• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 | Open Beta | Early Access 6-7 Oct | General Availability 8-9 Oct

I can't get it to work on PS5 at all. Just tells me to preorder or join EA Play which I've already done (EA Play).

PC worked pretty well but as somebody that has a RX580 and a 1440p monitor I'm stuck at Low settings/45-55fps.

GHG

Gold Member
Why is everything so shiny and saturated? It looks awful.

The game itself I don't think is great either but that's to be expected from a modern Battlefield title.

No thanks, going back to playing Hell Let Loose.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
frozen anna sleeping GIF

Fake

I was shocked that no one here talks about it. Is this a problem with the latest Frostbite engine prior to BF5?

BF3 was so good in controlling color saturation. Maybe making appealing for Fortnite players?

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member

Yeh not everyone has ADHD. I'm good.

I was shocked that no one here talks about it. Is this a problem with the latest Frostbite engine prior to BF5?

BF3 was so good in controlling color saturation. Maybe making appealing for Fortnite players?

Honestly, including the art style a lot of the design choices seem to be chasing the COD/Fortnite crowd.

I'm seeing people grapple hook and slide all over the place... In a Battlefield game. It's really not what it used to be.

Last edited:

kiryani

How did the dev team do an interview saying people want Bad Company, but they’re not sure what the magic of Bad Company is, then go on to make a game which is 95% static buildings, and a few warehouses with destructible panels acting as walls? 🧠

Filben

Another "beta" a month before launch. Why can't we have it called a demo and not limited to a few days?

I think EA should pay people playing a beta :)

Fake

Honestly, including the art style a lot of the design choices seem to be chasing the COD/Fortnite crowd.

I'm seeing people grapple hook and slide all over the place... In a Battlefield game. It's really not what it used to be.

Nothing against grapple hook and slide (CoD Advanced/Infinite), but CoD MW reboot never get that level of colorful shit.

Javthusiast

Banned
Looks like a ps4 game, jank everywhere, more running than anything else, abysmal flight controlls. Yeah, this beta made me not wanting to pay full price at launch like I planned. Will get it for cheap months later.

Halo will be my holiday shooter.

vlaktron

Neo Member
Anyone else still waiting on a beta code from amazon? Were supposed to get a separate email with the code, right?

tmlDan

Looks like a ps4 game, jank everywhere, more running than anything else, abysmal flight controlls. Yeah, this beta made me not wanting to pay full price at launch like I planned. Will get it for cheap months later.

Halo will be my holiday shooter.
how can i ever take you seriously anymore, this is it, im done lol

manfestival

I find it hilarious that people expect any battlefield game to be released in a good state. It is almost like they have not paid attention to any battlefield news since the SECOND game ever

Newari

Some insane frame time variations.
JjnKL0Z.png

60fps limit (shows as the lower limit in frame times) also tried unlimited and the game ran at 90+ FPS average but with similar frame time spiking
3440x1440 High
RTX 3080
R9 5950X
32GB RAM
Game on an SSD

The game itself I don't think is great either but that's to be expected from a modern Battlefield title.

My theory is they do it so that colors are so saturated that no specific color stands out too much, so you can buy/use any skin you want without being at an advantage or disadvantage.

• Thoughtful

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Game ran a little sporadic initially.

My HW
5900x
64gb RAM
W11

It gets into the upper 90s but drops are harsh. I turned down a few settings as I'm running in 4k. Dynamic resolution scaling helps and found that turning down most of the settings helps smooth out performance.

Game itself is really fun (to me). Hectic and the higher player counts do a lot. Felt like a battlefield you see in those trailers. Action is constant and players are everywhere. I dig it a lot.

No DLSS option sucks though. I feel like I can max this out above 60 but the frame spikes are really bad so concessions have to be made.

I was on it this morning as soon as it opened, was running smooth on ps5...but noticed by 11am it was getting laggy....right now its a joke, lagging like mad. Guess there's too many people logged in now.

R6Rider

Gold Member
They should have included the Breakthrough mode for the Beta too. Hoping I get a tornado at least once in the two days I have to play.

The LCMG melts people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom