• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 | Open Beta | Early Access 6-7 Oct | General Availability 8-9 Oct

cormack12

Gold Member
V9TZks.jpg

xlbnz5.jpg

Mr.ODST

Im less optimistic about this game now, zero showing up until this beta now and that's a month before game releases.

ABnormal

I have preordered in the store the gold edition (which should give the early access), but starting the beta I receive the same message that says that I need to preorder, to get the early access.
Is there a code that I have to redeem somewhere?

cormack12

Gold Member
I have preordered in the store the gold edition (which should give the early access), but starting the beta I receive the same message that says that I need to preorder, to get the early access.

Probably a generic message until it starts tomorrow.

Mr.ODST

Think its the servers doing multiple checks and just comes up with that, they probs will add the "preorder" open beta code when the servers are up

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
After how shitty the Vanguard beta was, I'm actually hyped up for the 2042 beta and I'm not even a BF gamer. But I'm itching for some MP this year. I just hope it's way better than the alpha version videos we all saw a month ago.

If 2042 is good, I'll be doing 2042 MP + Halo offline bot mode.

I dont have Halo skills, nor do I see myself sinking enough time into it to be half decent. But who knows. If Halo SBMM is good, maybe I'll do online and play against other shitty Halo gamers.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Will give it a try obviously but seeing all the footage so far I'm not very optimistic, politely speaking. Looks like BF4 with larger maps, that's all.

splattered

So we can download now? I'm on series x and have pre-ordered ultimate edition, don't see how to download the beta yet??

splattered

It is on the store downloading now for Series X just search for Battlefield 2042 and the beta was in the search results

Yup thank you, I had it installed on two different drives and two different versions so had to do some cleanup ensuring i only had the series x version and then found the beta in the store to download. Also noticed there is a 9gb Xbox one version and 17gb series x version so people need to be sure they download the right one. Impossible to tell the difference looking at them side by side in the store.

Onikaan

I'm going to assume that I could just pre-order on steam (for early beta access) and if I don't enjoy the gameplay I could just refund, right?

(I'm off work this week and 4 days of Battlefield could be very sexy)

Last edited:
Top Bottom