• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 on PS4 Pro - Already improved framerate and resolution

so locked 1080p and a more stable FPS. Since the game was dynamic res in the first place, looks like they just essentially enabled the pro hardware to recognize the game without doing anything else, and the extra CPU and GPU power basically did the rest by default.

Its a barebones effort but its functional.

To be honest, this is all I wanted.

kriskrosbbk

people have already posted comparison shots and there's not a huge difference. can you take some pics that show the improvements that you are seeing?

I am not sure if screenshots will work here because I am talking about motion, movement and resolution ,but again.. CQ was unplayable for me,now it is a totally different story.Youtube ,streams or screenshots won't work ,you need to see it yourself.The resolution flick is also nowhere to be seen.Now it seems to work 1080p locked.

amardilo

Good news! Thanks for the post OP.

Battlefield games tend to be my most played games on the PS4 and I have a 1080p TV so it's good to read that it performs better on the PS4 Pro.

Lulu23

Played a couple rounds of Conquest Large and had a blast. I didn't notice a single resolution drop outside of the bug that drops it for a fraction of a second and the framerate in a 64 players match was comparable to Rush or occasionally 40p Operations on the OG PS4.

Overall, this is exactly what I had hoped for. I'm very happy to finally have a console Conquest Large experience that is very playable. I hope with some more time DICE can improve the visuals outside of res and fps a bit more.

kriskrosbbk

Played a couple rounds of Conquest Large and had a blast. I didn't notice a single resolution drop outside of the bug that drops it for a fraction of a second and the framerate in a 64 players match was comparable to Rush or occasionally 40p Operations on the OG PS4.

Overall, this is exactly what I had hoped for. I'm very happy to finally have a console Conquest Large experience that is very playable. I hope with some more time DICE can improve the visuals outside of res and fps a bit more.

This^

AU Tiger

The rule is:

Base performance 30fps, Pro can't go to 60, has to be 30.

Base performance targeting or at 60fps, Pro can be 60fps, targeted or capped/locked.

Resolution isn't included. Frame pacing issues aren't included.

So basically those of us wanting a smooth bloodborne experience on the Pro are just SOL?

dano1

A Sheep
I just played my first match on CQ on the PS4 PRO. I have 90 hrs on BF1 so trust me I know very well how it looks on PS4OG(i was literally avoiding CQ because of its performance) .It is totally different game on the new console,both resolution and framerate wise.I did not trust anyone until I saw it with my own eyes.I don't know if it is 1.02 patch or the PRO itself(doubtly) but this game looks gorgeous now.This is for the people that wait for their consoles still.You are in for a ride.

👍

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I just played my first match on CQ on the PS4 PRO. I have 90 hrs on BF1 so trust me I know very well how it looks on PS4OG(i was literally avoiding CQ because of its performance) .It is totally different game on the new console,both resolution and framerate wise.I did not trust anyone until I saw it with my own eyes.I don't know if it is 1.02 patch or the PRO itself(doubtly) but this game looks gorgeous now.This is for the people that wait for their consoles still.You are in for a ride.

How about a .PNG screenshot ? :3

Multiplayer is probably nearly impossible to do A/B testing on, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

In this case they don't need a perfect match to study.

Every Multi-player match shows a better framerate on PS4 Pro.

Coming from the original Conquest running at 40-50 it might be easy to spot better results.

Seems like Battlefield 1 was already patched.
Framerate feels much smoother now, when playing with 64 players. It doesn't look like absolutely locked 60fps, but it's much much better.
The resolution bug seems to be gone, as I haven't experienced it a single time on my pro. It looks like it stays on 1080p all the time, instead of the dynamic resolution.
Looks cleaner and easier on the eyes.
Other users here reporting the same.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=223887501

Will wait for Digital Foundry to confirm this! DF where are you with your tech analysis when we need you the most!

dano1

A Sheep
Well if this doesn't have the pro patch yet I'm going to be so happy!!

Because there is a noticeable difference in frame rate and sharpness!!
Well worth the $400!!

Ozorov

No increased graphical fidelity like adding SSR on the weapons etc?

By the looks of it they haven't improved "anything", yet. Just added the additional power from Pro running on the Base game so to speak. So higher resolution overall and better framerate.

Ozorov

Guys, It's patched. Sony required everyone to have their patches ready in fucking October.

Yes it's patched, was probably in the main game. But the questions is more; Is this the Pro-patch we'll get or just a placeholder? I personally was hoping for more from dice.

Dovahking

Pretty ridiculous how silent DICE has been with this.

Agreed.

962.gif

I still don't understand what's going on in this thread.

- Pro enhancements were announced to be included in the November update
- The November update has not dropped yet
- If anything, the game currently runs the very same resolution target and assets on the Pro
- Further enhancements will follow

Ozorov

I still don't understand what's going on in this thread.

- Pro enhancements were announced to be included in the November update
- The November update has not dropped yet
- If anything, the game currently runs the very same resolution target and assets on the Pro
- Further enhancements will follow

Do you have a source on that?

Better on XB1 by a fair bit according to DF, the CPU lets the PS4 down here.

A 30% CPU bump and a beefier GPU should guide it closer to 60FPS but I wouldn't expect stable.

Please re-watch their analysis. At no point did they say it was better "by a fair bit" nor did fps analysis show anything to back that up. They are near identical during heavy battles with a delta of 2-4 fps, even when the PS4 is rendering at 1080p (most of the time) and XB1 at 720p.

Are my eyes deceiving me or does operations mode runs at a near flawless 60fps on the Pro? And the resolution seems much better as well.

I like how the thing hasn't even been out a week and it's already been accepted that vanilla ps4 games are just going to run like ass from now on.

Visually i dont think the game is different at all but i did notice the game is not a laggy in spots which could be down to different network adapter as psn downloads and speeds seem up on my old ps4

Maybe this is what everyone is noticing

Ozorov

Visually i dont think the game is different at all but i did notice the game is not a laggy in spots which could be down to different network adapter as psn downloads and speeds seem up on my old ps4

Maybe this is what everyone is noticing

The frame rate is smoother with the Pro

Gamezone

Gold Member
Shouldn't all games act better on the Pro without patches? I mean, you don't need to patch a PC games after improving the hardware. Games will still run better there.

mandiller

Here are some PNGs of multiplayer captured from the Pro on the latest patch. I bought the game with my Pro, so no idea what it used to look like to compare it with the regular version, but this is how it looks right now on the Pro.

(Linking because of big filesize)

PNG 1

PNG 2

PNG 3

Top Bottom