• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 | Open Beta | Early Access 6-7 Oct | General Availability 8-9 Oct

Mr.ODST

I'm going to assume that I could just pre-order on steam (for early beta access) and if I don't enjoy the gameplay I could just refund, right?

(I'm off work this week and 4 days of Battlefield could be very sexy)
On the page it says to request access to play Open Beta ... just click Request and I got accepted in 1 second.

MiguelItUp

PC beta is broken. Says you need to pre-order or be EA Play. I have EA Play through GamePass.
Yeah, apparently it can be found A-OK through Origin, but EA Play is borked, lmao. I installed EA Play and uninstalled Origin as soon as I could. But I just checked when I logged in Origin via their site, and everything showed up in my Games Library as intended. Hopefully they get it squared away soonly.

ManaByte

Yeah, apparently it can be found A-OK through Origin, but EA Play is borked, lmao. I installed EA Play and uninstalled Origin as soon as I could. But I just checked when I logged in Origin via their site, and everything showed up in my Games Library as intended. Hopefully they get it squared away soonly.

No. I installed it fine via EA Play. When you launch the game it won't let you play. It says you have to pre-order to be a member of EA Play.

ManaByte

do i need to install origin if i want to get it through Steam?

I believe so.

the lord of the rings GIF

DonJorginho

Banned
Being dirt poor this month I will humbly just ask in case you have one more? Sweden and PC or PlayStation.
I've had no luck with EU Codes atm sadly, still waiting on the two UK codes from Amazon, if anything changes you'll be the first to know dude!

MiguelItUp

No. I installed it fine via EA Play. When you launch the game it won't let you play. It says you have to pre-order to be a member of EA Play.
Ah yes, that as well. I was just referring to it not appearing as it should for those that have preordered it, or are Game Pass members. At the moment the predownload just appears as it does for everyone else that doesn't have "Early Access." Hence the "Ay you should preorder this."

I'm sure it'll be fixed by tomorrow, but it's still lol.

Man, I hope this is good. Ugh.

JMZ555

I pre-ordered on Amazon last night but no code yet. Does it matter where i pre-load? Origin, steam etc? or does the code work on both?

I pre-ordered on Amazon last night but no code yet. Does it matter where i pre-load? Origin, steam etc? or does the code work on both?
amazon might have a delay before they send the code out. you used to be able to pre order games to get instant code and cancel.

if you've ordered from amazon then it's likely you'll need to use origin. i don't think amazon would sell a steam key for the game.

HTK

Banned
Just wait until Friday.

Been playing Battlefield since Bad Company, haven't been disappointed in one yet(didn't play V).

BF4 is my most played game on PS4, that had a really rough start but my god was it amazing after all the patches and DLC. After playing Vanguard and Halo beta's I really need BF2042 to deliver.

Starfield

when will the beta go live? Im in the menus already but it says i need to preorder the game (which i already done)

[Sigma]

Been downloading the PS5 version. Once that's finished, i'll download the PS4 version as well.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I have it pre-loaded on PS5. Since I'll be busy this weekend, I can only play on the early beta access days oddly enough.

nah i mean is there a specific time

General access to the open beta will begin on October 8 at 12am PDT / 3am EDT / 8am BST on all platforms, and concludes on October 9. If you’ve pre-ordered the game, or you’re a member of the EA Play subscription service, you’ll be able to get in starting October 6 at 12am PDT / 3am EDT / 8am BST.

manfestival

I want to play the beta to determine if I want to buy the game but they want me to buy the game to try the beta.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF
This is just early access. Almost every company these days are doing this as a preorder benefit. There is still the open beta that you can wait for without preordering the game and you can get the same experience there. I did this recently with COD Vanguard and Diablo 2 Resurrected.

Death Atlas

Neo Member
If anyone happens to have a code they'd like to share, I'd truly appreciate it. I tend to steer clear of pre-ordering games, despite being extremely excited for this game.
I play on PC if that's relevant.

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

how are you guys getting the download to work? i have gpu and found the beta on xbox store but won’t let me download?

nvm found it

Last edited:
Top Bottom