• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

My god... I can't do it.

I can't get kills with jets. This is ridiculous. How does anyone put up with this? Are there some sort of advanced techniques I'm missing?

Attack jet. Nosegun only. Go tank/boat hunting. Works wonders against enemy aircraft as well. Since you strafe ground targets you can grab the AA heatseekers as secondary as insurance if you wish.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Too bad no one but me used that basejump and instead went for the helicopters to hover around the buildings doing jackshit.

Why DICE had helicopters for that set, I'll never know.

Mobile spawn point that the attackers can use to spawn near the MCOMs instead of having to keep base jumping when their squad is wiped.

Defenders spawned much more closer to the MCOMs than the attackers did on that set, helicopters balanced that out by giving the attackers a closer spawn point if they were able to keep them up and not die to stingers/enemy heli. Pretty sure that's the rational for having them for that set.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Attack jet. Nosegun only. Go tank/boat hunting. Works wonders against enemy aircraft as well. Since you strafe ground targets you can grab the AA heatseekers as secondary as insurance if you wish.

It seems like once I finally get in range to actually see a tank or a boat, I'm way too close to the ground to get out more than a small burst of fire, or else I'll crash easy.

Rizific

didnt they get rid of the sniper bullet veering way off center when quickly firing off a follow up shot? pretty sure i read that in one of the patch notes. unless it hasnt been implemented yet.

Kabuto

Air Superiority is gone from the PC server browser. Thanks DICE?

but seriously there was usually only one or two servers with people in it so I can see why they took it out.

Bombless

It seems like once I finally get in range to actually see a tank or a boat, I'm way too close to the ground to get out more than a small burst of fire, or else I'll crash easy.

Spam spotting. Hope that your teammates do it or ask them (I do it often). While you're jetting away after an attack remember you can look around and spot potential targets. The icon should stay on them long enough for you to turn and align yourself for a strafing attack.

You have to aim a bit lower than the spotted icon to hit. Also, in the case of boats, look for their trail in the water.

Acorn

They were for sale on EU PSN for a while, for 0.99, 1,99, 2.99 (bronze through gold), along with server renting options.
Ha! Did they delist them when the state of the game became apparent? I wonder if they will relaunch when they start selling shortcuts.

Yeah. I'll just use helicopters for anything else aircraft related.

OK here is what I did, and I am terrible at jets. See if it works for you.

Equip and use the laser guided missiles (You may have to unlock it for the jets, just cap flags in AS), fly high and slow whilst targeting, but you will have to accept that it is going to mind numbingly boring.

Occasionally, you will be targeted by other jets, just fly lower and air brake to lose them.

The AA may also get you, in which case just be patient in the spawn screen, and hover over the jet selection box.

Lastly, play only the CR maps, Silk rd is a GOLDMINE, especially for easy bike targets, Altai is also great.

When I decided to do this, I needed two JF ribbons I already fluked one, I got the two in six games. In 3 out of the 6 games, I got 4 kills, in 1 I got 8 kills.

So if you want try the above.

jediyoshi

PC Game Update Feb 13
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493838365687/last/
We’ve started rolling out a new Battlefield 4 game update on PC. You may experience some downtime during this rollout, as we are also updating the game servers. As usual, it will take a few hours before the majority of servers are updated.

Feb 13 PC Game Update Notes
-General stability improvements
-Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
-Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
-Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
-Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
-Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
-Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren’t properly matching the actual number of impacts
-Fix for an issue where the “Draw” message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
-Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn’t scroll on dog tags
-Fix for missing grass physics in terrain

Mantle
-Fix for a crash that would occur when activating full screen in portrait mode
-Fix for stuttering that could appear during video sequences on multi-GPU PCs
-Fix for a memory system leak that could cause stalls, which would result in frames taking longer to process
-Reduced the amount of stalls that occurred when running with high graphics setting that require more GPU memory than is currently available
-Fixed screenshots on multi-GPU PCs

394mb update

Stupid questions but are there LAVs without a gun in the second seat? I entered one a few times and could only use thermal vision but I had no gun to use? Leaving and entering again didn't fix that. Or did I simply miss something? I don't drive that often.

Facism

Stupid questions but are there LAVs without a gun in the second seat? I entered one a few times and could only use thermal vision but I had no gun to use? Leaving and entering again didn't fix that. Or did I simply miss something? I don't drive that often.

it's a bug. Should have been fixed with today's patch. Second seat in the LAV is always a LMG.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
-Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive

=/

the big patch is never happening isnt? :(

Dr Prob

Banned
Another idea for the jet ribbons from someone who sucks in jets:

Going after the attack boats on Paracel is probably the easiest way to get this done, as there are usually at least two people in them (if not more) and they tend to stay relatively still around flags. But, since that doesn't seem to be your thing, maybe try playing air superiority in third person. This doesn't really work that well for the attack jets in my experience, but it's very easy to track the stealth jet's main cannon and stay aware of your surroundings/on target this way.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Dont think so.

It depends if the patch fixes the crashes and 'rubber banding'.

Rubber banding won't be fixed until BF4 gets an increased tickrate, there's an inherent 100ms delay on actions, same as in BF3 and BFBC before it. I doubt something that fundamental will change with this game iteration.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rubber banding won't be fixed until BF4 gets an increased tickrate, there's an inherent 100ms delay on actions, same as in BF3 and BFBC before it. I doubt something that fundamental will change with this game iteration.
Im cool with delay/lag, but the rubber banding issues goes beyond the server 10 hz tickrate.
There were a couple of weeks after a patch that the netcode was godlike for me... then it 'broke' again.

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA
It's nuts, it must be a really hard sync issue to fix.
In fact they shouldnt put it in the change list, they put that kind of stuff instead of "Yo, the emblems are working now!"

Keasar

I want the weapon/vehicle/grenade rebalance patch already.

There is gonna be a rebalance patch? Any news on what it will do?
Some of my wishes:
-Make flashbangs more effective.
-Add global cooldown on all tank shells, switching between Sabot and Staff shells are way too powerful in tank to tank combat.
-Make flashbangs more effective!
-If repairing a scout/transport helicopter while inside it is still as powerful as it was before, nerf that.

Fersis

Wait.... So this patch doesn't actually fix anything important?
well... it fixes 2 of the bugs introduced in the last patch.
I believe its more of a hotfix than a full patch.

Another idea for the jet ribbons from someone who sucks in jets:

Going after the attack boats on Paracel is probably the easiest way to get this done, as there are usually at least two people in them (if not more) and they tend to stay relatively still around flags. But, since that doesn't seem to be your thing, maybe try playing air superiority in third person. This doesn't really work that well for the attack jets in my experience, but it's very easy to track the stealth jet's main cannon and stay aware of your surroundings/on target this way.

easiest jet ribbons = play a game where the enemy commander keeps spawning the AC-130 :)

I can't even play cq since the last patch, rubberbanding everywhere. Hopefully this patch fixes that.
I'd love to know why the rubberbanding is getting worse. I had issues on Golmud last ngiht which I've almost not ever seen since the game launched.

easiest jet ribbons = play a game where the enemy commander keeps spawning the AC-130 :)
Truth. AC-130 hull is made out of recycled soda cans.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
OK here is what I did, and I am terrible at jets. See if it works for you.

Equip and use the laser guided missiles (You may have to unlock it for the jets, just cap flags in AS), fly high and slow whilst targeting, but you will have to accept that it is going to mind numbingly boring.

Occasionally, you will be targeted by other jets, just fly lower and air brake to lose them.

The AA may also get you, in which case just be patient in the spawn screen, and hover over the jet selection box.

Lastly, play only the CR maps, Silk rd is a GOLDMINE, especially for easy bike targets, Altai is also great.

When I decided to do this, I needed two JF ribbons I already fluked one, I got the two in six games. In 3 out of the 6 games, I got 4 kills, in 1 I got 8 kills.

So if you want try the above.

Yeah, I've been using the laser guided missile. I don't know how to airbrake though.

Except they introduced that bug in the last patch...

Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean I DON'T want them to fix it. It's still an important fix.

It must suuuuuuuuck to be a DICE employee working on this game right now :/

Trying to fix a broken mess of a game that has issues deep within the engine itself it seems, Bethesda Skyrim PS3 -style.

All fans raging 24/7 all about different issues and surely EA pressuring them to do it yesterday already. Within all that trying to find time to properly test the updated versions? Jeez...

Fersis

It must suuuuuuuuck to be a DICE employee working on this game right now :/

Trying to fix a broken mess of a game that has issues deep within the engine itself it seems, Bethesda Skyrim PS3 -style.
Yeah, im glad they rejected my application.....
No im not, i was hype at the time i sent it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom