• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 on PS4 Pro - Already improved framerate and resolution

Shouldn't all games act better on the Pro without patches? I mean, you don't need to patch a PC games after improving the hardware. Games will still run better there.
No to ensure compatibility the CPU downclocks to OG speeds and the GPU shuts off the new CUs. No patch, no gain

Rey

Visually i dont think the game is different at all but i did notice the game is not a laggy in spots which could be down to different network adapter as psn downloads and speeds seem up on my old ps4

Maybe this is what everyone is noticing

Im with you, I don't see any difference either.

vrln

Neo Member
I don´t think the patch is live yet... I would expect the game to jump from current PC medium settings to high/ultra along with a clear improvement in image quality. Perhaps they already unlocked the higher CPU clock though, who knows?

The less glitchy 64 player multiplayer may be due to the new WiFi card which seems a lot better than the previous one.

Kuno

I just played my first match on the pro (Conquest on Amiens), and it looks way, WAY better then on OG PS4. Anyone that tells you this is still running at 1080p is wrong. Image quality is much improved as is the framerate.

Really satisfied with my purchase after playing BF1.

-hadouken

But it has already launched and the game is definitely not running at 4K. So treat those PR accounts with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying it's running in 4K (I didn't make claims about resolution during my first impressions prior to launch) but it feels sharper. The official BF twitter is confirming that the game is utilising the Pro. Considering the NDA, this info would not have been broadcast without proper consideration.

0AtE3dM.png

Glad to see others experiencing the upgrade in performance. Hopefully 1.03 gets us a little closer to a consistent 60.

The less glitchy 64 player multiplayer may be due to the new WiFi card which seems a lot better than the previous one.
Hah! People use Wifi for multiplayer gaming?

The menus don't lag anymore. When ads (gun dof off) I'm sure I can see more details, the knurling on some of the hammers on the handguns is really clear. The distinguished skin on my gwehr is much more detailed now. Pop in has gone too. Only had a couple of games so far

Ozorov

I'm not saying it's running in 4K (I didn't make claims about resolution during my first impressions prior to launch). The official BF twitter is confirming that the game is utilising the Pro. Considering the NDA, this info would not have been broadcast without proper consideration.

Glad to see others experiencing the upgrade in performance. Hopefully 1.03 gets us a little closer to a consistent 60.

As people in this thread have said before and after seeing THIS tweet I think the BF1 on Pro right now is just running on the base game without a "Pro-patch" and just utilizing/unlocked the better CPU/GPU. So maybe a proper patch will come in november then.

Played a round and didn't see a differemce and the load times didn't change either.(wel that's to be expected somewhat as I'm using the identical HDD)

As people in this thread have said before and after seeing THIS tweet I think the BF1 on Pro right now is just running on the base game without a "Pro-patch" and just utilizing/unlocked the better CPU/GPU. So maybe a proper patch will come in november then.

yeah, i'm really disappointed in this. i expected dice to melt our faces with bf1 on pro more than anyone else...

-hadouken

yeah, i'm really disappointed in this. i expected dice to melt our faces with bf1 on pro more than anyone else...
The game is already beautiful - the boost in 64 player performance is a great start, and we have the November patch to look forward to (including HDR). Give 'em some time...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I honestly wasn't expecting too much more than this aside from SSR and maybe some improved effects. Will be interesting to see if there's more on the way.

Very glad performance is better though

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So I'm playing a match of 64 player operations on iron walls.

This map usually destroys resolution for a majority of the match and framerate as well.

Running smooth and the game looks crisp as hell. (Definitely not above 1080 though)

If the patch is yet to come then this is fantastic news, as the game is already a night and day difference thus far.

DF can we get a quick and dirty analysis of a 64 player match please?

Just played a round of Conquest on Monte Grappa. Holy shit, you guys weren't being placebo'd. It looks noticeably less aliased and runs sooooooo much better!

Shiiit. BF1 runs ALOT better. Not locked, but who expected that.

Yep, I just tested it out. Still drops, especially on the bigger modes but the baseline FPS improvement makes it run so much better.

I'd actually consider this a 60FPS MP game now as opposed to the variable mess on the base console.

Astrates

I really wish Sony and Devs would coherently tell us when enhancements were live and detail them.

Some have done this well but it's so inconsistent across the board, starting to find it infuriating.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just played a round of Conquest on Monte Grappa. Holy shit, you guys weren't being placebo'd. It looks noticeably less aliased and runs sooooooo much better!

Yeah Monte Grappa was a killer on framerate and res. Now it's smooth as hell and the resolution is near locked.

If this really is just a stopgap where they enabled the GpU and CPU instead of disabling them, and the actual patch is yet to come, then we are in for a treat.

Also makes me hope they go back and unlock it for BF4, and maybe give us a resolution boost as well. If Amy game could use a resolution/IQ bump, it's BF4. And that game is still hella fun to play, with a huge community, and Dice is still providing support.

Do it.

Yeah, look at this tweet: https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/796801456128954368

So this confirms we have no patch now or what?

What kind of bullshit is this? I interpret this as there being a patch upcoming. Would be shady as fuck if their marketing deal with Microsoft is the reason for all this secrecy.

I'm assuming there is a major patch coming because they would look like tools if they announced that everything was already in the game after these cryptic messages.

edit* It has to be more than just HDR coming. That is nothing worth being secretive about. The base PS4 can use that.

Do I need to change any settings to get the effect or just play the game on the pro and it's automatic?

What an absolute shit show this is.

EA keeping patch notes from customers to honor a marketing agreement? Pathetic.

Some people spent £350 on this console to play Battlefield 1 and find themselves fucked over.

Good job EA, good fucking job, smh.

-hadouken

If Amy game could use a resolution/IQ bump, it's BF4. And that game is still hella fun to play, with a huge community.
Totally! BF4 provides things that BF1 can't - they're complimentary. Some people will only play contemporary warfare games, so it may make sense to encourage them to stay within the BF ecosystem.
Don't tell anyone, tho I'd pay full price for a patch... :p

What an absolute shit show this is.

EA keeping patch notes from customers to honor a marketing agreement? Pathetic.

Some people spent £350 on this console to play Battlefield 1 and find themselves fucked over.

Good job EA, good fucking job, smh.

Yeah this is a new low as far as I'm concerned. Dice/EA can fuck off.

I can't believe an NDA would stop them saying how this improves the game, if that's true the industry is even more retarded than I thought it was.

I could believe it. Because announcing it will support it/get a patch is different from openly highlighting how much better it is on the Pro than on the system it has the marketing deal with.

Am i gone crazy? That tweet doesn't say the game has been patched yet, at least not fully

"We will share details on this once we are ready to share them. In the meantime, we hope you're having fun out there."

Am i gone crazy? That tweet doesn't say the game has been patched yet, at least not fully

"We will share details on this once we are ready to share them. In the meantime, we hope you're having fun out there."

Doesn't have to. The game definitely has some level of Pro support given the massive difference in FPS which isn't otherwise possible on Pro without a patch.

Doesn't have to. The game definitely has some level of Pro support given the massive difference in FPS which isn't otherwise possible on Pro without a patch.

When has the last patch dropped? Maybe they did the minimum for launch, but there has to be a changelog that tells you whether PS4 Pro is supported!

majik13

On my regular HD set it does feel like native 1080P - tho the occasional dynamic res blip maybe indicates something different.

are you talking about these images or BF1 on OG PS4? DF and other tech analysis say its max res on PS4 is 1000P

Top Bottom