

I've learned by now that what time Steam says is the unlock time is kind of irrelevant. WB can decide to put it out at midnight if they'd like, and we won't know if they will until we get to midnight.

Top Bottom