• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

I haven't kept up with this thread in a while. Are most people getting the ps4 version for next gen?

Most of the 360 regulars are going PS4.
Most of the PS3 regulars are going PS4.
Those who aren't going to PS4 are going to PC/Current Gen.

People who are going to the One...aren't regulars in this thread.
(just stating a fact.)

Most of the 360 regulars are going PS4.
Most of the PS3 regulars are going PS4.
Those who aren't going to PS4 are going to PC/Current Gen.

People who are going to the One...aren't regulars in this thread.
(just stating a fact.)

Ok nice. I won a ps4 thru the taco bell contest and switched my preorder to ps4.

Killigath

Ok nice. I won a ps4 thru the taco bell contest and switched my preorder to ps4.

I'm no mathematician, but that would give you 2 PS4's. Did you mean you swapped your PS4 preorder to Xbone? I'd just buy some games instead. I know there's a thread about it, but that Target deal this week is looking sweet. Buy 2 get 1 free. Roll Tide.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm no mathematician, but that would give you 2 PS4's. Did you mean you swapped your PS4 preorder to Xbone? I'd just buy some games instead. I know there's a thread about it, but that Target deal this week is looking sweet. Buy 2 get 1 free. Roll Tide.
I think he meant that he switched his Battlefield 4 pre-order to a PS4 version.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
auto-healing when disabled

Just tested this while taking repair (which is on by default for the vehicles) off. It still auto-heals from a disable. Also dunno if it's bugged on the "test range" or not, but extinguisher which is supposed to quickly move you from disable back to "50" or so health... like one point over the disable to where you can function is bugged. It doesn't deploy on X/whatever on consoles in the test range at least not in the vehicles for me unless my keybinds have fucked up. Really weird and that's a pretty legit complaint you have there. No wonder I feel the RPG-7/etc. launchers on the engineer is useless versus tanks in one-on-one since you can disable them, they go behind cover to get out of your fire and then auto-heal off the disable instead of panicking and trying to take you out so they can repair.

Yeah, I would be interested to know why DICE thought it was a good idea to change it.

Also

iIvx87emQ5NHT.gif

Has this been fixed? Probably not.

TheSeks

Not as far as I'm aware of. Though I've heard complaints about RPG-7's connecting and not taking down the scout choppers but that's probably due to engineers being in the chopper repairing it.

olimpia84

Yeah, I would be interested to know why DICE thought it was a good idea to change it.

Also

iIvx87emQ5NHT.gif

Nope. I had a good chopper-hunting night yesterday and when the shot connects you only get a 'vehicle mobility' bonus. Only way to get a one shot kill is if the chopper is already damaged.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah. I'm not really sure what they're going for with the vehicle balance. Seemed like they pretty much nailed it toward the end of BF3 and for some reason they've completely thrown that out of the window.

TheSeks

Honestly my biggest issue is that a lone engineer isn't a threat to tanks. I can understand the QQ that people in the BF4 thread had when I said this due to tanks being "nerfed" or whatever by the numerous launcher options, but when I can connect my ENTIRE RPG payload/ammo into your tanks ass and only get mobility/disables and not a kill? Sorry, but that's bullshit.

Throw in that the disable auto-heals itself instead of burning? Yeah, the balance is fucked up.

Overdoziz

Banned
An RPG straight in the back of a tank does 55 damage. Doesn't seem too hard to take out a tank on your own. LAVs on the other hand only take 36 damage from the back which makes them a lot harder to take out as solo engineer.

An RPG straight in the back of a tank does 55 damage. Doesn't seem too hard to take out a tank on your own. LAVs on the other hand only take 36 damage from the back which makes them a lot harder to take out as solo engineer.
Are you accusing TheSeks of embellishing his story?

TheSeks

Maybe that's either. I just know the starting RPG homed in on the back and did no damage. It's horrible. The RPG-7 is just as bad this outing. It's driving me crazy and honestly 3 C4 is more reliable to scuttle a tank/LAV than rockets? That's crazy and needs to be fixed.

Overdoziz

Banned
The starting missile launcher (the LAW) does 21 damage (on both tank and LAV) no matter where you shoot from because the missile automatically hits the top of the vehicle.

I finished the campaign today and played four matches of multiplayer with no crashes.

Rush on Transmission is amazing. The maps all seem pretty great.

olimpia84

Op Locker is so much fun right now due to the fact that randoms don't know it's Op Metro 2.0
I wonder how long it's going to take before they realize that.

-Silver-

Why the fuck does Dice need to think that every time they make a new BF game they need to change the control set-up. Christ, the only thing left is for the start button to be the default shoot button. At this point in time the only useful thing I can do in a vehicle is be the gunner, that's pretty much the only skill "skill" that I can bring forward from the previous series.

I see there's a Op. Metro 2.0 map...

olimpia84

Why the fuck does Dice need to think that every time they make a new BF game they need to change the control set-up. Christ, the only thing left is for the start button to be the default shoot button. At this point in time the only useful thing I can do in a vehicle is be the gunner, that's pretty much the only skill "skill" that I can bring forward from the previous series.

I see there's a Op. Metro 2.0 map...

I've been bitching about this issue since the beta but apparently most people seem to be 'ok' with the changes and the fact that they do this shit every time a new BF game is released. Apparently there will be another control layout with the first patch that is more 'similar' to the BF3 layout so we'll see. The again, by the time the next patch is released I'll probably be fully familiar to the new controls....

I've been bitching about this issue since the beta but apparently most people seem to be 'ok' with the changes and the fact that they do this shit every time a new BF game is released. Apparently there will be another control layout with the first patch that is more 'similar' to the BF3 layout so we'll see. The again, by the time the next patch is released I'll probably be fully familiar to the new controls....

well, for me...

1) i always liked stick drive for vehicles, it being back is AMAZING, seriously, just ask seks :)
2) they've changed their layout. every. single. game. even 1943!!!
3) i'm used to switching control layouts between 360 and PS3
4) i mean even forward/revese on vehicles were swapped once in ps3/360 layouts
5) i've always said DICE needs to make a *FULL* config
6) gonna be another shitstorm on PS4 with triggers to shoot, oh boy!

TheSeks

6: Not anymore. DICE said they'd flip L/R2 to L/R1 as an option for players.

Flunkie

Banned
6: Not anymore. DICE said they'd flip L/R2 to L/R1 as an option for players.

woot

add me you fuckers

Origin is Flunkie4, PSN is Flunkie44, and I've finally found a chopper control scheme (veteran buttons and legacy southpaw) that isn't half-shit retarded

I have it on PS3 but the only one of you I've got on my list is TFM

woot

add me you fuckers

Origin is Flunkie4, PSN is Flunkie44, and I've finally found a chopper control scheme (veteran buttons and legacy southpaw) that isn't half-shit retarded

I have it on PS3 but the only one of you I've got on my list is TFM

Responded to your friend request, but I'm only getting bf4 on ps4 just fyi.

Ghazi

muthafuckas still play Battlefield 3 (on consoles)?

Damn, I miss playing with supper, even though I didn't do it that often. Does anyone still play on consoles anymore, or are you all pcbots now.

so anyway, who do i *not* have on my PSN friends list? i've been adding people i see playing with GAF that i didn't have space for with only 100...

It's probably for the best. LAV let some teams get away with murder and dominate a map if they were really good.

usually the team i was on :(

i was all about DAT VEHICLE/ANTI-VEHICLE in SDM.

so much fun!

TheSeks

usually the team i was on :(

i was all about DAT VEHICLE/ANTI-VEHICLE in SDM.

so much fun!

Don't get me wrong, I know what DICE was attempting to do with it (quick power gain) but given how the LAV role plays out in Battlefield? Just doesn't fit "deathmatch."

Too many grenades flying around to throw mines down, and even then takes too long to where you get shot before you can set them all up/if any.

Rockets could be useful but people too focused on getting kills (and rightly so since that's the name of the mode)

olimpia84

well, for me...

1) i always liked stick drive for vehicles, it being back is AMAZING, seriously, just ask seks :)
2) they've changed their layout. every. single. game. even 1943!!!
3) i'm used to switching control layouts between 360 and PS3
4) i mean even forward/revese on vehicles were swapped once in ps3/360 layouts
5) i've always said DICE needs to make a *FULL* config
6) gonna be another shitstorm on PS4 with triggers to shoot, oh boy!

Stick drive sucks. It's intuitive and easy to control for basic movement but once you're trying to reserve and turn your turret in tanks at the same times it becomes a nightmare because of the 'cut off point' between reverse and forward movement causing your turret to turn the wrong direction sometimes.

And I'm aware DICE changes the layout for every game but that doesn't mean it's the right thing. I'm already fairly well settled with the new controls (my stats so far are even better than those in BF3) but they need to stop doing this shit. If a month or two from now I decide to go back to BF3 or BC2 just 'for fun' I'm going to have a hell of a time readjusting to those controls. What's the fucking point in changing them for every game? Same goes with basic vehicle physics and the best example is the jet ski. They are fucking uncontrollable in BF4...why not keep the same feel as the ones from BC2? It's just a damn jet ski, what exactly do they gain by changing the physics? Waste of time if you ask me.

Stick drive sucks. It's intuitive and easy to control for basic movement but once you're trying to reserve and turn your turret in tanks at the same times it becomes a nightmare because of the 'cut off point' between reverse and forward movement causing your turret to turn the wrong direction sometimes.

And I'm aware DICE changes the layout for every game but that doesn't mean it's the right thing. I'm already fairly well settled with the new controls (my stats so far are even better than those in BF3) but they need to stop doing this shit. If a month or two from now I decide to go back to BF3 or BC2 just 'for fun' I'm going to have a hell of a time readjusting to those controls. What's the fucking point in changing them for every game? Same goes with basic vehicle physics and the best example is the jet ski. They are fucking uncontrollable in BF4...why not keep the same feel as the ones from BC2? It's just a damn jet ski, what exactly do they gain by changing the physics? Waste of time if you ask me.
yeah, the physics man, they change everything every game, all the damn vehicle physics, even the jeeps, quad bikes, rhib boats, EVERYTHING.

Top Bottom