• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

wkb5lcb2ru82.gif

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
well 3/3 this week for disappointment. No new mgsv news, square enix new ps4 exclusive is stupid and now no trailer. My heart...

a916

What's the likelihood of a trailer before Jupiter Ascending? And more importantly, is that something WB will announce beforehand?

What's the likelihood of a trailer before Jupiter Ascending? And more importantly, is that something WB will announce beforehand?

Probably not, to either one. WB really has no idea what they're doing. The fact that its been at least since November since we got a promotional photo shows that they have no idea how to build hype.

JdFoX187

Banned
Everyone praises Marvel and Disney for their marketing, but we didn't get a trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy until what, March? That seemed to do respectable business. Ant-Man didn't get a trailer until last month and it's coming out eight months before DoJ. Don't think Warner Bros. needs to worry about building hype for this.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Everyone praises Marvel and Disney for their marketing, but we didn't get a trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy until what, March? That seemed to do respectable business. Ant-Man didn't get a trailer until last month and it's coming out eight months before DoJ. Don't think Warner Bros. needs to worry about building hype for this.

Marvel movies sell simply because they're Marvel though

For general audiences, I don't think the same can be said of DC. Perhaps with Batman.

JdFoX187

Banned
Marvel movies sell simply because they're Marvel though

For general audiences, I don't think the same can be said of DC. Perhaps with Batman.

It's fucking Batman and Superman in the same movie. If that doesn't build hype for general audiences, what does?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's fucking Batman and Superman in the same movie. If that doesn't build hype for general audiences, what does?

Honestly, I don't think a lot of kids will know who Superman is. The reason these kids LOVE Marvel is because of the movies.

A Marvel movie can be bleh and make tons and tons of money and have everyone and their mother go see it.

DC? Not so much. Man of Steel, I enjoyed, but a LOT did not. Green Lantern was terrible, the Batman movies were great but Nolan wouldn't allow the universe to be built within it with Supes/WW, etc which really hurt them IMO

Batman is the only thing the general public cares about, DC wise. A teaser would make waves, especially in a market Marvel dominates in.

A teaser WILL make waves, it's just not neccesary over a year away from release. You act as if no Super Bowl ad in 2015 for a March 2016 movie means they aren t gonna advertise it at all.

People are confusing internet opinion with General public opinion and acting like there is some widespread dislike of Superman or Batman outside of message boards that hate everything.

Ashhong

Honestly, I don't think a lot of kids will know who Superman is. The reason these kids LOVE Marvel is because of the movies.

A Marvel movie can be bleh and make tons and tons of money and have everyone and their mother go see it.

DC? Not so much. Man of Steel, I enjoyed, but a LOT did not. Green Lantern was terrible, the Batman movies were great but Nolan wouldn't allow the universe to be built within it with Supes/WW, etc which really hurt them IMO

Lmao you don't think kids know Superman?

wut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom