• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Early access,Road to Battlefield 1 streams (BF1 prior release thread)

tav7623

Seeing all these positive comments about the game are killing me (in a good way) cause I'm stuck at work and have the game sitting in my mailbox at home

Eggbok

What the fuck.

Is this the game?

Holy shit.

I've been playing it on XB1 and can confirm that the game is that gorgeous.

I had taken a few and posted them in the console screenshot thread. BF1 is amazing.

screenshot-original7rlxsj.png

screenshot-original11l9a5g.png

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Anyone have any idea if the early enlister edition will be able to preload from midnight tonight on PS4? Estimated preload date states the 16th so I'll be disappointed if not :)

Tuesday can't come soon enough!

Theorry

Is it btw possible to make a second account on your xbox and get another month ea access and play on that account another 10 hours? Or is it shared and you cant do that?

Is Kaiserschlacht the only operation available during the trial? If I click on the other ones it plays the Kaiserschlacht cut scenes. What an AWESOME mode though. Wow

10 hours is up, this is far and away the best Battlefield.
Absolutely incredible game across the board.

DICE just did their best work and set a new benchmark for Multiplayer shooters.

Broman1978

I see comments that the Xbox One version has dynamic resolution? Has that been confirmed? Should be interesting when playing on Xbox One S.

gl0w

Why i can't find any game on operations? It always goes back to the first screen.
I don't get how are people playing it.

PC EU

Dubz

I can't join a game using quickmatch. I always get an unknown error and get kicked. Same on Operations too. I can only join via server browser. Anyone else have this issue/?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but Operations sounds like, and is most likely is, a spin-off or in the vein of 2010's Medal of Honor Combat Mission (also designed by DICE).

I've been waiting for a mode like this in BF since 2010 MoH came out. Glad to see DICE finally made it. Back then, it combined Rush and CQ with a dash of narrative, which still seems to be the case.

Moonkeis

I subscribed for a month of EA Access to make sure the game runs ok on my rig. If I take advantage of the discounted price of BF1 as a member do I lose access to the game when I don't resubscribe next month?

I am tracking the medal for the Assault kit and just got 7 kills in a life and didn't get any recognition in the tracker for getting 5. Cool. (I am bad and 5 kills in a life is hard as hell).

1) Can someone explain the Conquest changes. Is there ticket bleed, or is it just like the beta + kills? Because I dont really like that. It's worse than beta and not quite as good as classic.

2) Is the medal system just completing a bunch of in-game quests? Is there a career-wide tracking system like how BC2 had Pins and Insignias, or how you had Medals and Ribbons in BF3? The BF1 system seems to encourage playing the game specific ways for each medal and that seems really annoying

I don't have many, but a few complaints.

Auto-balancing teams seems non existent. I thought I was moved fairly aggressively between teams in the beta, but I just spent 3 straight Rush rounds getting blanked and no one was moved between teams.

The Quit button between rounds feels like it is sporadically available. I hate waiting for the next round/map to load before I can leave the server.

I got into an Operation Kaiserschlacht. Right when I was about to deploy, “We Lost” comes up.

After that I try again, but it just kept booting me back to the menu. I don’t have time for that shit! Less than three hours, so I went back to Conquest. I’ll try Operations when it launches and there are more people.

Bumhead

Banned
Bravo to DICE for creating the most powerful intro to a war game I have experienced. This game just vaulted high on my list.

I have mixed views on Battlefield 1 in general thus far but yeah, that prologue was really well done. One of the most powerful things I've seen in a game in recent times and certainly as far as intro's go.

The tone of this game was by far the biggest risk for DICE but for me it's the aspect of it they've nailed the most.

gossi

I see comments that the Xbox One version has dynamic resolution? Has that been confirmed? Should be interesting when playing on Xbox One S.

I've just done some captures on Xbox One S, and yes - some serious work has happened on performance and visuals. I need way more time to figure out what's happening though, but this is world's apart from BF4 and Hardline.

Se_7_eN

I have 6 remaining hours to split between tonight and tomorrow... There is a big storm heading toward Seattle atm, I am ordering a pizza and playing non stop.

Feels good.

Thoughts vs bc2? Thats my fav so far

(Anyone thoughts, not just jiggles)

Vietnam is my favorite, BC2 is my second.... This is better than BC2 and MAYBE Vietnam, but that is pushing it.

Drewfonse

Can someone tell me if you can access and adjust load outs anywhere but the pre spawn menu? I can see all of the weapons and gadgets in the soldier main menu, but no load outs.

Loving this game.

Ozorov

Can someone tell me if you can access and adjust load outs anywhere but the pre spawn menu? I can see all of the weapons and gadgets in the soldier main menu, but no load outs.

Loving this game.

I have not played myself but from what I've read, no you can't.

sam777

How do I get Battlepacks? I am level 4 now and thought they would be a reward for levelling but I have not got even 1 yet.

gossi

By the way, I got an Operation to work last night. Took about an hour or so to complete the operation. Opted for 64 players. The Operations have a narrated story about the war, and video intros. The areas of maps at each moment are small, but open up as the war pushes in different directions. Your troops die you start to run out of people, so you'll hear "100 troops left" etc.

It's chaos and AMAZING. I had no expectations for this mode, but as we started storming over the trenches a long time into the battle I realised; I haven't played anything like it for a long time. It was a battlefield.

Drewfonse

By the way, I got an Operation to work last night. Took about an hour or so to complete the operation. Opted for 64 players. The Operations have a narrated story about the war, and video intros. The areas of maps at each moment are small, but open up as the war pushes in different directions. Your troops die you start to run out of people, so you'll hear "100 troops left" etc.

It's chaos and AMAZING. I had no expectations for this mode, but as we started storming over the trenches a long time into the battle I realised; I haven't played anything like it for a long time. It was a battlefield.

Sounds like I need to try this ASAP

GravyButt

Really debating switching to the early enlister edition now on xb1. Think its worth it? Is it basically for the extra days (my access time is almost up) or more than just a few skins?

Top Bottom