• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Origins PC [Team Green] Exclusive Features (video)

Nokterian

Buying AMD feels like a bad decision now.

Not really. Playing Blacklist even with HBAO+ off it still looks very good with everything on max and MSAA 2x and resolution 2560x1440. And PhysX yeah fun fun fun. I went from Nvidia GTX580 to ADM/ATI 7970 i don't regret what i bought.

My 7850 2GB is ready! Bring it!

offUagt.gif

Not really. Playing Blacklist even with HBAO+ off it still looks very good with everything on max and MSAA 2x and resolution 2560x1440. And PhysX yeah fun fun fun. I went from Nvidia GTX580 to ADM/ATI 7970 i don't regret what i bought.

I could almost feel the trembling of your fingers as you typed that lie.

The first thing I do when I play a game with Physx is shut it off immediately...

The only game that I left all that stuff on for was Mirror's Edge because they worked it in fantastically. Looks jank as hell in practically every other game, including the previous Batman games.
Stuff like the random cloth banners everywhere in AA just looked really out of place and clearly was added after the fact. I wish you could choose which PhysX features you want as opposed to Off/Normal/High.

I hope this is well optimized. My 560 ti ran Arkham City on DX9 with everything maxed, 2x SGSSAA, and PhysX Medium at 1080p, with my framerate almost always at 60fps with just a few dips here and there.

Would a 780 gtx be overkill for this AC4 and watch dogs?

Depends what level you want to run them at. I'm hopnig to run them pretty high on a 770, 780 will get you near to max (I'm guessing Watch Dogs will be a hog, other two ohpefully won't be that bad), and it'll probably make up for poor ubi optimisation. Just depends on your disposable cash and what settings you want. There's not a huge difference for quite a bit of a price jump, but if you can afford it, sure. It won't harm you haha

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would a 780 gtx be overkill for this AC4 and watch dogs?

Hard to say. AssCreed 3 is woefully optimised and the same is true of Arkham City's DX11 renderer in particular, but the story may be different for Black Flag and Origins.

Matt_C

When the tittle meant "Team Green", I was hoping to see news about having Green Arrow appear in multiplayer and/or side mission character exclusive on the PC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will we ever get to a point when Physx doesn't run like absolute dogshit?

Does brute force count? :p If you have a (relatively, at least) recent enthusiast Nvidia GPU, it's entirely possible to play older GPU-powered PhysX-supporting titles without incurring noticeable performance losses.

Sectus

How common are 4k textures for a PC game? Sounds nice for future higher-res gaming.

I've modded a few games, and it varies greatly. Recent Capcom games have been very poor, and textures resolutions are usually 512x512, with some being 1024x1024 (they improved some textures in RE6 PC release). The only times I can recal seeing 2048x2048 textures is with Rayman Legends and Spelunky, but those don't really count as they're 2D games. There's a ton of games I haven't looked into though.

It's worth noting that meshes can use more than one texture, so comparing texture resolution alone might not be a fair comparison. And also, the wording used in that presentation is weird. He talked as if 4K texture resolutions would only work well with 4K rendering resolutions, and that's not true. Even at a much lower rendering resolution, you will gain a lot of detail with higher res textures.

Just for the sake of comparison, Dragon's Dogma (which is console only) is just sad. Many outfits use a single 256x256 texture. I definitely think the length of this console generation is pulling many PC games down when it comes to textures. I wish more developers would implement higher resolution textures for PC ports.

Meia

Still rocking a 560 Ti, which I've been satisfied with these two years(thanks to the build thread I read long before I registered I went with it), so still figuring out which is best to get now that I know I can get this game for free by upgrading with an Nvidia card. Thinking the 770...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Will we ever get to a point when Physx doesn't run like absolute dogshit?

with my 780 it run pretty fine with most games.

I'm really thinking of using my old GTX 570 as a dedicated PPU (need to upgrade the power supply) for more Physx demanding games in the future.

My 570 am cry! I don't want to upgrade until the next gen of cards come out! I mostly want to have a rig perfectly for Witcher 3! unless the ps4/x1 looks just as good.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
My 570 am cry! I don't want to upgrade until the next gen of cards come out! I mostly want to have a rig perfectly for Witcher 3! unless the ps4/x1 looks just as good.

highly doubt it, and I think The Witcher 3 will get these "exclusive features" as well since Nvidia is involved again. (8xx wont be that far away anyway)

DeVeAn

Depends what level you want to run them at. I'm hopnig to run them pretty high on a 770, 780 will get you near to max (I'm guessing Watch Dogs will be a hog, other two ohpefully won't be that bad), and it'll probably make up for poor ubi optimisation. Just depends on your disposable cash and what settings you want. There's not a huge difference for quite a bit of a price jump, but if you can afford it, sure. It won't harm you haha

So then your saying GTX 770 is the one to go for price wise?

I don't know why they didnt make next gen versions of this. The title lacks hype without them. They could've used the PC version as a framework!

So then your saying GTX 770 is the one to go for price wise?

Alot of people think the 760 is the best bang for your buck, performance vs prcie-wise. I went with 770, I think it's amazing personally, and I think you'd be very happy with the performance results, but again, it comes down to what your trying to hit, and how much money you've got to blow. The 780 is a fair price jump from the 770, but if you want to do 1440p, or 120hz or anything, you might be interested in it. I think if you're looking for 1080p, 60fps, you'll be very happy with a 770. As long as the games remotely optimised, you'll blow pretty much anything available out the water.

I would personally fear putting a 780 in the ssf case with regular cooling too like mine, but that's just me. So I guess that might a consideration for you also, the size of your case.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Alot of people think the 760 is the best bang for your buck, performance vs prcie-wise. I went with 770, I think it's amazing personally, and I think you'd be very happy with the performance results, but again, it comes down to what your trying to hit, and how much money you've got to blow. The 780 is a fair price jump from the 770, but if you want to do 1440p, 120hz or anything, you might be interested in it. I think if you're looking for 1080p, 60fps, you'll be very happy with a 770. As long as the games remotely optimised, you'll blow pretty much anything available out the water.

I would personally fear putting a 780 in the ssf case with regular cooling too like mine, but that's just me. So I guess that might a consideration for you also, the size of your case.

Agree with Donie. Same reason I went with a 770. I'm pretty much looking for 1080p with 60 FPS on high settings and as long as the game doesn't run shit, it is very much possible with this card,

DeVeAn

Alot of people think the 760 is the best bang for your buck, performance vs prcie-wise. I went with 770, I think it's amazing personally, and I think you'd be very happy with the performance results, but again, it comes down to what your trying to hit, and how much money you've got to blow. The 780 is a fair price jump from the 770, but if you want to do 1440p, or 120hz or anything, you might be interested in it. I think if you're looking for 1080p, 60fps, you'll be very happy with a 770. As long as the games remotely optimised, you'll blow pretty much anything available out the water.

Thanks, I been trying to decide on a card and I am stick with 1080p and seems like this is the best bet. I have a 570 now but it's having a hard time with newer games.

Top Bottom