• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the f am I supposed to kill a vehicle with the repair tool!?

Glad they picked up on the CoD trend of incentivizing players to do stupid shit instead of trying to win. :/

enemy AMTRAC counts even if it's abandoned. enemy equipment counts too, T-UGS, MAV, SOFLAM, Mortar, etc...

Halo 2's? As did I, but that doesn't make it the best map in Halo (no, that honor goes to Turf. Yes, I don't mind Asymetrical maps and One-flag CTF. Dealwithit.gif) but that has nothing to do with Karkand.
i loved Chiron TL-34

Woo-Fu

Banned
How the f am I supposed to kill a vehicle with the repair tool!?

Glad they picked up on the CoD trend of incentivizing players to do stupid shit instead of trying to win. :/

The most important thing to remember is to attack from the rear. Repair tool gets a massive damage modifier when applied to the rear of a vehicle.

The downside is that they might just back over you.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
My rankings:
  1. Sharqi Peninsula
  2. Strike at Karkand
  3. Gulf of Oman
  4. Wake Island

Sharqi Peninsula just feels right. The tight city streets, the copious buildings, the vertical gameplay, all top notch. Karkand is similar, but it doesn't have the same great vistas Sharqi has. Oman can be fun, but those open spaces are murder, literally. Nothing worse than 150m of open space to be shot at and pinned down from buildings you can't possibly return fire to on the run. The more urban areas are nice, but out in the open, it's not hard to get fucked. Wake is the weakest I feel. It's not that it can't be fun, it just feels very wrote and formulaic. Rush is more of a meatgrinder than Metro, and while I love Metro Rush, it's kind of a pain. Conquest just feels like a two pronged Metro with vehicles. If you come up on a group of enemies, there's really nowhere to flank and hide and survive. It's literally who sees who first and who has the weapon superior for the engagement range when in between objectives, and since it seems to take so long between objectives on foot, dying on the way like that is a frustration.

Anyway, I only have the bolt action sniper and the Jackhammer left, but I'm pretty happy with the guns as they are. I'm actually not much of a FAMAS fan, because of how difficult it seems to control, but I do very much like the L85A2. Similarly, the MG36 is a new fav. It's a total BEAST for suppression and engagement at any range with its high ROF and very manageable recoil. I'm doing much better than I was with the G53 too, and while I'm not a HUGE fan of the QBZ, it's a usable gun at longer engagements, but close up I have a higher chance of losing due to the low ROF.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ok, some thoughts about the game.

I find it more fun playing it alone than with the friend.

He has about 800 hours in BFBC2. And his style - rush to the point and kill everybody jumping - just don't work here anymore. I'm rushing with him and get killed constantly. When I play alone I'm playing much slower and have fun... It's a different game really. I don't know if it is possible to retain the same team spirit from BFBC.

Well I guess that's that...

KBtDb.jpg

I don't remember that number plate tease though, but the 2142 box art was in the passenger seat of the truck thing on Operation Road Rage in Armored Fury.

They've hinted at it plenty of times before. Should be awesome if it actually comes to fruition, I wanna play some Titan mode.

A friend at EA said there's internal rumblings that 2143 is being worked on right now. So expect it in 2012, maybe early 2012 at the latest.

mikeGFG

Banned
ok, some thoughts about the game.

I find it more fun playing it alone than with the friend.

He has about 800 hours in BFBC2. And his style - rush to the point and kill everybody jumping - just don't work here anymore. I'm rushing with him and get killed constantly. When I play alone I'm playing much slower and have fun... It's a different game really. I don't know if it is possible to retain the same team spirit from BFBC.

lmao. your friend sounds like me.

if youre playing on PC, my tip is to play on 32 player servers instead of 64.

its really fucking hard for small squads to shine in the bigger servers. You can kill 15 enemies on the flag, and they'll all respawn behind you before you can cap.

combine that with the fact that you have what seems like half the health of the badcompany 2 soldiers and you'll find that storming an objective to kill multiple enemies head-on is risky as hell.

Repair tool kills are fun, often if you can run up behind a tank from behind which has no gunner in the secondary seat, get them in the blind spot, always gotta think about blind spots when people are driving because it's all about blind spots (at least that's the way I play because I've been playing Support + C4 lately).

This is why when I'm driving vehicles and not in combat I use third person view.

Anyway, they usually don't know wtf is happening, they just sorta look around with the turret but I've never been able to kill the tank with it because the driver always ends up realizing what's going on before the thing loses all it's health and tries to shoot you and often if you drawn him out like so you can shoot him first.

Should I be doing an OT2?

feel

Tried the new maps yesterday on the 360, I really enjoyed them, fun! Is it just me or is the lightning and contrast much less annoying in the new maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom