• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

Commorose is good eats.

Reminds of the communication system in MGO. Shame more games don't use a system like that.

supersaw

Arnie said:
Eh, they're the game designers, not you. I trust their judgement over yours, especially when Rush was so ridiculously one sided in the Alpha, it got to the point where I thought the issue stemmed from something much broader than simply recoil and damage values. I'm sure the glitch didn't help matters, but even when it was working the odds were still stacked far too heavily in the defenders favour.

I sincerely hope they can deliver working voip on PC, if not for the Beta then at least for the final version, I think that even with balancing issues the ability to properly communicate and co-ordinate an assault can massively sway the outcome of the game. I put over 200 hours into Bad Company 2 and the times I played with proper voice comms were definitely the most immersive and rewarding.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Asgaro said:
Ok, thanks, didnt know it wasnt allowed.
Im not trying to be witty or anything like that.

Remember that a ban while junior member is a perma ban.

Kyaw

Oh yeah, just noticed all the jets a single seaters... :(

Not sure about A-10 or SU-39 since they aren't shown in the trailer but they are both single seaters IRL.

Arcipello

Kyaw said:
Oh yeah, just noticed all the jets a single seaters... :(

Not sure about A-10 or SU-39 since they aren't shown in the trailer but they are both single seaters IRL.

lets face it though... it was a pain in the ass to do anything while in the gunner seat of the bombers of BF2.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Think it depends on what you are doing. I got only a weeks ban when I was a junior, it was also a fairly silly ban though.
Oh then the rules have changed.

Sorry for spreading misinformation.

zugzug

The_Squirrel_Menace said:
Still can't get over the fact that commander is no more :(

Loved to sneak up in the enemy base as a spec ops and rigging their radar with C4, rendering their commander / uav useless.

+1 luved this style.

An idea on vehcile implementation: I'd love to see EA/DICE introduce some sort of offline vehcile training course that would prevent lone wolf jackasses who have no idea how to pilot a plane/chopper from hopping in them and dying two seconds later by slamming into a building.

The Wise Old Man said:
An idea on vehcile implementation: I'd love to see EA/DICE introduce some sort of offline vehcile training course that would prevent lone wolf jackasses who have no idea how to pilot a plane/chopper from hopping in them and dying two seconds later by slamming into a building.

Single-player and co-op. Maybe locked servers if you can create them.

Nostalgia~4ever said:
You can take out parts of a jet confirmed!

Source? I read yesterday that you could separately disable specific functions of it, like afterburner and steering.

Woo-Fu

Banned
JJD said:
And what if the seat is taken? Will I spawn at 1.000 feet at 600km/h?

What if my squad leader is a base camping bush wookie? I know you can spawn on any captured flag on conquest, but what about rush? A bad squad leader would be a major setback not only for a squad but for a whole team (12 players console teams).

I won't worry about squad leader mechanic if I'm playing with friends, but it could be a horrible experience with randoms.
/
You seem to be working under the assumption that you don't get to pick your squad and/or squadleader. That isn't how it works in BF2, is there any reason to expect it to work that way in BF3?

When there aren't any squads worth joining I create my own, when playing bf2. If I'm doing something solo/rambo, I lock the squad so nobody is in a position to be let down by my non-squad-friendly goals.

Woo-Fu said:
You seem to be working under the assumption that you don't get to pick your squad and/or squadleader. That isn't how it works in BF2, is there any reason to expect it to work that way in BF3?

When there aren't any squads worth joining I create my own, when playing bf2. If I'm doing something solo/rambo, I lock the squad so nobody is in a position to be let down by my non-squad-friendly goals.
IIRC, in the Alpha it was whoever had the highest score.

Spl1nter

On the topic of change to the squad spawn system, if the squad size was uped to 6 players then I believe it would be a poor decision. However, with the current 4 player squads, I think all squad member spawn will work fine. It allows for the smaller squad sizes to be more versatile and move around the map quicker.

The issue with BC2 having the all squad member spawn was LMG medics and quick/easy revives. Proper class structure should help fix this issue.

LordCanti said:
"marketing strategy" AKA Sony money hat?

I don't understand the logic in showing a game on the platform that has fewer potential customers.

Even when you're being paid to do so (unless that payment is a lot).
well, if they're sure the 360 version will sell anyway, why not push the PS3 version's sales potential? they're not the first to do it and they won't be the last... too many people worry about the performance of PS3 versions of multi-platform games.

Fersis

Yo' DICE what about a working screenshot feature on consoles huh? (The PS3 SDK even has the feature implemented)
I havent forgot about the BFBC2 screenshot feature. >8(

vaelic

Banned
I have been thinking of a way to prevent people from hijacking a tank when you hop out to repair it. Anyone have any ideas? That gets damn annoying

Spl1nter

vaelic said:
I have been thinking of a way to prevent people from hijacking a tank when you hop out to repair it. Anyone have any ideas? That gets damn annoying

Anyway that would be implemented (reserve spot when exit tank or force out when entering tank) would be bad gameplay design. Destroys fluidity, immersion and goes against basic teamwork principles of battlefield.

The Faceless Master said:
well, if they're sure the 360 version will sell anyway, why not push the PS3 version's sales potential? they're not the first to do it and they won't be the last... too many people worry about the performance of PS3 versions of multi-platform games.

But 360 has a bigger cod audience how painful would that be if cod loses to bf 3 on the 360.

so, what's the status of friendly fire? i thought the 50% damage from FF in BC1 was a great compromise.

vaelic said:
anything that prevents that wouldn't be battlefield!

dragonelite said:
But 360 has a bigger cod audience how painful would that be if cod loses to bf 3 on the 360.
there's a thread for that, but let's be serious here... that's not going to happen... especially with one game just working online, new, used, whatever, and the other having an online pass type system.

Fersis said:
Yo' DICE what about a working screenshot feature on consoles huh? (The PS3 SDK even has the feature implemented)
I havent forgot about the BFBC2 screenshot feature. >8(
seriously, IT WORKED IN BC1!!!

and in BC2 IT WAS IN THE MANUAL!!!

i would also settle for a battle recorder/playback system with a screenshot function instead of live screenshots.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Still no impressions

511032227_5fc26b2906_o.gif

vaelic said:

Communicate to a squad member to spawn on you and repair it so you can stay inside.

I NEVER get out to repair a vehicle without backup. If I'm by myself I stay with the vehicle until we're both destroyed. Getting one of your own teams vehicles jacked is unacceptable.

ShOcKwAvE said:
Actually that really sucks...if that means you can't snipe someone out of a hovering heli, then it's a step backwards.

I VERY seriously doubt they removed that. This is more about directly damaging the chopper, not it's occupants.

Kyaw said:
From a guy who've played BF3 at the booth, Jets only go up to 400 speed while jets in BF2 goes up to 800?

Aren't those just arbitrary numbers, since the engines aren't the same? Demize said they're slightly faster than BF2. I wonder if they're slowed down for GC?

Ah, and kill cam is back! Interesting.

ShOcKwAvE

Mr. Snrub said:
I VERY seriously doubt they removed that. This is more about directly damaging the chopper, not it's occupants.

I would still prefer the realism of inflicting minor damage on the vehicle as well.

Mr. Snrub said:
Ah, and kill cam is back! Interesting.

Kill cam made me switch to Hardcore mode and never look back.

woober

Oh shit. Did i just see a UAV station? I hope that means that teams can go destroy it with a C4 and disable the enemy's team use of the UAV. Same with artillery ala BF2.

Kyaw

ShOcKwAvE said:
I would still prefer the realism of inflicting minor damage on the vehicle as well.

Doesn't attack helicopters have armour plating to prevent small arms damage?

@ Sethos: According to the guy who has played BF3 at Gamescom, he said he saw the speed go up to only 400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom