• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 | Open Beta | Early Access 6-7 Oct | General Availability 8-9 Oct

TheContact

my preload date still says nov 10th, not sure what i'm doing wrong

edit: had to use this link and click 'try it first' then it added the beta.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
I downloaded it on Origin but does that mean I can play tomorrow as someone who didn't pre-order?

DonJorginho

Banned
Im less optimistic about this game now, zero showing up until this beta now and that's a month before game releases.
Been chasing up info on your code, here's latest I've got, hope this is okay mate sorry for the delay! as soon as I get the codes I'll take my break at work and send em over.

from Amazon rep

Yes, you will receive two per email. It is taking slightly longer than usual however my resources do guarantee that the Beta codes will be sent before 8am tomorrow

TheContact

I downloaded it on Origin but does that mean I can play tomorrow as someone who didn't pre-order?

from the FAQ
Pre-load begins on October 5 (at 07:00 UTC on all platforms), but not everyone will be able to access the Open Beta at the same time. Early access is available October 6–7 (start playing at 07:00 UTC all platforms on 10/06) for anyone who has pre-ordered Battlefield 2042 or is an EA Play member. General access begins on October 8 (at 07:00 UTC on all platforms), at which point anyone can join the fight.

also, the install is just over 18GB on PC at least

Mr.ODST

Been chasing up info on your code, here's latest I've got, hope this is okay mate sorry for the delay! as soon as I get the codes I'll take my break at work and send em over.

from Amazon rep

Yes, you will receive two per email. It is taking slightly longer than usual however my resources do guarantee that the Beta codes will be sent before 8am tomorrow
No worries its fine :) just asked someone in the industry and they got me one, give it to someone :D <3

Thanks though its appreciated

So place your bets

The following will happen..or all will happen
1) The beta servers will be overloaded and you wont be able to join a game for 2 days
2) when you do get into the game the game will have major technical issues (bugs/glitches)
3) From a gameplay perspective a large group of vocal people will be bitching why its not like bf4 and simply feels like BFV with updated guns/maps
4) They delay the game until next year

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So place your bets

1) The beta servers will be overloaded and you wont be able to join a game for 2 days
2) when you do get into the game the game will have major technical issues (bugs/glitches)
3) From a gameplay perspective a large group of vocal people will be bitching why its not like bf4 and simply feels like BFV with updated guns/maps
remake bingo GIF

Inviusx

So place your bets

You forgot:

5. The official Battlefield twitter account will put out an apology assuring everyone they will "do better"

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Wait If I download the game on Steam does it launch Origin when I try to play it? I cant remember how that works.

So place your bets

My memory is not great but can roughly recall on PC platform BF3, BF4 & BF5 all were riddled with bugs/glitches in beta and upon launch. Can't recall BFBC2 beta state.
BF1 was the most polished less broken mp game upon release.
Anyone else have better recollection?

Edit: I predict beta and launch will be broken and buggy as usual but with no SP campaign there will be excuses.

Last edited:

Droxcy

Good thing I'm starting my gym plan at 3 am sharp tomorrow morning looks like I'm getting some Beta time in before work! **If the servers work**

[Sigma]

Of course it's not working on time lol. The option tab looks like a mess that I got to sort out. Don't get me wrong, I like that I have all those options though.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie... I expected a lot more graphics wise (on ps5). Buts hella fun. The gadgets n all are a ton of fun to experiment with.
A Ryzen 5 should handle this game just fine.

Top Bottom