• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Do my account too while you're at it.

Who says I have the PS3 version?

Is the server browser fucking broken for anyone else?

Ever server comes up empty. The only two in my history that show players are completely full.

This is pretty annoying. I can't try any other game types.

The betas and PC version final has been completely broke for me. Just do Matchmaking for right now.

olimpia84

Recon is beast in BF4 after you unlock most of the stuff. I'm running the spec ops package then using a carbine for my main weapon and add the versatility of choosing between tugs, motion sensors, radio beacons and C4....

TheSeks

If you got steel aim, slap a Marksmen Rifle on the class. Have the canted Iron Sights for Close-Quarters and a scope for sniping. Best of both worlds.

Or just use the cabrine and PDW's, whatever. :p

I really don't like that the motion mines don't ping like BC2. I never know if they're still active or not since I don't count the 42 seconds they're active.

The old-school BF3 kit items, meanwhile: GDLK. I'm so glad I did the 2XP grind to get those faster than normal. The medikit being so late is WTF DICE. :/

better than BC1 with laser guided bomb?

No, but you have C4, so: More balls, same win-button.

Afro

I may have missed it, but will there be a BF4 console community thread?

If anyone needs a dedicated Assault on PS4, I'm your guy. Hope I'm accepted into the cult. I just can't play with randoms.

Overdoziz

Banned
I may have missed it, but will there be a BF4 console community thread?

If anyone needs a dedicated Assault on PS4, I'm your guy. Hope I'm accepted into the cult. I just can't play with randoms.
Probably best to create one for when the next-gen versions are out.

TheSeks

*Nasally 12 year old voice* Proudnubz21: LASER THE HELICOPTER! LASER THE HELICOPTER! LASER THE HELICOPER!

Me: Fuck the helicopter, I'm already under their base/city, come help me arm.

BOOM. We push past and somehow later they take the helicopter out. This is after a two minute PDR lasing session before I said "fuck it, I'm pulling a Dream" and finished the round.

Also: Smoke grenades suck, they take a while to deploy the smoke. But eh... I guess they can have some tactical uses. The incendiary round meanwhile can be used for trolling purposes to remove disarms.

BOOM. We push past and somehow later they take the helicopter out. This is after a two minute PDR lasing session before I said "fuck it, I'm pulling a Dream" and finished the round.

sekoku:
Stole a helicopter and STILL lost. People on our team whining about the helicopter: Lesson #209345049043850348509348590384053890 of Rush: FUCK THE HELICOPTER. IT CAN'T DISARM.

Preach it, brother!

olimpia84

Played commander for a few rounds...it was boring since my team was doing well and there wasn't a need for it but I can see how it can become useful and perhaps even make a difference in close matches.

TheSeks

Played commander for a few rounds...it was boring since my team was doing well and there wasn't a need for it but I can see how it can become useful and perhaps even make a difference in close matches.

Just to note: Cruise Missile isn't a lock-on. You have to plan ahead in case the area clears since the missile has to travel to the spot you designate. Fired one today and missed a boat by a mile for not knowing that.

And the fun comes in when you have to EMP others missiles or wait paranoid that they're going to fire one.

And then command all your squad leaders (which will never happen) to attack/defend something and them acknowledging it so you pat them/their squad on the head by promoting/faster respawning them.

TheSeks

Man the BF4 thread is bumming me out hardcore, seems like nobody is enjoying the game.

Mostly because it's broken beyond repair right now on PC. Unless the PS4/720 versions fix a bunch of shit, I wouldn't buy it at the moment.

I've kinda dropped it right now because of the stupid crashing to desktop, crashing out of a server back to Battlelog to tell me the server is full (NO SHIT REALLY?) and numerous other issues in attempting to complete a game. Can I do it? Yeah but it's a crap-shoot in finding a server that is able to run a complete round right now.

Throw in no 2XP to fix DICE's stupid Battlepack unlocking system... and yeah...

Good game, terrible execution.

Overdoziz

Banned
In between the server disconnects, crashes and rubberbanding the game is still a lot of fun. Been playing on the EU GAF server with some GAFfers for the past couple of days and it's pretty great.

I rage-uninstalled it yesterday. When it runs it seems pretty great, but that's as much as I can say. I haven't been able play through an entire round since launch day.

If the PS4 version isn't tremendously improved I'm skipping it.

Overdoziz

Banned
I rage-uninstalled it yesterday. When it runs it seems pretty great, but that's as much as I can say. I haven't been able play through an entire round since launch day.

Well the current-gen console versions also lock up constantly so I have the feeling it won't be much better on next-gen.

also ur pc sux

burnfout

I took a week off work to play BF4 on PS4 after the EU launch :(

CoD:Ghosts ya'll! Make the switch!

-------

May not mean anything, but I was given a questionnaire today regarding publishers selling the single player and multiplayer components separately on AAA titles.

TheSeks

AMD. *LeoInceptionSquint.jpg*

And there is only three perks worth a damn in Ghost:

Stalker.
On the Go.
Ping-radar-after-killing-an-enemy.

That's it. Anything else is superfluous.

TheSeks

it's only freezing like once every 10 games for me!

It's not freezing for me, just kicking/crashing to desktop. I think I've only had one freeze in the past week. But I've kinda given up until the game sorts it's disconnection issues out. :/

It's not freezing for me, just kicking/crashing to desktop. I think I've only had one freeze in the past week. But I've kinda given up until the game sorts it's disconnection issues out. :/

same end result though...

i remember the 360 BF3 used to randomly drop you to the guide.. those were the days!

olimpia84

I hate how BF4 rewards mediocre players. You can stay in a corner during an entire match and even then finish with hundreds of points.

Killigath

I hate how BF4 rewards mediocre players. You can stay in a corner during an entire match and even then finish with hundreds of points.

Quiet! You're giving away all my secrets. Corner sitting can get infuriating for sure.

Cashing in on easy points is one reasons why I love Battlefield. I'm an average marksman, but give me objectives and all of a sudden I become a valuable asset to the team. Couldn't care less about K/D, just love playing with a good squad and winning. I suppose it helps that "I'm smarter than your average blueberry" (Yogi Bear).

Home stretch, y'all!

XN7gZOs.jpg

And not a single penny of mine :p

now only $160 more. 60 for BF4, 50 for Premium, and 50 for PS+

Heh
I'm not purchasing BF4/Premium until I see changes (which may be never) and PS+ is not something I'm interested in at the moment.

Hell, come to think of it, I am not dying to play a single game on the PS4... perhaps a PC build is in my future?

:p

PS+ is free for a month and you get a $10 PSN store credit with the PS4. Don't be an asshole. We don't need more than one AlmostMilk around here.

A bit more specific, please.

Everything

Same things I had issues with during the beta. Player movement, bullet spread and drop, the way vehicles handle, auto-healing when disabled, etc., etc......

PS+ is free for a month and you get a $10 PSN store credit with the PS4. Don't be an asshole. We don't need more than one AlmostMilk around here.

If I purchase BF4 it'll be after I hear praising from the people here who get it next week. Which seems unlikely.

TheSeks

Player movement is fine. I should test (is it even possible to have more than one person on that map?) in the test range the disable. I'd assume since repair is default as a perk on those vehicles that repair is breaking the disable mechanic. If it disables and burns without the repair skill... there you go?

Top Bottom