• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 | Open Beta | Early Access 6-7 Oct | General Availability 8-9 Oct

Ryder

Person from dice said the build is a few months old as the wanted to beta to be more stable.

So it might look better at release

SpokkX

Finally got into a match on Series X.

On first glance, not too impressed graphically. Looks like a sharper/cleaner BF4(less jaggies).
I thought the exaxt opposite on Series X... it was impressive as hell imo

• no loading
  • super smooth framerate (granted I have VRR)
  • damn impressive scale
  • great phyisics
  • weather going from sunny to total storm is mindblowing

this was not even on my radar - will now buy it for sure

Well I got in on ps5
Doesn’t look next gen at all
Laggy as fuck
The attachments don’t seem to be working
Ttk you might as well boil a kettle while u fire

Xbox version won’t even connect….:)

But it's not supposed to look next gen no, it's a cross gen and supposed to look like a very polished cross gen game. Imagine you're playing a more polished version of BF4 and that's what most of us wanted no from a cross gen modern day bf game

PsyEd

Xbox version won’t even connect….:)
For me it's the other way around...Ps5 doesn't connect and XsX did....everything is like bland. Yeah everything is huge...but also empty and dull. But must say love the on the fly weapon modding...the only thing that stood out in the demo.

I had two matches and I was like hmm how am I this good....ohh they were all AI's...and I think I only killed one real player. Anyway I hope they extend the demo through the weekend and I get to see more players than taking bots out.

But it's not supposed to look next gen no, it's a cross gen and supposed to look like a very polished cross gen game. Imagine you're playing a more polished version of BF4 and that's what most of us wanted no from a cross gen modern day bf game
BF4 on ps4 was cross gen but it looked next gen compared to ps3/x360 version

anthony2690

Gold Member
I might refund this on Xbox.

On series X, it looks visually amazing. (Minus the weird shadow flashing or whatever on one part of the map)
& Runs buttery smooth.

But there is so much down time between actual action.

Like I have a long life where I get quite a few kills, it just doesn't feel satisfying.

All I can think about is how much more fun I was having in halo infinite.

& BF2042 was the multiplayer game I was most looking forward too.

I'll put more time in, and try it with friends later, maybe that might change my mind. (I hope)

But I feel halo is going to take all my MP time up...

Last edited:

Winter John

Played some. Yeah, it's Battlefield alright. Terrible weapon handling. Movement is well, whatever that is. Worthless snipers everywhere. Helicopter princesses throwing tantrums. Oh and now they've added bots. That's just fuckin great. Nothing more exciting than killing a bot. I was wonderin why Dice decided to throw them in, then I saw these maps can have 128 players and it all made sense. The only time this game's gonna have 128 players on a map is going to be during the open beta. I know the first thing the defenders will shriek is Crossplay, Crossplay. How long you think the console players are going to keep that on for when they're getting their asses handed to them from the pc crowd? 1 match, 2 matches?

Bottlefield 2042.

Leyasu

Banned
How do you bring up the scoreboard?

I am quite liking this. Could be a digital preorder for me after the beta. We’ll see

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Like I have a long life where I get quite a few kills, it just doesn't feel satisfying.

All I can think about is how much more fun I was having in halo infinite.

Same here, Halo's test flight ended just a few days ago and I already miss it, despite some design choices I don't really like, the non-stop ongoing action is what MP is all about for me, whereas in BF it was already a borefest for quite some time, but now with even larger maps it wasn't hard to guess things will only get worse.

[Sigma]

The map is so big and boring despite the 128 player count. They need to decrease map size or make it 256 players.

Also does the TTK feel too long for anyone else?
The map size vs player count is really the main reason why im trying out the ps4 version. I want to see how that's handled on that map.

Last edited:
There is no server browser or option to choose a region on PC. Bugs/glitches. Fucking disgrace to have no server browser option on pc. 350 ping is not fun at all.
No gender fluidity option, my 'male' characters war screams and pain screams should alternate between male/female and a fluid hybrid option. 4/10

anthony2690

Gold Member
Same here, Halo's test flight ended just a few days ago and I already miss it, despite some design choices I don't really like, the non-stop ongoing action is what MP is all about for me, whereas in BF it was already a borefest for quite some time, but now with even larger maps it wasn't hard to guess things will only get worse.
Yeah, halo big team battle is non stop action and non stop fun!
I'm hoping with more time on battlefield, with friends later on, I'll start to enjoy it more.

But all I can think about is how much fun I had on halo, I also miss it too!

BF4 on ps4 was cross gen but it looked next gen compared to ps3/x360 version
Yeah ..graphics are underwhelming. This gen has had a lot of games that should be looking better considering how much more powerful the ps5/series x "should be" yet game after game feels compromised in one area or another. That comparison to bf4 is very apt, just like many games from the previous gen felt like true generational leaps despite being cross gen. We're not getting that so far with ps5/series x.

FUBARx89

-What the actual fuck are them helicopter controls?
-Graphic glitches like screen turning white and flickering fast
-Attachments are borked and always reseting.
-Wierd glitch in tanks turning the barrel in FP mode.
-AI are lol
-I'm either super dense or there's no way to change zoning on snipers
-Feels like Warzone, not Battlefield.

Looks pretty enough though.

Last edited:

JackSparr0w

Banned
Where did all that performance go? Game looks slightly worse than BF V while performance is less than half on my 3080.

Feels like any other battlefield to me. Much more excited for Halo Infinite.

[Sigma]

-What the actual fuck are them helicopter controls?
-Graphic glitches like screen turning white and flickering fast
-Attachments are borked and always reseting.
-Wierd glitch in tanks turning the barrel in FP mode.
-AI are lol
-I'm either super dense or there's no way to change zoning on snipers
-Feels like Warzone, not Battlefield.

Looks pretty enough though.
Amen

Anyone figure out how to switch the countermeasures button I can’t find the key bind anywhere.

Also is it possible to switch squads?

BlackM1st

Banned
I thought the exaxt opposite on Series X... it was impressive as hell imo

• no loading
  • super smooth framerate (granted I have VRR)
  • damn impressive scale
  • great phyisics
  • weather going from sunny to total storm is mindblowing

this was not even on my radar - will now buy it for sure
PS4 gen game in HD. Such wow.

Last proper BF - BF4 was a PS3 gen game too. Damn EA.

Mr.ODST

Happy its like Battlefield 4 again,

Runs and looks ok on Series S

Not sure, so far Halo is the only MP Shooter that is worth it, this might be but need to see other maps, enjoying it though

Cod mw 2019 gunplay was the best , the guns and kills had weight , the gunplay In this feels so dated , there is no recoil , there is no weight to the guns , everything just feels like from 10 15 years ago

Running above 60 with a Ryzen 5 3600 and a RX5700XT with a B450 chipset. Defaulted to high settings. 1080p.

For any of wondering how to change attachments on ps5..
Hold L1 and change with Square, Triangle etc buttons.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Coming from Hell Let Loose, this just feels like it's missing something, some oompf!

BF is my favourite franchise and I'm a bit let down by this TBH.

Reactions: GHG
Top Bottom