• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

I hate randoms

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/2/98654586/176193075/

We were losing during the first half due to the idiot teammates that dug deep in our base to snipe. No surprise when they triple capped us.

I managed to save and steal their chopper (pilot hit something that went boom). I cleared out and captured our base flag, flew to Alpha and captured it as well. It didn't take long for the enemy team to turn their attention on me. Eventually the elite recons in our deployment realized there was no one to shoot at and moved up to capture Bravo.

We now had them trapped. VICTORIOUS.

You in PS3GAF now?

Can't wait to play with a proper squad on PS4. It's fun on PC, but so far I've mostly been playing solo which is quite miserable. Playing with a commander is pretty fun though. Can give you a huge advantage.

Yep, I know where my new SPM-suicide is going to come from now.

Can you play and be the commander at the same time like BF2?
would be great for my dual monitor setup.

You in PS3GAF now?

PS3GAF never had these kind of epic tales

Can you play and be the commander at the same time like BF2?
would be great for my dual monitor setup.

Nah, one or the other according to DICE. You could create/use another account and purchase an extra copy of the game just for Commander, but I definitely feel a full-time Commander is needed to get the most out of it.

You've found the secret to Over's success.

Gotta slay before you play (the objective)

:|

-------

Anyone watching the BF4 Showdown today? XBone footage ya'll

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Orz...

SPM suicide here I come.

Commander isn't that good dude. It's just a good replacement to shitty recons.

Frankly, having two recons on the ground AND a commander to EMP the enemy commanders UAV spots would be more beneficial than a lone Commander.

Commander doesn't seem that good for Rush (since DICE didn't intend it there) or Obliteration (same), anyway. It seems to be a Conquest-only thing.

TheSeks

Without a chatbox I can't see commander being that great on console either.

Hahaha. I drove you insane yelling "IFV HERE. TANK THERE. SOMEONE GET THEM. TANKS! TANKS! TANNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Huh? :p

Chatbox? Can you not use a mic? JackFrags stated in a video that people using a tablet could speak into it's built-in mic to communicate. Why wouldn't they make it global on PCs and consoles?

Overdoziz

Banned
Chatbox? Can you not use a mic? JackFrags stated in a video that people using a tablet could speak into it's built-in mic to communicate. Why wouldn't they make it global on PCs and consoles?
I think you can talk to the squad leaders, but it's not the same as a chatbox which everyone on the team can see. I also think people generally are more inclined to type than talk.

TheSeks

PC does have mics, but I don't use that. And I dunno if tablets can connect to TeamSpeak which most people are using since I don't think they know that DICE has kinda-fixed the mic issues in-game from BF3.

Of course they have audio-bugs right now to where I guess TS is a better option.

Commander isn't that good dude. It's just a good replacement to shitty recons.

Frankly, having two recons on the ground AND a commander to EMP the enemy commanders UAV spots would be more beneficial than a lone Commander.

You know how I work.
I will do any (legit) thing possible to guarantee a win.
If that means spending all my time playing commander...I would do it.

TheSeks

I've forgotten how much I like BF3's score presentation. :(

(That out of bounds antics)

Now I can retire BF3

lrFJXkn.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So... does BF4 not launch with PS4?

I thought it was the same day...

Evolved1

I rented BF4 on PS3 and actually have the weekend off... some of you dudes better be on!

meppi

I've only played a few hours, but it feels worse than BF3. It's kinda frustrating.

Sheesh. It was the thing that I hated the most in BF3. Sometimes it's doable, but it can change from one match to the next and be an unplayable mess.
Getting shot behind full cover. Your bullets going straight through targets. Heli's being hit while it doesn't register, etc.

DICE's priority should lie in creating a game that's actually playable first and foremost.
I just don't get how this wasn't fixed, let alone how it could have gotten even worse. :(
BC2 was just fine compared to this mess.

TheSeks

I've only played a few hours, but it feels worse than BF3. It's kinda frustrating.

It's the servers, they'll fix it in a little bit and it'll feel better and then crash again.

The Battlefield cycle.

olimpia84

So I already got the trophy for hitting rank 25...what a joke. I wonder if DICE is going to grow some balls next time and make the trophy unlock at max rank, not this level 25 baby crap.

Evolved1

Game runs like poop on PS3.

I think it averages 17-20 fps on some of these maps.

TheSeks

So I already got the trophy for hitting rank 25...what a joke. I wonder if DICE is going to grow some balls next time and make the trophy unlock at max rank, not this level 25 baby crap.

Eh, ranks mean nothing here anyway. It's all about unlocking the guns and kit items. Once you do that rank is nothing but a number.

Personally, I prefer it that way. Means rank is nothing but a time investment and/or 2XP abusing.

Evolved1

So if I unlock all this crap on PS3... it'll be unlocked on PS4?

Evolved1

Is the server browser fucking broken for anyone else?

Ever server comes up empty. The only two in my history that show players are completely full.

This is pretty annoying. I can't try any other game types.

Is the server browser fucking broken for anyone else?

Ever server comes up empty. The only two in my history that show players are completely full.

This is pretty annoying. I can't try any other game types.

Have you tried unchecking some filters? I believe the beta had the same problem.

Top Bottom