• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 has gone gold (High Frequency Network Update rolling out over 24 hours)

RoKKeR

Awesome title.

I also love that they made a fucking trailer for this showing how absolutely shit the net code has been for months.

ZackGamer

Banned
PS4 version still isn't gold, campaign bug still isn't fixed.

IndianMan.JPG

True!

mcflyOS

Banned
My campaign was reset, no joke, 5 times on Xbox One. It's just unbelievable. I've never been able to actually finish the campaign, which seems to me something promised but never delivered when I bought it.

zma1013

I'm cynical. I think it's a placebo. I still wholly expect to be killed by a magic bullet that curves around a building I ducked behind 3 whole seconds ago.

RoKKeR

My campaign was reset, no joke, 5 times on Xbox One. It's just unbelievable. I've never been able to actually finish the campaign, which seems to me something promised but never delivered when I bought it.

Happened to me too, but I took as a blessing, not a curse. Best to save time by skipping the campaign.

Acidote

As a note it's might not be on all the 64 player maps yet (unless it's been 24 hours since the post) if I'm reading the blog post correctly.

I think that's for consoles. They're also receiving the update in a few days.

Playstation 4 and Xbox One Server Performance
The High Frequency Update will be rolled out to all 48 player servers and on a small set of 64 player servers immediately. We will then keep a close eye on the larger servers to make sure server performance stays good in the live environment. If all goes well, all servers will be supporting the high frequency update after 24 hours or rollout and testing.

PC Server Performance
On PC the RSPs are responsible for enabling the feature at their discretion, we expect most to do so as soon as possible.

I'm joining a server managed by someone I know. I'll ask her if it's enabled and give it a try.

GameSeeker

Nice title OP.

So BF4 has gone Gold just in time for EA to sell you a new cops & robbers mod called Hardline for $60 more? Nicely done EA. No one will notice.

EA should give Battlefield: Hardline out for free to those who bought BF Premium or something along those lines. The game has been broken for almost a year. If this happened to CoD, the world would explode with tweeners and bros.

npa189

LMAO at thread title. I might check it out today to see if they actually fixed it. It would be nice if the $120 game I bought in October finally worked.

Mooreberg

Same thing has happened to me on PS4. Definitely the last Battlefield I ever purchase. Nothing will improve in terms of release quality with them trying to keep pace with Call of Duty.

I played a few games today with this new setting enabled to High; the whole server was ecstatic over how much an improvement it was. Not once did I get killed by magical curving bullets.

Going to keep playing tonight to see if it holds up.

BokehKing

Banned
I honestly have had little problems with this game. I mean there was some when I was a Xbox One owner. But when I switched over to ps4, problems have been minimal (imo of course)

I actually liked the explosion induced camera shake lol; it made matches seem more chaotic and immersive to me, so I hope it isn't reduced too much. As for the update to the "netcode" I'm cautiously optimistic, I've had occasional troubles with lag and whatnot, but overall my experience with bf4 has been pretty good already, so I'm just hoping it helps everybody else out and doesn't turn out to be something that only has a marginal effect on latency.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Still putting "netcode" in quotes to demean us ignorant consumers, who've been imagining these problems for the last 7 months.

Anyone know how the netcode in bf4 was not good compared to say bf3 or bfbc2?
Do the devs have to program that part from scratch for every game or why don't they have a standard template, which they could have improved upon over their many multiplayer games?

Sorry, if that's a stupid question but I have very limited programing knowledge.

Top Bottom