• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 - Snipers will have Scope Reflection & Sway

so if i crouch to snipe like in BC2 will reflection and sway still apply or does it only happen if i go prone?

bullet drop is still in right?

I like the adding of reflection, but as much as people hate snipers, they are a real threat on the battlefield, especially in urban combat. Of course getting shot by a crap load of them is annoying and most snipers tend to move constantly except in certain static defense, but even then they move fairly often.

Granted I suck so bad that not even snipping usually helps. I generally try to spot like made and complete objectives as it's easier for me to level up.

See those two last things are why I liked BC2 so much!

How about giving recons a separate spotting scope with anti glare lens so they can still be fullfill their roll and give intel to their teammate without having offensive capabilities right away. That way if you wanna just scout the horizon you can do that but as soon as yo take out your sniper rifle and set up your bipod, your rifle's scope will start to glare.

Plus these scopes should provide a greater field of view while providing better magnification.

I like this. Like I said I suck at aiming and getting kills. I always liked the idea of being able to be a spotter only making defensive kills. Hell it would give a brand new experience to gaming.

Arnie

Turning the auto-spot perk from BC2 into a Recon tool for Battlefield 3 would be a great way to differentiate the class and herd players into the designer's intended roles. Just like Suppression, a set of Binoculars which would allow Recon players to easily and efficiently spot enemies for the team would have enough incentive for selfish Recon's to use (to spot enemies for their own uses) whilst simultaneously and indirectly helping the team. At least then everyone benefits from the plebeians who like to sit on hills, miles from the battle.

Top Bottom