• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NOME IV Mini-Documentary.

Gotta say, I'm excited for this card; feels like an old school Smack card now that I think about it. Predictions?

Clips vs. Roc - I got Clips 2-1. Clips is just too hard to beat, and more complete than Tay Roc. I don't put it out of the question that Roc can out-aggress him though.
John John vs. Reed - I have no idea what Reed will come with, but I'll edge JJDD 2-1
B Magic vs. Big T... is a stupid battle, but Magic 3-0
Cortez vs. T-Rex - Will probably be the battle of the night. I can't call this, but I'll edge Rex 2-1
Verb vs. Goodz - I think Goodz is gonna style on Verb (2-1) unless Verb gets off that bullshit. I want Verb to come proper though. Crazy this battle has been in the making since Verb pretty much got put on when he faced SB.
Ill Will vs, DNA - This has a lot of potential. I feel like DNA has a lot to prove and will rise to the occasion like he did with Chilla, and Ill Will is scorching hot right now. My gut says 2-1 Ill Will.
Gattas vs. Hustle - Honestly, I'm not familiar with Gattas, but Ms. Hustle is just aight. I'll say Hustle 3-0 cause she's thick.

Esch

Banned
Gotta say, I'm excited for this card; feels like an old school Smack card now that I think about it. Predictions?

Clips vs. Roc - I got Clips 2-1. Clips is just too hard to beat, and more complete than Tay Roc. I don't put it out of the question that Roc can out-aggress him though.
John John vs. Reed - I have no idea what Reed will come with, but I'll edge JJDD 2-1
B Magic vs. Big T... is a stupid battle, but Magic 3-0
Cortez vs. T-Rex - Will probably be the battle of the night. I can't call this, but I'll edge Rex 2-1
Verb vs. Goodz - I think Goodz is gonna style on Verb (2-1) unless Verb gets off that bullshit. I want Verb to come proper though. Crazy this battle has been in the making since Verb pretty much got put on when he faced SB.
Ill Will vs, DNA - This has a lot of potential. I feel like DNA has a lot to prove and will rise to the occasion like he did with Chilla, and Ill Will is scorching hot right now. My gut says 2-1 Ill Will.
Gattas vs. Hustle - Honestly, I'm not familiar with Gattas, but Ms. Hustle is just aight. I'll say Hustle 3-0 cause she's thick.

Clipse should take it, but breh could possibly underperform maybe.

JJDD. Reed Dollaz is flabby and sick.

Goodz, for the same reasons you stated.

Ill Will. Sorry breh im just not seeing DNA like that. Dude is gonna get 3-0d

Even on the chick battle based on Google results. Gattas got the better face, Ms. Hustle body tho....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD Danny Myers vs. KG the Poet. Another battle of the year contender, ffffffffffffuck does Danny ever run out of these left field lines?

Where KG Be
You're not gonna understand any of these bad bitches like Telemundo
That Shyne scheme
I'll pull a gun out on you, so big, it looks like its photoshopped

I dont even know man, I think this might be his best performance yet. KG went in too, I need to watch this again before I give it either way, but Danny has that aggression.

I think this might be his best performance yet. KG went in too, I need to watch this again before I give it either way, but Danny has that aggression.

I'm not the biggest fan, but Myers got off in this battle. That KGB scheme in the first round.

k-state-coach-forehead-wipe.gif

One dude I'm looking for after watching some of his battles is syahboy.

He had some crazy lines vs lotta and big kannon

"Even hit the State Farm ninja"

"This chopper will pick anyone up, like the dot mobb"

Who would be a good matchup for him?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
One dude I'm looking for after watching some of his battles is syahboy.

He had some crazy lines vs lotta and big kannon

"Even hit the State Farm ninja"

"This chopper will pick anyone up, like the dot mobb"

Who would be a good matchup for him?
Syahboy is mad underrated. I think he just battles as a side thing. The sneaker scheme he did in the Big Kannon battle was OD.

I actually think Syahboy vs. Surf could be good, but will never happen. Maybe Syahboy vs. Super Writer?

mileS

Danny Myers vs. Bigg K @ Battle of LA 5, KOTD. June 27th & 28th

Could be a good one!

here's the rest of the card for people that haven't been following:
Dirtbag Dan/Caustic vs Marlo/Shuffle T
Daylyt vs Charlie Clips
Math Hoffa vs Dizaster
O-red vs Rum Nitty
Illmaculate vs Aye Verb

Danny vs kg was beyond flames. So many stupid lines

But my favourite part was shotgun suges reactions. Surprised he got so many of the bars lol. I actually want to see him succeed. He's not as bad as People make him out to be

God damn, I had no idea GAF had a battle OT! I was just about to make one when I searched and found this. Saves me a lot of time.

Everyone see the new BOLA matchup?
Danny Myers vs Bigg K
This battle is gonna have too much crowd reaction to even get through the bars.

I'm about to catch up on the thread now so Idk if it's talked to death; but how do you guys feel about Total Slaughter? I'm thinking about going, that shit is about to be crazy at Hammerstein Ballroom. Even greater capacity than the Webster Hall events SMACK was putting on.

^Also Tumi's chess scheme in the first was nice af, btw

edit:
Danny Myers vs. Bigg K @ Battle of LA 5, KOTD. June 27th & 28th

Danny has a new battle of the year contender every other week, Bigg K's last two have been incredible. Both have crazy buzz right now, this battle is a bar fest. I wanna go with danny on this one because I like him better. But Bigg K is masterful at making his opponents material look corny, he could really go in on danny's off kilter "lima bean/time machine" esque bars.

It's a toss up till the footage drops, but a definite contender for battle of the event.

edit pt.2:
NOME IV Mini-Documentary.

A lot of people on various battle rap forums sleeping on this card, but there's a whole "URL is dead bandwagon" since they've been focusing on the UFF and PG's lately (which have been giving better battles than the main stage anyway thats a whole 'nother story) This is a good card.

Clips vs. Roc -- Clips 3-0 (2-1 if Clips is on his bullshit), he's gonna do him worse than he did the first time. Roc is just one of these dudes with little to set him apart from the pack for me. He's had some good performances but ultimately boring. Clips has Personality, Jokes, Word-Play and is one of the best at freestyling out right now.

John John vs. Reed -- Not really familiar with Reed, heard him on a podcast and he sounded pretty confident. Idk I don't put too much stock in "legends" that havent done it in years coming back and killing. Lux is the only one who really made good on that promise. JJDD 3-0, no bodybag. But I'm not mad if Reed proves me wrong.

B Magic vs. Big T B Magic 2-1, Big T is only good for one round since the Tsu Surf battle. He'll come with one fire round of "aint bunny ears when this piece behind your head" type shit then bore me to death for the next two rounds.

Cortez vs. T-Rex - Kinda eh on this battle. Rex is nice but can say some really retarded shit some times. Cortez is one of the all time most boring battlers. He's made the upgrade from punching bag to clone by copying the in vogue URL style of word-play in is recent battles. I'll say Trex 2-1 just because he actually has a personality.

Verb vs. Goodz - Goodz 2-1, Verb has been spreading himself too thin lately and I've never been a fan of his inconsistent delivery. Goodz has some of the best stage presence in the game, and can punch with the best when he wants to. Heard Verb in an interview say he's taking this one serious so I'll fuck around and throw him a round.

Ill Will vs, DNA - PSHHHHH Ill Will 3-0 BODYBAG, Ill Will is one of the best at making his opponent look dumb and DNA is very dumb. DNA will say some DNA shit like "Blam The Razor" "You're from the UK but I'm known nation-wide" potentially do a freestyle where he literally says "something something" to fill gaps and Will (barring a choke) will destroy him for all of it. If DNA can manage to bring his AAA+ game it might be debatable.

Gattas vs. Hustle - I'm only just now starting to fuck with Queen Of The Ring so Idk much about either, but apparently this battle has some history behind it so i'm expecting some crazy personals going at each other.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RE: BOLA 5:

Math vs. Diz, Daylyt vs. Clips and Bigg K vs. Danny Myers should be good. Can't say I care for the rest of the match ups. I think Bigg K has a good chance at being someone that can clearly beat Danny Myers.

But my favourite part was shotgun suges reactions. Surprised he got so many of the bars lol. I actually want to see him succeed. He's not as bad as People make him out to be
I think he's pretty bad, but he has stage presence. If you haven't already, watch his rematch with LottaZay, he did pretty well, maybe even won.

I gotta share this Ness Lee vs TUMI (south Africa) crowd was live as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1K9fIfVAE0o

tumi is not an active battle rapper he's a mainstream artist here he's a very well rounded emcee tho
This is flames. Heard AngryFan say it was but I didn't get around to watching it until now. I like this Tumi guy's style.

I'm about to catch up on the thread now so Idk if it's talked to death; but how do you guys feel about Total Slaughter? I'm thinking about going, that shit is about to be crazy at Hammerstein Ballroom. Even greater capacity than the Webster Hall events SMACK was putting on.

-snip-

A lot of people on various battle rap forums sleeping on this card, but there's a whole "URL is dead bandwagon" since they've been focusing on the UFF and PG's lately (which have been giving better battles than the main stage anyway thats a whole 'nother story) This is a good card, obviously it doesn't top Summer Madness 2 on paper. But even Summer Madness 2 didnt top Summer Madness 2 on paper.
Welcome! This thread could always use more active members :p

Total Slaughter seems weird. There is like little to no promo for it, and they keep attaching Eminem's name (not just Shady) to it but there's no real confirmation of his involvement or that he'll even show up. Filling up Hammerstein seems impossible without an actual Em appearance. Not only that, but I'm still worried that the battles will be on beats as initially rumoured.

Yeah and people are def. sleeping on NOME 4. I think there are pretty real expectations that URL has to step up their production, especially now that they have BET begging them for more seasons of UFF. Their fault or not, they're getting caught with poor audio situations consistently, and KOTD has all of these beautiful, thematic visuals for V2R and BOLA. But the card is good IMO. K-Shine is getting the break we desperately need for him, and there are legitimate rivalries that are being settled. I also agree that Summer Madness 2 has pretty much spoiled us all; I don't think there will be a card like that ever again TBH.

Seems like I'm the only one that has hope for DNA though :( He really is running on a treadmill with his rhymes a lot of the time. Another thing Jayblac pointed out is that he always fucking ruins the surprise of a scheme before he does it, taking away all of the impact. The thing with DNA is that I don't think he's gonna let any of these PG dudes beat him, even if he pretty much pieces his rounds together from various things/styles others do.

On the topic of PGs though.. when UFF is over I really hope they start dropping battles from, like, the past 3 PG events they did. Nothing has come out of those yet (presumably to push UFF), but I really want to see what a lot of the developing talent is bringing.

What it do echosmyron?

Re-watching Lux vs Hollow. Only watched it once or twice because I was waiting for the official YT footage to drop.

Which is probably happening in two-thousand and never. I'm pretty astounded at what a bad host Jack Thriller is. He told the crowd to make some noise two seconds after Arsonal told them to be quiet because they were fixing the stream smh.

edit:
Total Slaughter seems weird. There is like little to no promo for it, and they keep attaching Eminem's name (not just Shady) to it but there's no real confirmation of his involvement or that he'll even show up. Filling up Hammerstein seems impossible without an actual Em appearance. Not only that, but I'm still worried that the battles will be on beats as initially rumoured.

Crooked I did specifically mention Em's name on an episode of Angry Fans Radio. But that really shouldn't be the only place I've heard a concrete Eminem connection. There's so much misinformation about this Total Slaughter shit. I thought it was gonna be on TV for the longest time, MTV or something, then recently I found out it's gonna be on Eminem's VEVO channel or something. Still a big deal but not quite the game changer I thought.

And fuuuuuuuuuck these battles BETTER not be on any beats! I get the impression from Angry Fans Radio interviews with Crooked I and Joe Budden that they know too much about the battle scene to do something that dumb. At least I hope so.

Yeah and people are def. sleeping on NOME 4. I think there are pretty real expectations that URL has to step up their production, especially now that they have BET begging them for more seasons of UFF. Their fault or not, they're getting caught with poor audio situations consistently, and KOTD has all of these beautiful, thematic visuals for V2R and BOLA. But the card is good IMO. K-Shine is getting the break we desperately need for him, and there are legitimate rivalries that are being settled. I also agree that Summer Madness 2 has pretty much spoiled us all; I don't think there will be a card like that ever again TBH.

KOTD is straight up killing it right now, especially the frest coast division. Best thing going in battle rap currently IMO. But URL still have the biggest influence and most views (besides FlipTop) of any league since the collapse of Grind Time. They've got a ton of issues, I always question the worth of going to a URL live event because of the horror stories (waiting hours between battles, no food in the venue, last minute cancellations). But the hating on this card just seems like bandwagon hate. If any other league came out with this card people wouldn't stop singing their praises.

... he always fucking ruins the surprise of a scheme before he does it, taking away all of the impact. The thing with DNA is that I don't think he's gonna let any of these PG dudes beat him, even if he pretty much pieces his rounds together from various things/styles others do.
It's one of my biggest complaints with DNA, besides the little technical errors people pick on him for. The dude crams like full sentences in his schemes before he gets to the punch. I've always wanted to talk to DNA before a battle and tell him to reword his shit so it flows better.

He didn't always do that either, I recently re-watched DNA vs Rone on GT and was surprised at how brief his set-ups were. Dude is so inconsistent though. Surprisingly nice vs Eurgh, embarrassingly bad vs Pass. Never know what to expect with dude.

On the topic of PGs though.. when UFF is over I really hope they start dropping battles from, like, the past 3 PG events they did. Nothing has come out of those yet (presumably to push UFF), but I really want to see what a lot of the developing talent is bringing.

Yeah too many potentially dope battles in the vault. Talent development is an area where KOTD really needs to step it up. They're starting to make a star out of Rum Nitty but that's kinda it.

This is always an interesting question, though: Who do you guys consider KOTD & URL rappers?

It's obvious for dudes like Hitman Holla or Pat Stay. But what about guys like Danny Myers, KG The Poet or Bigg K?

I think it's important for leagues to develop talent associated with their league, but since none of these rappers have exclusive contracts or anything the distinctions can get real cloudy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
And fuuuuuuuuuck these battles BETTER not be on any beats! I get the impression from Angry Fans Radio interviews with Crooked I and Joe Budden that they know too much about the battle scene to do something that dumb. At least I hope so.

-snip-

It's one of my biggest complaints with DNA, besides the little technical errors people pick on him for. The dude crams like full sentences in his schemes before he gets to the punch. I've always wanted to talk to DNA before a battle and tell him to reword his shit so it flows better.

He didn't always do that either, I recently re-watched DNA vs Rone on GT and was surprised at how brief his set-ups were. Dude is so inconsistent though. Surprisingly nice vs Eurgh, embarrassingly bad vs Pass. Never know what to expect with dude.

-snip-

This is always an interesting question, though: Who do you guys consider KOTD & URL rappers?

It's obvious for dudes like Hitman Holla or Pat Stay. But what about guys like Danny Myers, KG The Poet or Bigg K?

I think it's important for leagues to develop talent associated with their league, but since none of these rappers have exclusive contracts or anything the distinctions can get real cloudy.
Yeah, I only listened to Budden on AngryFanRadio, but he said Lux/Mook might be 5 min rounds, I sort of got the impression that he understood the culture and where it's at right now really well and it wouldn't be on beats.

RE: DNA
I think that he just never learned to focus himself. Smack, Norbes, all of them agree DNA spread himself too thin. What keeps me watching everything he does is that he does come up with creative stuff, and at least a few times every battle. It's weird, it's like an abusive relationship. He's pretty up there when freestyling goes too, and the fact that he consistently makes an effort to do so keeps me tuning in. He is probably the most flawed battle rapper I still look forward to watching.

With respect to URL/KOTD rappers, I really just look at it as who groomed them the most or did the most for their career; URL moreso, but both leagues take talent from people on the come up in smaller leagues. Conceited battled first on Lionz Den, but he's not really a Lionz Den rapper, people associate him with GrindTime. Danny Myers is weird, because both URL and KOTD were up on him around the same time, but he simply had better battles on KOTD (I think his PG even came out first?); I think he may have even lost to Jay Rell. Bigg K was definitely a URL rapper, but he decided to be a diva so that's why you only see him on KOTD now. I agree with Norbes who said a URL vs. KOTD card would be pointless because KOTD uses all URL rappers anyways, and it's true.

I think there are very few people you could couldn't categorize (if you had to). The big one is Arsonal. Broke out on Lionz Den, had landmark showings on GT and URL, but probably got his biggest look from Fight Club.

And as far as grooming talent goes, it's undeniable: URL is on top. They are the primary source for quality battle rappers, and they have a MUCH better sense of quality control. As soon as someone makes a splash on the PGs, Organik is on the phone. People are desperate for PGs and always seem to kick it up a notch once they get a shot. Honestly, some of the people that are in the PGs but get nowhere could catch bodies in KOTD.

Danny Myers is weird, because both URL and KOTD were up on him around the same time, but he simply had better battles on KOTD (I think his PG even came out first?); I think he may have even lost to Jay Rell.

Yeah, of the big leagues he was on the PG's first vs Rell. The battle that made him pop was obviously the Rum Nitty joint on KOTD and technically he's from AHAT in Vegas. He's also AHAT staff.

I personally associate him with KOTD because that's where I saw him first but in reality Danny is the epitome of a free agent. He's got battles dropping on every league at a near constant rate.

enzo_gt said:
I agree with Norbes who said a URL vs. KOTD card would be pointless because KOTD uses all URL rappers anyways, and it's true.

Norbes & Organik actually had a pretty interesting conversation about a KOTD vs URL card on Norbes' new podcast "The War Report" @ 43:50, about two weeks ago.

Norbes almost doesn't let Organik count Daylyt & Real Deal as KOTD rappers. loll

enzo_gt said:
I think there are very few people you could couldn't categorize (if you had to). The big one is Arsonal. Broke out on Lionz Den, had landmark showings on GT and URL, but probably got his biggest look from Fight Club.

Arsonal is UW man! He's the only UW rapper, besides O-Solo.

enzo_gt said:
And as far as grooming talent goes, it's undeniable: URL is on top.

Yeah, they're the best at promoting rappers to top tier status for sure. Only problem with the URL scene is that it's so restrictive stylistically. I like variety with this battle shit, in the URL even if you're a funny battler like Clips you really need a street element to thrive. Fuck around and start using personal angles, you might get booed like X-Factor.

Grind Time was the perfect scene, except for all the shitty business practices and the flood of crappy battles that ended up killing the league. Battle Of The Bay 5 is still my favorite event in all of battle rap. (1) (2)

The same event had The Sarus vs Illmac, Marvwon vs Aye Verb, Passwurdz vs Hollow, Dumbfoundead vs PH, Kid Twist vs Madness, Arsonal vs Conceited and waaaay more.

So many different styles, everything was accepted as long as it was dope. Not saying all URL rappers are the same by ANY means (bullshit some people do try to peddle), many have their signature style. But you just don't get that kind of variety out of a URL event.

lol anyway, back on topic, KOTD really needs to get on booking & promoting WestCoastDred. His shit vs Myers was intense and he's from LA so it's a perfect fit. He could be the next to rise up the ranks.

enzo_gt said:
Honestly, some of the people that are in the PGs but get nowhere could catch bodies in KOTD.

Really that's because it's so hard to hit the main stage in URL more than anything. Dudes like Sno, Ty Law, Myers, Ah Di Boom and even Prez Mafia (maybe) should have been out of the PG's by now. There's so few top tier rappers willing to take a PG name. It's almost become the exclusive job of DNA and Charlie Clips to elevate these PG dudes to the next level.

How does Chilla Jones have so few Main Stage URL battles?

Real go nowhere PG dudes like, Ha Double (i dont get it), Jhonie Alcatraz (mediocre af), or M.Ciddy (actually decent but MIA) could probably bully a Sketch Menace, HFK or some other garbage KOTD rapper. They'd have problems against even a J-Pro or 100Bulletz, though. Let alone a Pass, Bender or even Osa.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UFF Finals: Sno vs. KG The Poet. SNO DON'T HURT EM
How has Smack done this two years in a row and is still this awkward when he's talking? lol

UW: Arsonal vs. Yung Ill. Okay I think Yung Ill is back at 100%. I DROP BOMBS IF D.J. FLEX. This was a good battle, I think both of these guys did well considering they haven't been doing so well recently.

Yeah, they're the best at promoting rappers to top tier status for sure. Only problem with the URL scene is that it's so restrictive stylistically. I like variety with this battle shit, in the URL even if you're a funny battler like Clips you really need a street element to thrive. Fuck around and start using personal angles, you might get booed like X-Factor.

Grind Time was the perfect scene, except for all the shitty business practices and the flood of crappy battles that ended up killing the league. Battle Of The Bay 5 is still my favorite event in all of battle rap. (1) (2)

The same event had The Sarus vs Illmac, Marvwon vs Aye Verb, Passwurdz vs Hollow, Dumbfoundead vs PH, Kid Twist vs Madness, Arsonal vs Conceited and waaaay more.

So many different styles, everything was accepted as long as it was dope. Not saying all URL rappers are the same by ANY means (bullshit some people do try to peddle), many have their signature style. But you just don't get that kind of variety out of a URL event.

-snip-

Real go nowhere PG dudes like, Ha Double (i dont get it), Jhonie Alcatraz (mediocre af), or M.Ciddy (actually decent but MIA) could probably bully a Sketch Menace, HFK or some other garbage KOTD rapper. They'd have problems against even a J-Pro or 100Bulletz, though. Let alone a Pass, Bender or even Osa.
I don't think it's any more stylistically restrained than KOTD is TBH. I know there are a lot of jokes about nonsense street bars in URL, but I see the same forced schemes being pervasive in KOTD rappers, but their delivery often lacks the same conviction and for lack of better words confidence. Verb said it best, "you just put words together well." That's how I feel about a lot of the KOTD match ups, though I agree their cards have significantly more variety than URL ones.

X-Factor got booed not because he took personal angles (I would say the majority of battle rap today is personals, no matter the league, general bars is almost implicitly frowned upon now), but because he started freestyling when he forgot his shit and got sloppy. People actually liked priorities before he stopped showing up like he used to.

I think 100 Bulletz is pretty bad; J-Pro is okay, he's a decent writer. It's the same song and dance for me with a lot of these guys. 100 Bulletz even had a PG that didn't come out because it was bad. I'm thinking Illanoiz, Anubis, Syahboy, Tone Montana, Super Writer. All of those dudes are pretty much nowhere today, but in confidence I think they can take out anyone who isn't Pat Stay/Daylyt/etc. on KOTD. I think those guys can all give Pass a good run for his money too.

Another problem is that these match ups are not really exciting to me. It's going to be 3 rounds of aggression on one side, and clowning/trying to meet aggression half-way on the other. The reason something like Real Deal vs. Ill Will or Math vs. Pat Stay works (or Yung Ill vs. Fresco should have worked..) is that there is the element of comedy to both of them IMO. Without that you get some snooze worthy battles like K-Shine vs. Pass.

URL Proving Grounds : Showoff vs. Brizz Rawstein

Brizz kinda dope, he went off. The other dudes TRASH though
I think Showoff had his moments. Aside from the choke, dude had some pretty unorthodox transitions. Brizz stole the show though. Decent PG.

Enzo, can I get a roster list of all the teams? So hard to keep track

Dott mobb
Innuendo
Team homi
People who say jersey at the end of each round
Crack city

What else is there?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo, can I get a roster list of all the teams? So hard to keep track

Dott mobb
Innuendo
Team homi
People who say jersey at the end of each round
Crack city

What else is there?
4th Quarter or w/e? (Rum Nitty/KG)
NYB (pretty much everyone from Brooklyn)
Murder Ave (Cortez/Ms.Fit)
Bosschicks
Yak town?

They're like FGC sponsors, you can't tell what's a legit squad and what is just some shit they yell out at the end of their rounds. I don't know what counts and what doesn't. Sno says like 8 things before his rounds.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
-- but I see the same forced schemes being pervasive in KOTD rappers, but their delivery often lacks the same conviction and for lack of better words confidence. Verb said it best, "you just put words together well." That's how I feel about a lot of the KOTD match ups, though I agree their cards have significantly more variety than URL ones.

By 'forced schemes' you mean the sort of pervasive trend of associative word-play and punchline similes? I agree with that. KOTD/GT rappers have been jumping on the bandwagon. This is a recent trend, though, that stems from URL's dominance in popularity. The whole "bars over everything" mantra combined with the newly changing definition of the term "bars."

A lot of these dudes didn't rap like this two-three years ago, when their scene was popping. They're pretty shamelessly incorporating the in-vogue style to stay relevant. In some cases it's worked, helped people improve as writers. In a lot of other cases it's embarrassing.

but in confidence I think they can take out anyone who isn't Pat Stay/Daylyt/etc. on KOTD. I think those guys can all give Pass a good run for his money too.

Fair enough, but I love Pass' flow and the specific angles he takes for character assassination. He's got some of that Goodz in him. He's not coming with super intricate word-play all the time so dudes thing they can "out-bar" him but he'll come with some unexpected slick shit that makes his opponent look dumb imo.

What else is there?
Also "Writer's Bloque" a relatively new group established around the time of V2R.

Hope it doesn't take Danny Myers vs Chilla or Magic off the table.

Hollow da don vs Charlie Clips going down this Halloween!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAoUYTEnndg
Finally!

ibe5UvYXxv5xiQ.gif

KOTD - Rap Battle - Bender vs Big T

From what I remember on the PPV Bender came with it. First time Big T kept me entertained for 3 full rounds in a while, even with the stumbles.

edit:
1st round Bender is already cooking. T had some heat in the first, his Al Bender scheme got slept on. He ended his round real short, though.

Blood running down Big T like a Crucifixion>> the setup was nice as well.
Hook take your brain out your face like an Egyptian pharaoh>>
Comin' down on ye harder than the fashion industry>>

Terry scheme was hard too.

edit 2:
lol Big T's "poutine" was sick, shit had me dying.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

KOTD - Rap Battle - Bender vs Big T

From what I remember on the PPV Bender came with it. First time Big T kept me entertained for 3 full rounds in a while, even with the stumbles.

edit:
1st round Bender is already cooking. T had some heat in the first, his Al Bender scheme got slept on. He ended his round real short, though.

Blood running down Big T like a Crucifixion>> the setup was nice as well.
Hook take your brain out your face like an Egyptian pharaoh>>
Comin' down on ye harder than the fashion industry>>

Terry scheme was hard too.

edit 2:
lol Big T's "poutine" was sick, shit had me dying.
Oh man, Bender's second round.

He does his signature move, the I'm a little teapot
hahaa

Bender's third, the
Rick James the remains of her
line.. GOD FUCKING DAMN O.O Wow, that is one of my favourite bar flips in a while.

Hard battle to call, I just wouldn't give the third to Big T. IMO Bender had more quotables even though I'm not really a fan of the multi style.
Terror Squad Marathon, 50s demo tape, Plus size model squeezing a 9, Hugh Hefner with a huge heffer
I quite liked Big T's
Son Tsu/Sun Tzu line too.

First time hearing bender

Goddamn he is trash. Flow, performance, delivery etc.... Is beyond wack. Skipped his third round

Big T's second is prolly in my top 10 this year. Poutine line made me pause and get a drink. Also, the way he ended it had me laughing so hard.

"Fucking sex offender bender...quiet"

Forgettable battle either way

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sorry I am trying to get back into this battle scene but what has my dawg JC been up to?
JC sort of never topped his performance against Chilla. Between a little scandal where he reused bars vs. Tay Roc that he also used vs. a random, and him getting beat by 100 Bulletz, his stock has fallen a bit. I think since then he's had a few decent or better performances though (vs. Yung Ill, Clips, John John).

Goddamn he is trash. Flow, performance, delivery etc.... Is beyond wack. Skipped his third round

Big T's second is prolly in my top 10 this year. Poutine line made me pause and get a drink. Also, the way he ended it had me laughing so hard.

Agreed on all points. I was dying at "poutine," and the ending was golden, but overall, this battle didn't really do anything for me *ye shrug.*

Also, Clips v. Hollow is going to be mental.

Other random thoughts from watching some old shit yesterday

Calico murdered arsonal. I knew it was gonna be a body when he said "only thing I told my goons was not to kill smack"

John John was very very good against JC. His voice and movement is still janky but he very easily killed the midget.

Suave sonned young kannon badly. "I'll crowd surf ya"

Forgettable battle either way

Daaamn. I know this battle rap shit is entirely objective; but trash? Complete trash? lol damn.

To each his own I guess, I think Bender is tight and was thoroughly entertained by his performance and this battle had a bunch of memorable rhymes imo.

take your fam and tape em' up in a van like a partridge rerun>>>

Sorry I am trying to get back into this battle scene but what has my dawg JC been up to?

Phoning it in for the most part. A couple dope battles/moments here and there but he's spreading himself too thin.

Anyone down for a Battle plug tonight?

damn, I'll catch the next one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That was the first Bender battle I've watched that I can remember (I watched a Don't Flop battle he was in but can't for the life of me remember anything about it), but I thought he was alright. He''s way too reliant on multis but the punches he did have between were haymakers.

damn, I'll catch the next one.
No one showed up anyways lol

Battle plugs are too hard to schedule, but I was watching battles anyways so I was like what the hell, I'll throw up a room.

Dat feeling when you realize you have to spend time explaining to your future girlfriend about what battle rap is, and the 90% chance she's going to think your dumb

Iuno how to do smileys but imagine the lebron cry face for the above

Dat feeling when you finally find a girl and she's actually into it and wants to watch everything with you

Insert the Kevin Durant "you the real MVP pic"

Late night thoughts after going to a house party that was 75% chicks

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Beasley on AngryFanRadio dropping bombs. These are not complete cards, but what he's got pencilled in.

Post-NOME 4 event in June (Probably 21st):

Sno vs. Real Deal
KG The Poet vs. JC
X-Factor vs. K-Shine
Ah Di Boom vs. HA Double

Also they will have TWO anniversary events, one in collaboration with a promoter out in Arizona. The Arizona card:

QP vs. Johnny Storm
Marvwon vs. LottaZay
Sketch vs. DNA
Rone vs. QP
Aye Verb vs. Danny Myers
Real Deal vs. KG The Poet
Bigg K vs. B Magic
Illmaculate vs. ???
Arsonal vs. Rum Nitty

The main anniversary card is yet to be announced.. Beasley saying they might do a fan vote. He also talks the Bigg K/URL thing but doesn't really say much. Also he confirmed that they do indeed

WTF @ how big the line is for the NOME 4 Warm Up event. How did they get a line that big for an event they basically announced the week of with little to no promo?

Organik legit looks like a weasel or a ferret. Not in a bad way, he just actually looks like a rodent

Are weasels and ferrets rodents?

God, I haven't read those hilarious Redwall books in years. Animals fighting wars and shit, singing songs and having feasts

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: DNA vs. Prez Mafia, "battle of the teeth."

I don't know why people said this was a body. DNA kind of sonned him a bit the first two rounds. Prez just has way too much filler, and his hypemen are annoying.

AND THEN SWITCHED PLATES
had me dying

EDIT: And the 3rd round is a straight body too. DNA easy 3-0. DNA took this dude's soul away, damn.

DNA styled on him pretty badly

Memorable lines were

Prez first 2 setups were crazy.

"Bronx been killing queens since krs one" and "what I Carrie will put his father in the basement" had me going WOO SAH

And switch plates was dope

the Donald sterling, mark Jackson and the freestyles were nice by DNA but it seriously sounds so repetitive with like 60% of the shit he says. I literally had the same face prez had when DNA came with that predictable shit

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Smack's reactions are like the ultimate litmus test for battle rapper quality. He doesn't fuck with 75% of the shit anyone says, cause he's heard it all before. There's a part in that battle where he just has this empty gaze into the distance while Prez is attempting to go HAM.

Miltown Blow looks like every bar he hears is just making his constipation worsen.

Organik is like the Joker from TDK, always smiling.

Smack's reactions are like the ultimate litmus test for battle rapper quality. He doesn't fuck with 75% of the shit anyone says, cause he's heard it all before. There's a part in that battle where he just has this empty gaze into the distance while Prez is attempting to go HAM.

Miltown Blow looks like every bar he hears is just making his constipation worsen.

Organik is like the Joker from TDK, always smiling.

Totally agree. People in the backgrounds reaction is something I always look at lol

Shoutout to Mickey factz being a weirdo

Top Bottom