• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Magic vs rum nitty came out

Anyone wanna not watch it for the whole week and then we can plug it and listen with virgin ears?

Heard it was a bar fest

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I already watched it earlier today, but didn't get a chance to post about it :( Plus plugs are not really successful nowadays :(

KOTD: B Magic vs. Rum Nitty.

First bar from Magic stole ALL of Rum Nitty's momentum, damn. I don't want to say it's a body because of the stumble (Magic needs to cut this shit out TBH), but it's a clear win. Levels to this shit. Nitty is suffering from that JC syndrome, break out with a super good battle and then come a bit predictable and get outshined in subsequent showings.

Your BM a G I see
was good though.

Thought Nitty vs Magic was very close. Audio for the crowd reaction has been somewhat stifled in the official V2R footage. Was way more live on the PPV.

Don't know who I've got winning yet, gatta watch it again, check for some bars I might've missed. But this is a good showing for Magic who lost a little bit of steam lately imo, and a good battle for Nitty proving he can hang with top caliber competition.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
10325776_10202428876739449_7803028981051807179_n.jpg

NOME 4 is this weekend. We now know about it's PG card too. LOL @ Uno Lavoz getting a PG. T Top vs. Citty Towers should be dope.

RP912

Banned
10325776_10202428876739449_7803028981051807179_n.jpg

NOME 4 is this weekend. We now know about it's PG card too. LOL @ Uno Lavoz getting a PG. T Top vs. Citty Towers should be dope.

Nice to see reed dollaz still battling.

I haven't watch a battle since lux stole a soul. I wonder if tec 9 still battling...dude was a beast.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nice to see reed dollaz still battling.

I haven't watch a battle since lux stole a soul. I wonder if tec 9 still battling...dude was a beast.
Tech has taken a LONG hiatus, but will have his first battle in two years on the UW July 27th card vs. O-Solo.

RP912

Banned
Tech has taken a LONG hiatus, but will have his first battle in two years on the UW July 27th card vs. O-Solo.

Nice :D.

Dude used to kill me with his punchlines.

Him, Reed, and Bossman are like my favorite battle rappers.

I'm biased towards philly as you can see

Oh man. Replaying battles is the best

Head ice face during "you a ray j fan and a aye verb lover"

DNA during the Marshall law shit

Smack throughout the ill will vs b magic and during Charlie clips round against surf

Smack and the redhead chick were going nuts at "gun butt em, clip'll crack head like Lamar odom" ....which was hard as fuck

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So what is y'all favourite PG battle that isn't JC vs. Chilla? There are SO many good ones. I'm having trouble deciding myself. Doesn't have to be URL, but on another league where people broke out (i.e. Tone vs. Super Writer).

My top 3 is probably.
Lottazay vs. Syahboy. This is a BAHRS battle with some atmosphere, which makes it unique.
John John Da Don vs. B Magic. Great battle all around, I go back to this often.
Ty Law vs. Jay Rell. Crazy freestyles and crazier punchlines. Probably my favourite.

mileS

So what is y'all favourite PG battle that isn't JC vs. Chilla? There are SO many good ones. I'm having trouble deciding myself. Doesn't have to be URL, but on another league where people broke out (i.e. Tone vs. Super Writer).

My top 3 is probably.
Lottazay vs. Syahboy. This is a BAHRS battle with some atmosphere, which makes it unique.
John John Da Don vs. B Magic. Great battle all around, I go back to this often.
Ty Law vs. Jay Rell. Crazy freestyles and crazier punchlines. Probably my favourite.

Ty's third round is sick. That train line, the D'lo Brown line... probably the best wrestling bar of all time lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL Proving Grounds: Prep vs. Dot.

Yo, this dude Dot is something else, he has a wild style. That base meant/basement flip, damn. This battle is something else. I'm not sure if he's being gassed or I really didn't catch everything. Going to have to watch this again now that I realize Daylyt was in the back the entire time too lol

Also s/o to the dude behind Prep that looks like Charlie Clips mixed with Ah Di Boom. 2nd s/o to Steams' reactions.

Steams gotta take a massive shit lmao

Yo this first round is insane

Prep is basically a mr wavy knockoff

Norbes looks mad entertained during that boy dots spitting time. Actually got a unique battlers coming up

That was a very entertaining battle

Gotta Rewatch

Preps 3rd round stole the show

Cheese and mime schemes stole the show

Young x vs saint mic was dope as fuck too

Smack must've got some crazy head the past few days, releasing two dope battles within 24 hours.

Diddy kong scheme was hilarious

Dark skin bars is something you gonna have to deal with had me rolling too

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL Proving Grounds: Saint Mic vs. Young X.

I agree with Emperor, these last two PGs were crazy. I'm dying of laughter from Young X's rounds. YOUNG X HAS SO MUCH SWAG MY GOD. Saint Mic's third round was ridiculous too.

UW is now U Dubb Network and Lux vs. Hollow is dropping today
New Channel
New Card: Annihilation on July 27th:
Tech 9 vs. O-Solo
Shotgun Suge vs. T-Rex
O-Red vs. Charlie Clips
+More

These.. are mostly clear bodies one way or the other. Why are they no longer UW? Did UW go bankrupt or something? Oh well, even though that happened, the trailer also says that Loaded Lux vs. Hollow Da Don will finally be releasing
though they didn't specify on YT

Smack: I think DNA is gonna get killed [at NOME 4].

Queenzflip holding Head Ice vs. T-Rex battle ransom for 5000 subscribers for a new channel. What an idiot. What's with people making new channels thinking they can rebuild their movement in a second and throwing away all their subscribers? SMH.

Ill Will v. Alcatraz is probably my favorite PG battle.

"I got a NEW AR with a K that'll put J in the ER so he can See whY he shouldn't have forgot where he come from."

"How you bust guns and live that life, when you got something in your mouth that enhances your man's dick pleasure?"

"He got a nine that snipe right? And he pick it up like this? Ain't that bitch? If that's the case, I'll pull that big-ass AK out the holster, let the barrel spin, and give him all six shots."

About to dive into this Saint Mic v. Young X battle.

mileS

Saint Mic's delivery was on point. Good shit. Hope to see more from both.

Subscribe SamuelSupreme. Otherwise its hard to find this thread.

Aye verb is fucking cooking in his first round

Suave came back with some heat tho

Battle got wack real quick. 3rd round was almost unwatchable. Fucking shitty crowds

Chiraq and Aerosmith lines was highlight for suave. Verbs real talk was hilarious

"Treat em like after Obama speech, you'll get clapped"

Nome4 today. Let's hope everyone actually battles and the crowd isn't shit

Nvm. Charlie vs Tay going down tomorrow lmao

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Go-Rilla: Aye Verb vs. Swave Sevah.

Aye verb is fucking cooking in his first round

Suave came back with some heat tho

Battle got wack real quick. 3rd round was almost unwatchable. Fucking shitty crowds

Chiraq and Aerosmith lines was highlight for suave. Verbs real talk was hilarious
As soon as Swave said the crappy AngryFan line, the battle went downhill. WTF was Swave even talking about half the time?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hearing mixed things about NOME 4, except for that Clips vs. Roc didn't happen. I hope they go back to Blackstar and do it there though. (Blackstar is the GOAT Battle Rap venue btw). Ill Will says he has Arsonal at Summer Madness 4.. ehhh, I'd rather see Ill Will vs. Hitman. Also apparently Cortez vs. T-Rex got cut super short (2 mins), which annoys me because I was looking forward to that battle most :|

Jayblac: Loaded Lux vs. Hollow Da Don reactions. Oh my god this is perfect dead @
him taking off the jacket

iPHTiQzlEiK5R.png

EDIT: Smack's official response:

10325623_10154168894135401_8798392240668177610_n.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD: Caustic vs. Aye Verb.

Going to rewatch Caustic murder Verb
I don't think it was a body. Caustic had better personals but he came sort of sloppy and with lots of filler. That 2:45 line was the best in the battle. Verb's choke was one of the worst I've seen though.

Verb not at his best and Caustic seemed like he freestyled the entire battle. Terrible battle overall. They both lost.

Caustic second was actually hilarious

Verbs first was ok as well

Is it racist to say I don't really fuck with white battlers other than Charron and sno (when's he's not rambling about fucking yo bitch)

Something about them just puts me off, mostly the yelling

Aye Verb is really stacking up these mediocre/wack performances. His "loud whisper" rasp-ass delivery was at it's most obnoxious in this battle.

Obviously re-used hella bars for Shotty, the 1st round is obvious but the bald headed "I am legend" shit seems like re-purposed material as well. At the very least it would've made way more sense on Shotty, who is actually bald.

It's shorter prep time than usual but Verb still had two weeks, he should've have actually put on for the fans like he claims to have in the 3rd before his horrible choke.

What the fuck was that chicken sandwich/salmon line?

Caustic came thru on legit short notice, freestyled pretty well (really well in spots actually), still going performing at 50% his normal skill and smashed Verb.

Maybe not racist but somewhat confusing. Most I can think of don't really yell like that. Tbh when I think yelling battle raps, I think Hollow, Rich Dolarz & Hitman Holla.

I think those dudes are all dope anyway so maybe I don't notice it as much since it doesn't bother me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Caustic second was actually hilarious

Verbs first was ok as well

Is it racist to say I don't really fuck with white battlers other than Charron and sno (when's he's not rambling about fucking yo bitch)

For me it's not the yelling, it's the delivery and/or believability. I don't think it's necessarily a race thing, just that a bunch that broke out during GrindTime's era were white. For instance, I'd put 100 Bulletz into this category easily.

Real Deal is one of my favourites because he has some character and isn't trying to be either straight aggressive or straight cornygoofy, and of course, he has the bars to back it up. And I think either end of the spectrum works as well if you have something unique about you (Soul Khan/Bigg K) but many don't.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Ill Will vs. DNA trailer. Drops Sunday.

Damn, looks like URL got their footage correct and their sound together after all. I'm also hearing this might be the best DNA ever and potentially one of the best first rounds ever. So excited.

mileS

Yea that looks good. Shame the event fucked up near the end and 2 big battles didn't happen. I'm honestly not a fan of DNA at all, and I think Ill Will is an overrated bum but I'm excited for this battle after watching that.

If the same k shine who demolished dna showed up more often, he would be in my top 5 favourite, no question

"Conceited, I never liked you anyway. Pretty mothafucka"

mileS

ROFL @ Smack on the intro "ur baby moms might not be messin with yall but this is my gift to y'all, i got you" dead

DNA snapped in his first and third rounds. That crowd reaction at the end of 1 was insane, and his "Will in two" scheme in 3 was nice. Felt like Will was just cashing the check in this one, with the typical Yak bars, wrong gun schemes, etc. Pretty disappointed we didn't see a better performance from Ill Will, considering his past battles. Did not deliver on the expectation of a classic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ill Will was subpar. Lots of filler, lots of repetition and relying on his old stuff. Still a bunch of lines I really liked from him though, I don't think he came terrible.
AND1/DNA one, Kick-slammed-or-Troy-Mitchell'd, the Star Wars scheme, the rebuttal about contracts, and MAN HANG UP THE PHONE
were all great.

Don't know how much replay value the battle will have because DNA clearly edged him (it was over first round IMO) but GET SMACK THE FUCKOUTTAHERE is a legendary moment. DNA indeed left Earth.

Also s/o to Smack for owning up to the NOME 4 stuff and eating that humble pie. Seems like all the PGs are finally getting tested. Yeah you have one or two hot battles, but can you persevere? Ill Will still has a pretty good record IMO, but he's way better in a smaller room and some of the other hopefuls like Ty Law and Sno are looking shaky out here. Danny Myers has by far the best record out of the PG dudes, but he hasn't had that big stage challenge. He's earned a spot on SM4 more than any of these other dudes are likely getting rebooked (Big T namely after getting murdered by Big Kannon).

Not only that, but are we not gonna act like B Magic hasn't had a pretty sloppy record either? Choked in like 2-3 of his PG battles, fumbled against Daylyt, Ill Will, I think Rum Nitty and now a major choke against Big T? Nothing kills replayability of a battle like a stumble or choke. I know people can look past a stumble, but it really hurts battles for me.

There were really only 2 great parts for me (stuff that I will actually want to watch again in the future)

Ending of DNA 1st round and ending of wills 3rd round. That shit from will was hilarious. But DNA stole the show with his slogan

The rest was like 10% great bars, 25% good bars and the rest was meh.

DNA came with some incredibly lame stuff that I woulda bood if I was there. Will did too but some of the DNA shit was egregiously bad but he got a pass from the crowd (freestylting by rhyming ninja with ninja)....... Get that the fuck outta here

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
World Battle League: Ty Law vs. Reignman.

Zzzz battle. You can't hear anything Ty Law is saying and Reignman is looking hella dusty (though he cooked in the first round and the choke line in the last round was good).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
saw this posted on the angryfan fb group.

who you guys got if this shit goes down?
I think I'd edge it to Daylyt.

Side note: I went back and watched Math vs. Stay and I love it now. Great battle on both sides. I feel like Pat edged it though, as Math started fumbling in the 3rd round especially even though his Django line was probably the funniest shit in the 3rd round. That second round is one of my favourites from Pat.

Top Bottom