• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Requirements Revealed [Update: Recommended = High]

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
DenogginizerOS said:
I have a 500w psu. To run a 580, I need to upgrade that as well. I can't spend $500-$600 just to get High or Ultra. I am thinking 1920x1080p on medium will still look amazing compared to 720p on my PS3.

On a different note, I wonder what gamepad support is included.
Gamepad has been confirmed, didn't know that, are you sure?

Dash Kappei said:
Gamepad has been confirmed, didn't know that, are you sure?

Yes. No aim assist, though
grin.gif

Prologue

Neogaf has me seriously thinking about building a pc. I haven't had a destop in 10 years >.>. All this talk is making me like the idea on having a gaming computer right next to my 360.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Prologue said:
Neogaf has me seriously thinking about building a pc. I haven't had a destop in 10 years >.>. All this talk is making me like the idea on having a gaming computer right next to my 360.
It'd be well worth it, you can have the best of both worlds that way.

Also, is the recommended requirements seriously only good for medium? I meet the recommended specs exactly. I have a i5 2000k and a 1GB 6950, except I have 8GB of RAM.

TheExodu5

Banned
1000W going through a single GTX 580? You better have your GPU in a bath of liquid nitrogen.

edit: heh

When we say extreme cooling, we mean it. Liquid Nitrogen or Phase Change coolers which can drop the GPU temperatures into the negative levels thrive on the EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified. With features like OC BIOS Mode which disables the thermal monitoring for reduced cold bug issues, to the extreme power delivery, you will be assured that the graphics card will not be the bottleneck here. The EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified is Vince "k|ngp|n" Lucido's card of choice for overclocking!

iamvin22

Industry Verified
TheExodu5 said:
1000W going through a single GTX 580? You better have your GPU in a bath of liquid nitrogen.

edit: heh
Haha thats what i was thinking. I am curious as to why they have a air flow cooling.

woober

Rubixcuba said:
It'd be well worth it, you can have the best of both worlds that way.

Also, is the recommended requirements seriously only good for medium? I meet the recommended specs exactly. I have a i5 2000k and a 1GB 6950, except I have 8GB of RAM.

Nope, there was miscommunication. Recommended requirements lets you play BF3 on high.

Source

Kyaw

I'm just not giving a shit about performance related talk atm.

I will try the beta and i'll gauge the performance needed for the game then.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm really sorry to be another one of "those guys" but will this game run like shit on these specs:

Q9300 (2.5 ghz quad)
8GB ram
Radeon 4850

I saw that my card series is on the "minimum" level of requirements, and I have a 26'' 1200p monitor that I don't like playing games at lower resolutions on. Should I expect all low settings and shitty framerates? Thanks in advance!

legacyzero

Banned
Grinchy said:
I'm really sorry to be another one of "those guys" but will this game run like shit on these specs:

Q9300 (2.5 ghz quad)
8GB ram
Radeon 4850

I saw that my card series is on the "minimum" level of requirements, and I have a 26'' 1200p monitor that I don't like playing games at lower resolutions on. Should I expect all low settings and shitty framerates? Thanks in advance!

I have a 4890 and the Alpha barely ran at 30 FPS. I'm gonna upgrade to at least 1 6950. I ran the normal 1600x900. So I would expect that you should upgrade too.

legacyzero

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Athlon II quad 3.2
1 x AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGIBOX

My FPS was all over the place though, mostly outside in the first section. In the tunnels and the city, it was a little more consistent.

Grinchy

Banned
legacyzero said:
I have a 4890 and the Alpha barely ran at 30 FPS. I'm gonna upgrade to at least 1 6950. I ran the normal 1600x900. So I would expect that you should upgrade too.
Thanks dude, that's exactly what I needed to know. When I watch gameplay footage and my jaw is permanently dropped, that's when I know I can't have it.

Grinchy said:

Q9300 (2.5 ghz quad)
8GB ram
Radeon 4850

No one can say for sure since beta may be way better optimized than the alpha but I'd say you'll probably want to upgrade for playable multiplayer framerates at that resolution.

legacyzero

Banned
Grinchy said:
Thanks dude, that's exactly what I needed to know. When I watch gameplay footage and my jaw is permanently dropped, that's when I know I can't have it.

No problem bro!

Here is some vids I recorded from my sessions on the alpha if it helps you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib3kaSpuhuo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ABoTocRqk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHmAiAjBnN8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab772zqIP1s&feature=related

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
"repi Johan Andersson@

@WolfsFangx we run the game a lot on 2x 6970s for Crossfire testing and it runs great. been working with AMD for years
23 Sep"

Yaska

So, thinking of upgrading from my 460 gtx. Which one would be better, SLI 560 TI or a single 580. 580 would be cheaper and I only have a 750 AX Corsair PSU. Or should I just take the middle road and get a 570 and wait for better cards that come next year?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why would the requirements go up that much on the NVidia side, but not the AMD side?

We're sure that's not a typo, or is their AMD optimization better?

Corky

Nirolak said:
Why would the requirements go up that much on the NVidia side, but not the AMD side?

We're sure that's not a typo, or is their AMD optimization better?

If I'm to guess I'm thinking that the whole "560" causes too much confusion, is it the TI or not ; people still won't get it. So they just say " there, a 570"

taoofjord

Windows 7 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 - 1280MB

4GB of RAM

Processor Information:
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Speed: 3292 Mhz
4 logical processors
4 physical processors

I know I'm at least at the recommended, but any guesses on whether I'll be able to push it higher? I want to run it at 1680x1050.

Corky

taoofjord said:
Windows 7 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 - 1280MB

4GB of RAM

Processor Information:
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Speed: 3292 Mhz
4 logical processors
4 physical processors

I know I'm at least at the recommended, but any guesses on whether I'll be able to push it higher? I want to run it at 1680x1050.

I dare wager the recommended settings include 1920x1080, so lowering the res should give you headroom for higher settings. Just conjecture.

Emily Chu

Banned
temped to just hook up my PC to a 720p Samsung 32" HDTV and just use a quad core + 8800GT to play this in ultra textures, turn off everything else besides 4x AA + 16x AF

BF2 HD REMAKE

theBishop

Banned
My GTX460 (768mb) puts me a a little shy of the recommended requirements. On the other hand, it's incredible that the 5650 in my laptop will be able to run this at all.

Top Bottom