• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BATMAN - The Telltale Series first Screenshots, cast revealed

Looks really good.
Sadly the animation will probably look horribly stiff once again, but I can live with that.
Really looking forward to this game. Even more than TWD S3.

Meesh

While Batman really isn't my thing, I must say TellTales visual styles are quite attractive so I definitely get the immediate appeal for the game. I always thought they should try a samurai/ninja epic, or perhaps Nintendo should tap them for one of their IPs, or heck even an RPG. Anyways just really dig their work in general :)

JBwB

Looking great.

At this point I'm not even surprised that Troy Baker and Laura Bailey are in the main cast. They were both great in TFTB.

kpaadet

Do the video game voice acting community only consist of 20 people? Let me guess, Nolan North, Steve Blum and Jennifer Hale are doing additional voices.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Mmm, yeah, not a fan of that Joker either. Too deep voiced and grumbly, prefer my Joker higher pitched like Hamill's version.

Exactly. Too hoarse and not enough mania. Dude's a great voice actor but he simply doesn't suit Joker. He's not even in my list of best portrayals of the character, and I really like Under the Red Hood. Christ, I prefer Cesar Romero.

I have to admit, I was hoping for a BTAS game adaption, but I can't say no to that voice cast. I do have to laugh at Baker and Bailey playing love interests it yet another video game, especially with Willingham in the cast. Plus yes to Sully!

At least everything in the background isn't a muddy watercolor like in Game of Thrones. I'm playing right now and it's so damn distracting.

Lucky they've got another comic IP, they can't do realistic for tuppence.

game-of-thrones-e2-jon-snow.jpg

HURRRR JON SNOW

Tsukumo

Craig Smith not doing Batman? My heart is torn apart. Dude was THE best Batman ever.
I love Baker, a real professional and an actor with impressive voice range, but Smith was and is unparalleled as Bats.

bunkitz

Goddamn, it looks fantastic! I love the Bat Suit too, it looks like a slicker, more refined version of the Arkham Origins Bat Suit.

Also, that cast. Fuck yes. Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, and Travis Willingham together again!

At least everything in the background isn't a muddy watercolor like in Game of Thrones. I'm playing right now and it's so damn distracting.

HURRRR JON SNOW

Are you playing on PC? The game didn't look good but I don't remember it looking that bad

Interview on IGN E3 stream.

Just a few points so far:

- Engine was described as 'new' by IGN. Telltale corrected and said it is 'upgraded'

- You will spend time as both Bruce and Batman

- Batman is 'writing cheques that Bruce can't cash'

- Look and feel inspired by Walking Dead and the comic books

- The story is 'unique' and is not based on any individual comic, film, or TV show

- You will be playing it 'before the kids go back to school'. Telltale said August.

- Is it going to be detective noir? No, not really. Some elements may come into play. More action and combat than Wolf Among Us.

Gator86

I was very Meh on the announcement of this game, but after playing Tales From the Borderlands im super stoked to play this
when all the episodes are out

Absolutely me. Tales got them a lot of leeway so I'm excited to see this. Plus, batman, obviously.

Alienous

- Engine was described as 'new' by IGN. Telltale corrected and said it is 'upgraded'

- The story is 'unique' and is not based on any individual comic, film, or TV show

- You will be playing it 'before the kids go back to school'. Telltale said August.

- Is it going to be detective noir? No, not really. Some elements may come into play. More action and combat than Wolf Among Us.

The Daredevil Netflix show comes to mind.

Phamit

HURRRR JON SNOW

Yeah GoT looked like a mess, they totally failed to do a proper Painting look

Tizoc

I don't see anything 'upgraded' or improved in any of those screenshots. I expect even the gameplay to keep the 'jank' and stutter of their previous releases.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard about a Telltale Episodic game. It'll only be true when the last episode releases in Aug. 2017
If we're lucky :V

Neoxon

Craig Smith not doing Batman? My heart is torn apart. Dude was THE best Batman ever.
I love Baker, a real professional and an actor with impressive voice range, but Smith was and is unparalleled as Bats.
That's not how you spell Kevin Conroy.

I think he got a nice send off with the Arkham games and Killing Joke
He's voicing Batman on Justice League Action.

Top Bottom