• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn Open Beta thread: April 8 (PS4)/ April 13 (PC/XB1) - April 18

I guess people aren't used to MOBA matchmaking times... this is pretty typical.

EDIT: So far I feel like there's not nearly enough indication that you're getting hit or where from.

Only time I've had a problem with this is against snipers, it's hard to tell that it's them hitting you because they're not necessarily even present on the mini-map, and invariably you will think it's the enemy closest to you.

Marquis or whatever his name is is a huge problem for the game mechanically. Especially as he can headglitch to the point that he is neigh on invisible. How are you supposed to know he's there if he can shrink his visible presents to a few small pixels, and can be too far away to be present on the minimap?

At least with Thorns bow you can very clearly see the arrows as they travel, plus the travel time itself makes it far more difficult for her to land shots on you if you're moving. I feel that feels mechanically sound, but Marquis does not.

Then again almost every lobby I play in seems to have it's token terrible Marquis player, so most of the time it does not matter.

Only time I've had a problem with this is against snipers, it's hard to tell that it's them hitting you because they're not necessarily even present on the mini-map, and invariably you will think it's the enemy closest to you.

Marquis or whatever his name is is a huge problem for the game mechanically. Especially as he can headglitch to the point that he is neigh on invisible. How are you supposed to know he's there if he can shrink his visible presents to a few small pixels, and can be too far away to be present on the minimap?

At least with Thorns bow you can very clearly see the arrows as they travel, plus the travel time itself makes it far more difficult for her to land shots on you if you're moving. I feel that feels mechanically sound, but Marquis does not.

Then again almost every lobby I play in seems to have it's token terrible Marquis player, so most of the time it does not matter.

I started out with Marquis, so I always check to see the other team has one and pretty much know exactly where he'll be lol. For me it's actually Thorn that's the problem, mostly because I'm not familiar with how she plays (not really interested in the character).

Bad Marquis players are a freebie. A lot of them don't run away when on low health. lol

Xevren

Man I can really see that token terrible Marquis player now that you bring it up, at least on Incursion for sure. They all go to sit up the ramp and try and snipe, gotten to the point I just glide up with benedict to knock em off then they're just kinda lost for awhile.

Trigonx

this game is pretty fun. Wait times on PC are pretty quick, usually a min or two except for my current wait that is approaching 5 min.

I really have enjoyed the ps4 beta, but only for the campaign stuff. The PvP is bewildering to me.

I think the lack of tutorials was a huge mistake. Incursion is a fairly complex mode (and that's not even taking into account all the different characters and their abilities/upgrades). I haven't tried the other mode yet.

Man I can really see that token terrible Marquis player now that you bring it up, at least on Incursion for sure. They all go to sit up the ramp and try and snipe, gotten to the point I just glide up with benedict to knock em off then they're just kinda lost for awhile.

Yeah, they go sit up on the ramp, try to snipe the entire game, realise about half way through that their 3 levels beneath everyone else in the match because they haven't actually done anything or engaged in any real team fights.

Then they either get abused for the rest of the game or leave.

But all the same, he's really annoying if you are playing a tank or larger supporting character. He will always hit you, never missing (because you're freaking huge) and he will explicitly target you all the time (because your freaking huge and he knows he can't miss) and there's nothing you can do about it (because you're slow and he's headglitching behind a wall with an immediate retreat). So if you're playng someone like Toby, Isic or Montana you just get harassed for the entire game, without anything you can do about it.

Even if he isn't killing you or having a huge impact on your team, I feel that it makes the experience thoroughly unenjoyable for the player playing those characters. I guess you can mediate his impact with healers and supports though, but he really makes them essential otherwise it's difficult to sustain in lane with the larger characters. Moving the camera down a little so that his head and chest always shows would be a good start. Perhaps some damage dropoff with range would help too, encouraging him to actually get in-lane. Perhaps give him a little more health to compensate.

On another note, Gearbox need to be super careful with this 'sniper' class of character. I feel that if they added one or two more they would completely break the game. If it became a possibility to play the game entirely at range, then it would become boring and possibly quite broken, very quickly. A team that had a Marquis equivilant, and Maquis at the same time, would not be fun to play incursion matches against, as they would be able to dominate the mid lane for free.

I pretty much exclusively play thorn though, and although I think I play her pretty well I feel that she's a pretty balanced character with a high learning curve. I haven't played as much as others characters but I'm on 136 kills with 25 deaths with her now. I feel that thorn is all about having high sustain while making the correct plays to finish people off, providing your team the opportunity to push. She's very enjoyable to play for me because of the potential she has. I'll find other people to play as once the game comes out.

Also, characters like thorn should be quite a bit more effective on PC, where movement is more limited (restricted to 8 way without analogue) and aiming is easier and faster. I wonder if Gearbox will be balancing the PC and console versions of this game separately as Blizzard are doing for Overwatch? I think it's quite important. Pretty sure I'm going to play as the man with the bow in Overwatch also.

Flunkie

Banned
I really have enjoyed the ps4 beta, but only for the campaign stuff. The PvP is bewildering to me.

I played with a friend who is familiar with how MOBAs work. It helped immensely. If at all possible, play with someone who has at least got a few matches under their belt.

I played one match of Meltdown and did not enjoy it. It didn't help that my team was getting destroyed by El Dragon. I'm sticking with Incursion.

docbon

The last boss in the second story mission was really cool imo.

I think the game really needs better feedback when you're taking hits.

Twentieth

Does this game remind anyone else of Monday Night Combat?

Incursion is just like playing MNC all over again, and that's certainly not a bad thing. I didn't come into this beta expecting much, but man it's fun. First and third-person MOBAs are a criminally underrated concept IMO. I sure wish there were more of them.

I never played Monday Night Combat, but I thought this is kinda similar too SMNC, which I loved.

I'm honestly surprised by the game so far. I was on the "dead on arrival" crowd, but I hope they balance it well and it becomes sucessful.

What I would love is if this game had smaller gametypes with perhaps 2 vs 2, where you had more strategic control. Think Future Cop LAPD's multiplayer mode but in luscious environments.

I actually like going assault with Marquis (from level 5) and backing people up into the Temporal Distortion dome with an owl nearby.

Slapping someone to death is pretty satisfying too.

I actually like going assault with Marquis (from level 5) and backing people up into the Temporal Distortion dome with an owl nearby.

Slapping someone to death is pretty satisfying too.

That's probably a good way to play him.

Most of the token Maquis online don't make level 5 in a reasonable amount of time, because they don't enter the lane or do anything fight an endless battle against a tank that doesn't want to die, or other snipers, so that's not an option.

Doukou

I enjoyed what I played, had a killer streak with 4v5 our team down by 1 and still won 98-0.
Sadly I don't think it will get my money, not sure about length or the time I will have to play

Ah yes 3 loses 0-100 in a row. I think I'm done :(
The score doesn't mean a whole lot. It will often be 0-50 or 0-100.
What you need to focus on is stopping the enemy minions and making sure your minions break through. Most of your experience at first will be from killing minions and building turrets. Also don't get too far up without support. Try to stay close to other heroes or your sentries so that all the fire isn't focused on you. Retreat if your shields are down until you can recover. You'll want to look for enemy heroes that are weakened and hit them with your abilities. It can take a while to find a hero that works for you. Just try different ones until one clicks.

I wanted to quote myself and re-examine the opinion I posted early on in this thread. I initially came away from the game with a pretty negative impression and I even went as far as to delete the beta. I decided I perhaps hadn't given it enough of a chance and redownloaded it, now I really enjoy it.

Went into this optimistic but I came out disappointed.

Animations are crap, texturing is awful and even if we resign to the idea that it's intentionally low quality in order to keep up with the action on screen (it shouldn't need to be when games like Titanfall can be equally chaotic yes visually, several grades above this), various visual elements stand out as being super-low resolution.

Even the AA solution is poor, heck there's aliasing all over the character select menus even. It's a very ugly game.

As for how it plays? It's okay. I only played a few rounds, and two co-op matches, but I found it felt rather monotonous, the game appears quite orientated towards coordination and team work, with AoE abilities, stuns and such, but with the janky and over the top animations, the game just looks much more visually busy than it needs to.

Heck, as a very basic example when Oscar Mike reloads, his arm covers more than half of his screen. It's visually obstructive without reason and I don't feel that much attention has been placed on how this may negatively impact the games design. That's an issue at the most basic level, but speaking more generally powers gunfire, animations etc. all interact to make an experience that's not that comfortable to play visually, and this has a cascading affect on how enjoyable the game is to play.

In regards to the singleplayer / co-op play, I found this very mindless. High health makes it very forgiving, and I found myself playing passively after a very short span of time. Enemies are bullet sponges and do not adapt or enforce immediate consequnces to your mistakes, therefore you can get into a habbit of holding R2 mindlessly until the game begins warning you that your shields are gone, or your low on health, then take cover for a bit. Even if you die, you simply respawn, no big deal. I'm sure there are difficulties which make this more engaging, but that doesn't help the gameplay overall, it should be entertaining at a basic level, and it just isn't for me. I shouldn't be falling asleep playing the missions on normal difficulty. They were very reminiscent of strikes on Destiny. About the same in quality, though I appreciate that the dialogue was better in Battleborn.

Stacked upon other issues, such as the lack of offline singleplayer and co-operative options, I don't see myself enjoying this. I have my hopes on Overwatch instead.

Reflecting back on a lot of this, most of what I say isn't wrong. Some of the animations do appear to lack appropriate weight and impact to them, in general they are very fast, which as I say, causes them to laugh weigh, but I inflated this issue to be more significant than it is, and it could be argued as part of the games style.

The artstyle and amount of aliasing however can't be excused. Going between this and an equally visually chaotic game like Plants Versus Zombies Garden Warfare 2 (which is in fact, much more chaotic with 24 player online multiplayer and an equal number of effects, abilities and NPCs, it's hard to understand why Battleborn does not perform and look better than it does. There is a good amount of aliasing that really hinders what the game wanted to achieve, and the framerate appears to run at 30 per seconds on console (?) which isn't really excusable when similar games (like Paragon) look a lot better while managing to maintain 60 frames per second.

With that said, when forming my initial opinion these issues about its technical performance were overrepresented as I did not spend enough time with the game to determine if I enjoyed its gameplay or not. Having spent a good 5 more hours on the beta, mainly focused on the multiplayer component I have come to really enjoy it. It feels strategic like games like Smite and Paragon, but yet the first person camera makes the experience feel more visceral. Mechanically the game has a different focus, as there's more of an mix of skillful control, map awareness and strategy than in other games. For instance, accuracy is not a persistently demanding factor in a game like Smite or Paragon. I can play most of the characters I play there without much issue, landing powers can be a challenge, but it's not especially tricky to become very consistent with them. In Battleborn there's a lot more depth to this side of the mechanics, and landing your basic attacks and powers is respectively a lot more challenging, this then promotes manual control as a significant factor when determining your success in a match.

More over, one of the really cool aspects of this game is how diverse the cast is. In games like Smite, and Paragon most of the characters can be categorised into specific archetypes, and then from there their moves represent one of several options for that archetype, but very rarely are they especially unique. Together the unique combination of abilities, passives and the damage on these moves makes a unique character, but it's very uncommon for many character abilities not to appear elsewhere. For instance, Hou Yi and Neith are both Hunters, they both have an escape, a ranged stun, an AoE, and a high damage basic attack. These attacks take different forms, but they're often used very similarly. Now if we compare Thorn to Marquis on Battleborn, we have two hugely different characters whose moves have very little overlap. I think that element of the game is really unique. It's really cool having to dedicate quite a bit of time to each character in order to really understand how to play them, and not being able to pick them up immediately because they fit a similar archetype.

In this regard at a raw gameplay, controlling your character, using your powers at the right times, landing your hits. I would say the game has a greater level of complexity than other, similar games. I believe that this is supported well by the focus on these gameplay aspects, with some of the strategic factors removed (Incursion features just one lane and items are simplified to merely needing to choose from 3). I think this makes the game much more accessible for newcomers from the strategic side, and also makes the game more enjoyable for people that want their performance determined by their ability to control their character and co-ordinating with their team. For me, this has made the game really refreshing and enjoyable to play.

One element that my initial post places heavy criticism on, is how I did not immediately enjoy the co-operative modes. In hindsight, when I was playing these co-operative gametypes I was playing with friends who did not enjoy them either, and that did not help. Furthermore, as I became more invested with a character, I found the co-operative missions more appealing as I wanted to replay missions to see how well my character fared, and hopefully unlock some new items to use with them. Once contextualised around an experience I already enjoyed (the PVP multiplayer) these co-operative modes made much more sense to me, and I simply enjoyed playing them a lot more. I can see myself using these modes as a way of taking a break from PVP, and as a means of try to learn new characters.

In regards to my crticsms of the overall business of the game. All I can say on this is that I have felt like it all begins to make a lot more sense the more you play, and as the cast is quite small, it's fortunately relatively easy to learn matchups and understand everything that's going on. The map icons help a lot too, as even though you can't see an enemy behind you, you can know what their doing based on the class they are. For instance when I see Rath behind me, I know he's hitting me with a stupid sword, so I place an AoE at my feet and run away. When I began playing at first, I wasn't aware of what each character did and it made it difficult to supplement my knowledge taken from the field of view ahead of me with the additional information that is provided via the in-game map. It would be nice however if the icons on this map could be a little clearer, as even on my 50" television it feels as though they are only barely recognizable at times.

The biggest problems I see the game having stem from gameplay balance and a lack of refinement in some particular areas. The game should be running at 60 frames per second, and characters like Alma have unjustifiable efficacy. With that said, I think the overall balance seems decent for early days, and provided they do not flood the game with characters, instead focusing on refining and balancing the existing cast, Battleborn could evolve into something truly brilliant.

I'll conclude this with a brief some of my pros and cons on the game, as others have done similar earlier on in the thread

• Pro
  • Unique and creative character designs
  • Gameplay is contextualised within a charming and creative universe, supplemented by lore and story missions
  • Artstyle is very pleasant, especially on the more lucious jungle maps
  • Raw moment to moment gameplay is very fun, much more in-touch with the action than its contemporaries
  • Unique character playstyles add ample depth to the games mechanics
  • Both gametypes are very enjoyable, and very different
  • Simplified itemisation places more emphasis on moment to moment gameplay, which I like
  • Character level and global progression systems in the form of challenges and a 'level' system encourage repeated play across varied gametypes and multiple characters. Helps you develop a sense of ownership with a character.

• Con
  • Can be chaotic at times, especially if you're a melee base character
  • Some balance issues, certain characters have unjustifiably high efficacy in certain scenarios
  • At times I found that I became stuck on or between other NPCs, this is annoying
  • Technical performance while stable and tolerable, does not match its competition, in neither fidelity or fluidity
  • The game should have LAN options, with everything unlocked

Over the past few days I went from really disliking the game, to deciding to buy it when it launches. I've had and am having a lot of fun with the beta and I'm sure I will continue to do so over the final four days (though Ratchet and Clank and Dark Souls III are not helping). I find the whole game really endearing, for some reason. I feel more connected to the characters and universe than I do in other MOBAs, and for me that's a great feeling. One concern I have though, is just how popular this game is going to be. I feel that Gearbox have messed up with the marketing, and should have sold it as a 'Borderlands type game with a really cool set of MOBA mutiiplayer modes. It's not that the game is bad or anything like that, it's just that $60 is a lot for this type of game and I'm not sure the marketing model fits the content on offer. Either way, I absolutely love it and will be picking it up come may third.

Long post, but if you read any of it, then thank you. :)

That's probably a good way to play him.

Most of the token Maquis online don't make level 5 in a reasonable amount of time, because they don't enter the lane or do anything fight an endless battle against a tank that doesn't want to die, or other snipers, so that's not an option.

It seems like the importance of killing minions and building to level up is lost on a lot of people who just treat it as death match. Until you get the 1/2/3 buff it's probably better to just stick with the pistol and owls for damage instead of trying to snipe with impunity unless it's an enemy device or thrall. Coupled with the AOE damage from Distortion at level 4, I feel you're already enough of a threat.

Fezan

Ah yes 3 loses 0-100 in a row. I think I'm done :(

Here is a tip. In matchmaking if it matches you with two 25+ level guys then continue else leave the match else you will be playing against them . Also try to play oscar mike he is easiest of the bunch . When low on HP press down on dpad to go back to base instead of giving them kills

Aselith

The last boss in the second story mission was really cool imo.

Also giving them. It is not a very enjoyable experience. Additionally, everything just kind of looks like everything so I don't find character particularly popping out. It just feels like a mess in the three matches I played.

TheYanger

Finally tried the campaign stuff out since I had time to myself with the xbox version. I hate the campaign. It's the most unfun shit ever. The Moba mode is still the most fun. Just awful awful visuals, really shitty feeling shooting.

I'm having way more fun than I expected, personally. (Not a big fan of Borderlands.) Glad I gave it a try despite the anti-hype.

This is on PC, which might help things.

I'm having way more fun than I expected, personally. (Not a big fan of Borderlands.) Glad I gave it a try despite the anti-hype.

This is on PC, which might help things.

I've seen some people say that but also seen loads of people complaining that they can't even get decent framerates on high end builds. So I guess it's a mixed bag.

Personally I'm 'okay' with the way the game performs on consoles. Whichever direction you go in though it seems like the problem is with Gearbox's poor optimisation of the game rather than hardware. So what I mean is, it wouldn't matter how powerful the PS4 is or isn't, Gearbox could get a lot more out of it than they currently are.

At present the game runs okay, and looks okay, but Gearbox really need to push performance a little better. The console versions of the game would benefit from higher framerates and an improved solution for anti-aliasing. There's no reason the PS4 or XBOX ONE versions can't achieve that.

Also giving them. It is not a very enjoyable experience. Additionally, everything just kind of looks like everything so I don't find character particularly popping out. It just feels like a mess in the three matches I played.

I'm not saying it will or won't change your view but I think you should give it some more time as initially I held the same impression as you, but I found that I was able to make a lot more sense of the games relatively complex visual scenes the more I played.

Balthuk

This is one of the two biggest issues I have with this game. I have had melee people bashing my head while I stay zoomed playing the sniper or healing an ally while 2 people are chopping my back.
The other issue is that there is a lot of stuff going on, both on the objective/mechanical side and on the visual side. The visual side needs tweaking/toning down while the mechanics and objectives are in desperate need of tutorials and bot matches to get you accustomed to them.

This is one of the two biggest issues I have with this game. I have had melee people bashing my head while I stay zoomed playing the sniper or healing an ally while 2 people are chopping my back.
The other issue is that there is a lot of stuff going on, both on the objective/mechanical side and on the visual side. The visual side needs tweaking/toning down while the mechanics and objectives are in desperate need of tutorials and bot matches to get you accustomed to them.

The game will feature some degree of tutorials in the campaign mode. I saw a dev say that much on reddit.

Mozendo

Played a few matches to see if it's more enjoyable now since the game had potential to be for fun me in the alpha but the game still feels awkward and and the heroes still are unbalanced. One of the biggest complaints I remember was how Rath needed a nerf badly in the alpha yet he's still overpowered in the beta.

Even though Paladins is a free-to-play game it's just the better game of the two unless someone only cares about hero variety.

I've seen some people say that but also seen loads of people complaining that they can't even get decent framerates on high end builds. So I guess it's a mixed bag.

Personally I'm 'okay' with the way the game performs on consoles. Whichever direction you go in though it seems like the problem is with Gearbox's poor optimisation of the game rather than hardware. So what I mean is, it wouldn't matter how powerful the PS4 is or isn't, Gearbox could get a lot more out of it than they currently are.

At present the game runs okay, and looks okay, but Gearbox really need to push performance a little better. The console versions of the game would benefit from higher framerates and an improved solution for anti-aliasing. There's no reason the PS4 or XBOX ONE versions can't achieve that.
I don't completely disagree, but the sort of complex alpha-heavy action you see in the average multiplayer match probably would be a struggle on the consoles. I can't think of any similar games which manage 1080p/60fps on them.

Game definitely is a pig even on PC. I get above 60 basically always, but it hovers around 80 during serious action and I honestly would expect more.

I think the game's real issue (and something said by many) is I'm not sure what niche it actually serves. It seems like it's a solid direct-control MOBA, but there's not much of a shortage of those nowadays. For example I'd personally take the new Orcs Must Die over Battleborn, and that's free-to-play so it's an inherently easier 'sell' and also serves a wider audience with the traps and survival mode. The campaign stuff seems reasonably fun, but we're talking eight missions so it's not a particularly massive draw there. It feels like it lacks a hook, it's just an apparently great but vanilla game in a genre that's already filled with great competitors.

I think the game's real issue (and something said by many) is I'm not sure what niche it actually serves. It seems like it's a solid direct-control MOBA, but there's not much of a shortage of those nowadays. For example I'd personally take the new Orcs Must Die over Battleborn, and that's free-to-play so it's an inherently easier 'sell' and also serves a wider audience with the traps and survival mode. The campaign stuff seems reasonably fun, but we're talking eight missions so it's not a particularly massive draw there. It feels like it lacks a hook, it's just an apparently great but vanilla game in a genre that's already filled with great competitors.

I think for me an influential factor here that despite being a 'direct control' moba as you say, it favours the mechanics of shooters more so than MOBAs, in many instances.

If you play league, smite, dota etc the combat in those games is always regulated by range and other properties like rate of fire, etc. The attack speed of characters is always awkward and determined by itemisation, and range of basic attacks is limited and standardised across the cast. Thereby, this makes a lot of the characters in those games play quite similarly, dominantly because their basic attack is near identical. So it's a gradual exchange of powers more than anything else. It's slow in comparison, and less defined by the users accuracy in moment to moment gameplay, and more by specific crucial moments, often focused on coordination rather than individual skill.

I don't feel as though Battleborn is of the same ilk in that regard. From the moment you come into lane, you're often attacking other players. Every moment I'm in the mid area I'm firing off at other players and or supporting team mates in a meaningful way. It's much closer to Smites Joust or Arena type modes, than anything in traditional MOBAs, but even then the pacing is drastically different, and I think sufficiently so to justify it's space in the market.

Orcs Must die looks neat but I think there's some merit to Battleborn being an FPS in honesty. Of course their are disadvantages of that and Gearbox would do well to address some of these (like making it clearer when you're being attacked) but I think it makes combat much more viceral than anything in Orcs Must Die, Smite, or even Paragon.

That's just my take though.

Now that the PC beta is live, I've finally played this game. I've only played around on story mode so far, solo. I enjoy what I've played so far! The story itself feels just like a Borderlands game, only minus the quests. The humor's okay, I enjoyed what I was shown. All the characters I've played so far feel like they'd be really fun to play in the multiplayer modes, and right now I'm just grinding the story mode to unlock the ones I want to play.

I'm not too thrilled that a large majority of the cast needs to be unlocked before they can be played as, but you can get a large majority of them unlocked by just playing the story mode, so that makes me happy.

Based on what I've played so far, I'd see myself buying this on the week it releases. It's worth my time and money.

Keasar

Gonna try the open beta tonight.

Have to see for myself on what Gearbox wasted 2-3 years instead of working on Borderlands 3

Honestly, if they are working on a Borderlands 3 after this, I think it will have a chance to come out much better for it.

Think about the possibility of now having classes with multiple abilities instead of just one. Abilities with more clear focus to support teammates like heals, shield etc. Characters built solely around supporting other players could be a possibility. Everything in Borderlands so far have been built around shooting/killing other stuff, with some minor mutations to that primary ability for one class (usually the Soldier dude with the deployable turret) that can sorta help teammates.

Bosses could be in future Borderlands much more well designed with phases, special attacks, unique stages and looks. Borderlands bosses have so far been mostly basic enemies enlarged, given lots of extra health and does more damage. I like so far the boss fights like Goeff (Arachnis, Lord of Spiders!) or Magnus ISIC. They are much more diverse and interesting fights than most Borderlands bosses.

I don't think they have wasted it if future games comes out more improved with lessons taken from Battleborn.

Melee characters almost stand no chance against a good Benedict player. How long can he stay in the air and hurl fire balls at you?

glaurung

Question for those who know more about Battleborn.

Does it have separate accounts for console/PC? Or is it shared like with Paragon? So, like, if I unlock command rank 10 on PS4, do I have to do it all over on PC?

Honestly, if they are working on a Borderlands 3 after this, I think it will have a chance to come out much better for it.

Think about the possibility of now having classes with multiple abilities instead of just one. Abilities with more clear focus to support teammates like heals, shield etc. Characters built solely around supporting other players could be a possibility. Everything in Borderlands so far have been built around shooting/killing other stuff, with some minor mutations to that primary ability for one class (usually the Soldier dude with the deployable turret) that can sorta help teammates.

Bosses could be in future Borderlands much more well designed with phases, special attacks, unique stages and looks. Borderlands bosses have so far been mostly basic enemies enlarged, given lots of extra health and does more damage. I like so far the boss fights like Goeff (Arachnis, Lord of Spiders!) or Magnus ISIC. They are much more diverse and interesting fights than most Borderlands bosses.

I don't think they have wasted it if future games comes out more improved with lessons taken from Battleborn.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. Thing is, given the time and budget this game got and if the game is not successful, I feel like this is going to effect their future products.

Like other people said before, I'm not sure this game has a big enough market, esp with their fan-base.

I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. Any suggestion?

As others have said, the key this isn't a deatch match, it's an objective based game. Focus on the objective. Kill enemy minions, attack the enemy players when they try to kill yours, build deployables that help.
The only part that killing enemy players servers for anything is because while they are dead you can push and help your minions more easily, but otherwise it won't do anything.

Question for those who know more about Battleborn.

Does it have separate accounts for console/PC? Or is it shared like with Paragon? So, like, if I unlock command rank 10 on PS4, do I have to do it all over on PC?

Unless they use SHiFT to link them (Which I doubt, they haven't done so for the Borderlands TPS) I'm gonna say you'll have to handle each platforms progress separately.

Aside from redeeming keys in borderlands games - SHiFT seems totally pointless..? No idea why they started that network.

Remmy2112

Melee characters almost stand no chance against a good Benedict player. How long can he stay in the air and hurl fire balls at you?

Not a terribly long time, and if you know he is there and keep an eye on him you can easily strafe+jump to dodge his missiles. Maybe super large, slow characters like Montana will have trouble, but as Oscar Mike I have almost zero issue just dodging Benedict;s rocket spam.

Xevren

He starts with a double jump and has access to a triple jump if he gets to rank 5 and can glide, as well as liftoff which pushes him even higher. He can stay up there for a pretty long time heh.

glaurung

Unless they use SHiFT to link them (Which I doubt, they haven't done so for the Borderlands TPS) I'm gonna say you'll have to handle each platforms progress separately.

Aside from redeeming keys in borderlands games - SHiFT seems totally pointless..? No idea why they started that network.
Thanks for the reply.

No I am less keen to get this.

Top Bottom