• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyS

batimqr4.png

Jesus!

Divus

Well I personally played thru the first two missions of the campaign and am wowed. Didn't think the game would look as good as the fishing in Baku trailer they demoed and I was so wrong. This has dethroned Crysis 3 as the best looking game I've played.

So far campaign is leaps and bounds better than BF3's, but not perfect yet still enjoyable. It seems some weapons need to be unlocked thru the campaign such as the Rex (which I love) and several others, but I could be wrong about that. It is very scripted but not to poorly done.

Running it at 1080p Ultra everything except effects which defaulted to medium using a GTX 670 stock clock, i7 3770k @ 4.4Ghz CPU, 16GB RAM, SSD, Windows 8.1.

I also can confirm Shadowplay didn't seem to effect my frame rate one bit. Saved to HDD in 2-3 secs tops and didn't slow anything down when it did.

Marvel

could never
Kinda sickens me in a way that I have a PC that can run it no sweat on ultra yet my PS4 and a copy of BF4 is all paid off.

lol.

k4n3

Banned
just installed my 290x and preloading bf4 now =D cant wait! getting 120 fps in bf3 on ultra i use to get 30 and its not even set to uber mode lmao

Odrion

Banned
The graphical showcase you are witnessing with your jaw dropped low is exactly why Dice bothered with a singleplayer campaign in BF4.

Don't ask why they're doing singleplayer in a Battlefield game ever again.

Red Comet

Has anybody whose been able to play yet ran it on windows 7 or with less than 8 GBs of RAM? I have a feeling I'm going to have to upgrade both of those this week...

AmyS

From what you guys are saying it sounds like the framerates & stability has been much improved from beta to release build.

Graphics look fucking amazing.

Looks like I'll start out on the PS4 version by December then spend a reasonable sum on a decent new PC with a single OC GTX 780 by Feb-March to experience Ultra settings.

Is you guys download speed slow or is it origin? If it's origin try and switch servers, mine downloaded with full speed and took me about an hour.

That map with the storm is pretty great once the storm hits.

Also people need to quit playing with their fucking VPN's on, what the fuck are you doing you bellends.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So gameplay wise, the SP is much improved over BF3s? Is it like you know.. entertaining?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If we want to pick at the technology, Crysis 3 is still doing stuff Battlefield 4 seemingly isn't, or at least using technology in different ways. CryEngine 3's grass renderer is incredible, the global illumination (especially indoors) is gorgeous, and it seems every surface is tessellated or displacement mapped to hell and back (if unnecessarily so). When you glance down at a grid floor and note that every single little bump and hexagon is real 3D geometry reacting to lights and shadows, that's something else.

Both games are the best technical benchmarks for PC GPUs. Last Light probably deserves a nod too.

If I'm rolling with an old school GTX 580, what graphics settings should I use to get the best possible IQ while still getting ~30fps. This is gonnna be the first game that I'm not gonna be able to max out and call it a day.

Faith

If we want to pick at the technology, Crysis 3 is still doing stuff Battlefield 4 seemingly isn't, or at least using technology in different ways. CryEngine 3's grass renderer is incredible, the global illumination (especially indoors) is gorgeous, and it seems every surface is tessellated or displacement mapped to hell and back (if unnecessarily so). When you glance down at a grid floor and note that every single little bump and hexagon is real 3D geometry reacting to lights and shadows, that's something else.

Both games are the best technical benchmarks for PC GPUs. Last Light probably deserves a nod too.
I played both games on max. and Metro Last Light was more impressive. IMHO Crysis 3 graphics is just an up and down.

psn

Yay I'm finally downloading :)

But Origin is still slow compared to Steam and I hate it. Startet with 5mb/s and now its on 2.5 mb/s, which is really slow for 100 000 DSL. On Steam I have 8-10mb/s upwards...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I played both games on max. and Metro Last Light was more impressive. IMHO Crysis 3 graphics is just an up and down.

I speak more of the technology than the art, the latter of which plays an integral role in just how good a game looks. A lot of people don't like Crysis 3's art. That's fine. But the actual rendering technology of the engine and the shit it pushes is pretty advanced stuff. It's a good GPU stress test.

If battlefield had Parallax Occlusion Mapping or more obvious tesselation it would be up there with C3 in a lot of ways. But I think its plain normal mapped look can be a detraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom