• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Early access,Road to Battlefield 1 streams (BF1 prior release thread)

Do we have exact details when the preload for PS4 early enlister EU will be up?

Obviously It's the 16th (tomorrow) but is that in 30 mins or late tomorrow night?

woah, just finished the trial's war stories on PC, and man that was fun...

definitely been itching to get back into this generation of war games, everything from the atmosphere to the story itself is just so much more engaging.

deoee

Games great but spawns are still broken as hell just like beta and early battlefront

You can clear a room and have enemies spawn directly behind or in-front of you. I've had multiple enemies spawn directly on me, nowhere near a cap. That and snipers are still everywhere. Performance seems worse too. The fun still outweighing my annoyances though

e-yea spawning is dogshit lol

https://gfycat.com/DopeyAptCoral

tav7623

....And so it begins :)

tumblr_of40gxVfkn1sos833o3_1280.jpg

Theorry

Really a shame they added the Behemoth crap. The game becomes totally unbalanced because of that. Have 2 out of 3 flags on Suez? 10 min later you will be all capped,

Why do people dislike Sinai? I love the look and style of map tbh

People don't like it? I played the crap out of it in the beta and loved it.

What I don't like is Suez. 64 players on a smallish map with 3 bases all in a line with no cover to flank. It's just a meat grinder, and I hate those maps.

nikos

Built a new gaming PC last night and signed up to Origin Access to give this a shot. The prologue was incredible. Hope the campaign keeps that mood throughout. About to dive into some multiplayer. Buying this on day one for sure.

Am I the only one who finds the decision to give the DMR to the medic class a little wierd?

Traditionally it's always been the noob/casual friendly feel good class of BF. If you aren't very good at shooting etc you could revive and heal and feel like you had a great game and contributed to your team.

The DMR on the other hand is a weapon for somewhat skilled players who hang back a bit. Ideally the medic class should have a scrub friendly automatic weapon that compliments someone who is running around healing and reviving.

It doesn't seem to gel for me.

Tovarisc

Am I the only one who finds the decision to give the DMR to the medic class a little wierd?

Traditionally it's always been the noob/casual friendly feel good class of BF. If you aren't very good at shooting etc you could revive and heal and feel like you had a great game and contributed to your team.

The DMR on the other hand is a weapon for somewhat skilled players who hang back a bit. Ideally the medic class should have a scrub friendly automatic weapon that compliments someone who is running around healing and reviving.

They are trying to avoid BF3 and BF4 situation where everyone and their mother were medics because it was most well rounded and best kit in the game. Being able self-heal, revive others and had best weapons in the game. Now by giving them DMR's instead of spray 'n pray SMG's they try avoid creation of medic trains. DMR's are still very spammable and lethal so you can put up a fight even in close ranges.

Just unlock Mondragon for medic and you are set until March with that kit.

Mahonay

Banned
I can't wait until I can play BF1 in a couple days. Getting real sick of getting banned from servers by salty admins simply for doing really well. There's almost no populated Official DICE servers in BF4 now, so it's all player run servers. It will be nice not to have to deal with this shit soon.

The semi rifles in this game are pretty easy to use. Most people just seem to be using the Rigotti, it's extremely spammable and has very little recoil. You can also just go full auto with the M1907. Then you have the Mondragón, which is just a beast.

Loving this game so much on xb1 that I went out and bought origin access and pre-ordered it on PC today. with the 10% discount it was worth it for the one month of access.

tav7623

I'm so confused; I thought the early enlister deluxe edition was download only? Can I purchase this in store?

there is a physical version that you could pre-order online, I personally got mine through Best Buy.com and it was originally slated to arrive Monday, but I guess they goofed up and sent it early.

The Support class seems to be the noob class now. I wish more people would play it because i run out of ammo as assault all the time.

lmbotiva

wait, can you buy a month of origin early access? i want to try the game out before a possible purchase, also can the campaign be played on early access?

Mugenjin

Medics were just obscenely strong with their healing and assault rifles in the previous BF games. So I don't think it's too bad that they're gettting toned down a bit. And that's coming from someone who has like 70 medic stars and only 10 each for the other 3 classes in BF4. I will still main medic though in BF1.

ultrazilla

While EA takes a lot of heat from gamers(most of it well deserved), their EA Access service is awesome.

For only $5 I was able to gain 10 hours to BF1(and find out my computer will run the game quite well!) and also get access to some pretty epic games(most of them giving you the definitive versions with all the DLC!)

The operations game mode is God tier!

Unraveled, the new Need for Speed, Titanfall, basically the entire Battlefield series-full games and all their DLC, CRYSIS 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 and many others!

Imho this is the best deal in gaming a gamer can get right now.

Can't wait to dive into more BF1 this weekend and EA, thanks for making Access affordable and awesome!

wait, can you buy a month of origin early access? i want to try the game out before a possible purchase, also can the campaign be played on early access?

you get 10 hours with limited access to multiplayer and only a few single player levels. I haven't bothered to play because I'd rather just play the whole thing on release. What I did see looks fun.

tav7623

Wtf?

- Consoles sitting on towels.

- Sticker just left on the console.

- Games not in cases just stacked on each other.

People are weird.

Yeah usually I'm a bit cleaner than that (way cleaner, I usually keep all my games in a DVD book) but I've had a crazy busy week (I currently work 2 jobs) and with getting Gears 4 and then this game in such a short span I honestly really hadn't had time to clean it up.

Players not going for objectives on Xbox is infuriating. I imagine it will be better when I can play with friends, but I shouldn't have to go in with a full party just to get a win. Think I've played ~12 games and have won three so far. This sucks.

The Stealth Fox

Is it me or is it harder to be a offensive ground pounder (assault/medic/support) who focuses on capping points more than BF4? I die a lot more and I don't think I've had a single round with a >1 KDR yet. The game does heavily favor sitting back and being a sniper in terms of getting kills, since vehicles are incredibly limited. Good thing kills are basically worth nothing in terms of score and the game rewards more in terms of capping points.

Rur0ni

The semi rifles in this game are pretty easy to use. Most people just seem to be using the Rigotti, it's extremely spammable and has very little recoil. You can also just go full auto with the M1907. Then you have the Mondragón, which is just a beast.
Pretty sure I've been killed by the Rigotti more than anything else, so I'm not surprised it has those attributes.

I'll stick to my bolt action infantry rifles. So satisfying.

Kal

there is a physical version that you could pre-order online, I personally got mine through Best Buy.com and it was originally slated to arrive Monday, but I guess they goofed up and sent it early.

I don't think this is available in the UK.

Pretty sure I've been killed by the Rigotti more than anything else, so I'm not surprised it has those attributes.

I'll stick to my bolt action infantry rifles. So satisfying.

Yeah, I’ve been killed by it more than any other weapon. I was like why is everyone using this? So I unlocked it and I was like ah that’s why, lol.

GravyButt

Haven't gotten to play too much and sadly can't hop on xb1 to check but saw some guy on YouTube say they added a wrench to the medic class, is that true?

If true, what purpose would that really serve since the vehicles self heal? Im sure youd heal them quicker but id assume it take up a slot and youd have to be out of the vehicle to use it (ie : not a passenger)

Rur0ni

Yeah, I’ve been killed by it more than any other weapon. I was like why is everyone using this? So I unlocked it and I was like ah that’s why, lol.
Going to be interesting finding the configuration I set myself on. I've almost used up my 10 hour trial. :(

Do the Battlefield 4 server are ranked ?
This could be a solution for to play only between actuals BF players, i have a good experience so far on PC but i am kind of scared about the PS4...

Top Bottom