• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Donos

Anyone tried the AN-94?

Is gun master restricted to a mode (e.g. team deatmatch) or mapsize? Or can you play conquest large 64 ppl with this mode?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is gun master restricted to a mode (e.g. team deatmatch) or mapsize? Or can you play conquest large 64 ppl with this mode?

JackieChanWTF.gif

I bet you're the type of person that oh so loves 64-player Rush clusterfucks. :|

NO. It's restricted to it's own mode, like all other game modes. You can probably hack the player-count on PC like all other game modes, which will make it fucking awful because it isn't meant to be for high player counts.

Lulu23

FINALLY you can play official servers with all maps rotation.

Not really. I played "The Battlefield" today and while servers now actually cycle between the three modes (they didn't after the last patch) and even DLCs, it's still always the same list of maps that repeats over and over and also doesn't cover all maps.

I guess Frostbite doesn't have the feature to just pick a random map or something, which really really really sucks. It would make the game so much better (Hardline as well).

thenexus6

On consoles if I clicked Conquest I would have to select if I wanted to play shipped maps or each DLC individually. There was no official or easy way to just play all maps rotation.

TheSeks

I guess Frostbite doesn't have the feature to just pick a random map or something, which really really really sucks. It would make the game so much better (Hardline as well).

It does, as a server plugin. The problem for consoles is that server management isn't as robust as PC. It's why DICE-LA is adding auto-balance to the game since consoles can't have a auto-balancer like PC server plugins have done since launch (and even in BF3 and before that).

The second problem is that the rotations aren't "staggered" or changed. All the official DICE/EA/P# servers on consoles have the same rotation. So you know going in that the next map will be X map and then Y map and then Z map and then it rolls-out to restart the map changes.

Lulu23

On consoles if I clicked Conquest I would have to select if I wanted to play shipped maps or each DLC individually. There was no official or easy way to just play all maps rotation.

You had to pick either "Large scale battles", "The Battlefield" or "Close Quarters" from the Quick Join menu. (Which they now moved to the top of the list with orange font)

But the map rotation was Vanilla first, then each DLC, so it was pretty much broken.

I want them to add a Rush playlist with mixed maps so bad.

Lulu23

It does, as a server plugin. The problem for consoles is that server management isn't as robust as PC. It's why DICE-LA is adding auto-balance to the game since consoles can't have a auto-balancer like PC server plugins have done since launch (and even in BF3 and before that).

The second problem is that the rotations aren't "staggered" or changed. All the official DICE/EA/P# servers on consoles have the same rotation. So you know going in that the next map will be X map and then Y map and then Z map and then it rolls-out to restart the map changes.

Yeah, forgot to say that I'm playing on PS4.

The number of maps that one can add to a rotation is also limited, right? I can't think of another reason why there aren't all maps present in the "The Battlefield" rotation.

Instead of these stupid playlists they should just have given you the option to play on "Year 1 maps" with every game mode.

TheSeks

Yeah, forgot to say that I'm playing on PS4.

The number of maps that one can add to a rotation is also limited, right? I can't think of another reason why there aren't all maps present in the "The Battlefield" rotation.

Instead of these stupid playlists they should just have given you the option to play on "Year 1 maps" with every game mode.

Unless it's changed from BF3 on PS3: No, not to my knowledge. You can have ALL maps in the rotation. There is nothing stopping you from doing that. It's just 1) not everyone owns the maps so the people that don't own the map are kciked out of the server for not owning the map and 2) because of #1, DICE has to make sure everyone has the maps so they don't put ALL maps into the rotation.

It's why they've made "Premium"/DLC-rotation servers. So people joining know that everyone in that server owns the DLC.

The third thing is, from what I remember in the talks on CTE: They want to make sure all the maps are that in the quick-match playlists like "the Battlefield" fit a certain niche/role/playlist description. In "the Battlefield" it's (IIRC) "64-player large scale warfare with vehicles to provide the most 'Battlefield' gameplay style."

So this means maps like Golmund Highway, Rogue Transmission, Paracel Storm, and Naval Strike maps with a few others. While ones like Siege of Shanghai are removed because they aren't "open vehicle warfare" maps that provide a "Battlefield style" gameplay experience.

Donos

So this means maps like Golmund Highway, Rogue Transmission, Paracel Storm, and Naval Strike maps with a few others. While ones like Siege of Shanghai are removed because they aren't "open vehicle warfare" maps that provide a "Battlefield style" gameplay experience.

That sounds very good

JackieChanWTF.gif

I bet you're the type of person that oh so loves 64-player Rush clusterfucks. :|

NO. It's restricted to it's own mode, like all other game modes. You can probably hack the player-count on PC like all other game modes, which will make it fucking awful because it isn't meant to be for high player counts.

woah, easy. I don't like 64 ppl clusterfuck maps (Operation Metro, Locker) and played not one round of rush so far in over 200 hours BF4.
Just was interested in gun master with more open, bigger maps and not only the smaller team deathmatch mapsizes.

Lulu23

Unless it's changed from BF3 on PS3: No, not to my knowledge. You can have ALL maps in the rotation. There is nothing stopping you from doing that. It's just 1) not everyone owns the maps so the people that don't own the map are kciked out of the server for not owning the map and 2) because of #1, DICE has to make sure everyone has the maps so they don't put ALL maps into the rotation.

It's why they've made "Premium"/DLC-rotation servers. So people joining know that everyone in that server owns the DLC.

The third thing is, from what I remember in the talks on CTE: They want to make sure all the maps are that in the quick-match playlists like "the Battlefield" fit a certain niche/role/playlist description. In "the Battlefield" it's (IIRC) "64-player large scale warfare with vehicles to provide the most 'Battlefield' gameplay style."

I think you are confusing "The Battlefield" with "Large Scale Battles".
"The Battlefield" consists of Conquest Small, Rush and Obliterion. "Large Scale Battles" is what you were talking about.

The patch fixed the fact that in this playlist it was Conquest on (most of) all maps, then Rush on (most of) all maps, then Obliteration on (most of) all maps.
I don't think the reason for some maps (or rather some map/mode combinations) missing is that they wanted to go for a certain experience, because then Silk Road Rush wouldn't be on the list. :D
Maybe there aren't enough map "slots" for all three modes on every map or maybe DICE LA has a weird taste.
(I do recognise that what you said is true for "Large Scale Battles, though.)

Btw, the AN-94 is now my go-to Assault weapon, really really fun.
Unfortunately though, both the PDW and carbine are pretty shitty, so I still don't have a go-to Engineer weapon. The patch was probably my last chance regarding that. :(

TheSeks

Btw, the AN-94 is now my go-to Assault weapon, really really fun.
Unfortunately though, both the PDW and carbine are pretty shitty, so I still don't have a go-to Engineer weapon. The patch was probably my last chance regarding that. :(

FN P90
PDW-R

ALWAYS. FOREVER. WANNA BE WITH YOU. KILL PEOPLE WITH YOU. OH LOVES.

Carbine:

G36C
AK-5 or whatever that default one is
A-91 (with a Kobra sight since the iron sights SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK)

No mods, because I'm a minority that doesn't slap mods on guns.

Boom. There you go.

Lulu23

FN P90
PDW-R

Carbine:

G36C

Boom. There you go.

It's not that I haven't tried all the PDWs and carbines, it's just that none of them really sticked out to me.
I guess that comes from only using the M4A1 (and sometimes the A-91) in BF3 which was pretty much a jack-of-all-trades kinda weapon like the M16A3.
There isn't really one in BF4, or if there is one, it's to bad in comparison to my choice of ARs (which I feel wasn't the case in BF3).
In BF3 I felt like the carbines weren't THAT much worse than the Assault Rifles. In BF4, I often feel like it's not worth putting up with the Engineer's weapons to get an RPG and a repair tool even when playing a vehicle-heavy map.

so did they add ALL maps or is it just the LSB rotation of:

Zavod
Golmud
Paracel
Shanghai
Hainan
Rogue
Caspian
Firestorm
Silk Road
Dragon Pass
Nansha Strike
Operation Mortar
Propaganda
Sunken Dragon
Karelia
Hammerhead

and last gen needs a 'small scale battles' rotation lol

Seks, i haven't tried the patch yet but iirc in BF3 console, you could only have 20 maps in the rotation. dunno if that was adjusted later, but it was like that as far out as 6 months after the server rent option was added.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
AN-94 burst is sooo good.

all these heathens using full auto instead of glorious 2-round burst

This, especially with that 2 shot headhsot multiplier now, can down an enemy with one burst if accurate enough

FN P90
PDW-R

Carbine:

G36C

Boom. There you go.

Just tried this baby out a week ago it is now my go to carbine, have potato grip and suppressor, along with that rate of fire and accurate hip fire, my god.

TheSeks

It's not that I haven't tried all the PDWs and carbines, it's just that none of them really sticked out to me.

Give the PDW-R and FN P90 a try. They have the "bullpup" bonus, IIRC which makes them extremely accurate in hip-fire and their ADS isn't bad either. Problem is range, but you really shouldn't be using them for long ranges in general unless you're insane like me.

Though I think today's patch has given them slightly more recoil in ADS at the benefit of a higher damage per bullet.

The carbines are a bit hit and miss. The SG553 was GDLK in BF3 but the RoF in BF4 is screwing with it's kill-ability for me. The others are all a matter of feel. A lot of people sleep on the G36C but I honestly like it. The only problem is high RoF guns but that's the terrible balance of high/low RoF gun combat in general.

Seks, i haven't tried the patch yet but iirc in BF3 console, you could only have 20 maps in the rotation. dunno if that was adjusted later, but it was like that as far out as 6 months after the server rent option was added.

Was it? There's... 29 BF3 maps, but I could swear they were all... okay... dropping the Close Shitters expansion, that would be 24 maps. Still within the reasonable limit of all maps for Conquest/Rush on a server. Unless you were mixing modes, but even then I think the maps were all allowed.

thenexus6

You had to pick either "Large scale battles", "The Battlefield" or "Close Quarters" from the Quick Join menu. (Which they now moved to the top of the list with orange font)

But the map rotation was Vanilla first, then each DLC, so it was pretty much broken.

I want them to add a Rush playlist with mixed maps so bad.

Those three categories were only just added with this update, thats what I am referring to with my finally post.

Lulu23

Those three categories were only just added with this update, thats what I am referring to with my finally post.

No, they were only moved to the top of the Quick Join menu. Previously, they were at the very bottom and you had to scroll down to acces them.

(PS4, I don't think it's different on other consoles. And does PC even have a Quick Join option? I don't remember because I would have never used such a thing in my PC days.)

thenexus6

No, they were only moved to the top of the Quick Join menu. Previously, they were at the very bottom and you had to scroll down to acces them.

(PS4, I don't think it's different on other consoles. And does PC even have a Quick Join option? I don't remember because I would have never used such a thing in my PC days.)

I never remember seeing this options until yesterday with update

Orcus

Does this scout seem more fragile to contact with other objects to anyone else? Previously of you hit things at a relatively low speed and oblique angle you would usually be ok, but now I'm insta-gibbing all the time.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
imo they broke spotting. I know they wanted to reduce spamming it, but now it takes so much effort to spot someone that people will stop bothering with it.

also

Trying to mark the objective while in a vehicle is straight up impossible now.

Apparently the Mare's Leg attachments are broken on consoles. I guess I'll keep going with my Legion hardcore FONV playthrough until the Spring Patch Patch comes out.

TheSeks

Yeah it seems spotting at a distance is a bit more finicky despite you clearly seeing them. :/

Also I still don't like Gun Gam--er--"Gun Master" in Battlefield. None of the maps are really built for the mode, just like BF3's weren't (in before Close Shitters but~). Plus some of the loadouts they have just seem wonky. The M60 not having a bipod but no recoil stabilizer (IMO) just seems outgunned after a bit. That or I'm just set in my "BIPOD. ALL THE LMGS!" ways.

I never remember seeing this options until yesterday with update

they were on the bottom.

Yeah it seems spotting at a distance is a bit more finicky despite you clearly seeing them. :/

Also I still don't like Gun Gam--er--"Gun Master" in Battlefield. None of the maps are really built for the mode, just like BF3's weren't (in before Close Shitters but~). Plus some of the loadouts they have just seem wonky. The M60 not having a bipod but no recoil stabilizer (IMO) just seems outgunned after a bit. That or I'm just set in my "BIPOD. ALL THE LMGS!" ways.

Gun Master on the Aftermath maps was dope too, not just Close Quarters.

i still can't believe i ended up liking that mode after playing it so much...

RiverBed

Banned
Lost connection on two games in a row on on ps4. Anyone else having issues?

A game crashed on me- again.

Firing seemed changed a little. I can see the bullets flying at my target more clearly. I also feel like bullets go straight further (bullets don't drop as much). Also, did the RPG and tank shots change? They seem to go in a straight line further- much further. I need some aim adjustments.

P.S. how do I change Gun Master presets? I do a manual search, but I presume there is a simpler way of doing it.

TheSeks

What in the hell did they do to thermal optics? I canta see shit captain.

LOL. They made the fog thicker a la the BF3 nerf but also made things you can see brighter. This is funny in a way as the IRNV of BF3 ol' is a grey fog with bright white hax at a short distance, while the IRNV that is green is WAYYYYY bright for the things you see and doesn't have a fog but is a bit dimmer.

I don't understand why they feel the need to mess with base mechanics like bullet spread and attachment values. It feels like I'm playing an experiment. Every time a big patch comes out I need to readjust to the entirety of the gunplay to the point I don't want to even try out this new patch.

JJD

Is it just me or they somehow messed player movement?

I played a few rounds today and it felt sluggish. I felt like I was running and turning slower.

I know my configs and loudouts were reset but I configured then again and I still feel like movement isn't the same. I am now playing with the sensitivity setting way higher than I normally play to try to adjust.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I can't seem to freely lean using gyro on PS4 anymore, despite having the option enabled. Was this known? Is it to prevent headglitching or something?

Orcus

From what I understand, now it's:

(Night Vision) IRNV: Less range, better terrain visibility

(Thermal Optics) FLIR: Longer range, worse terrain visibility.
I think you meant...

(Night Vision) IRNV: Less range, lower contrast.

(Thermal Optics) FLIR: Longer range, more contrast, everything else is a great fucking blur.

Also, why is the vehicle FLIR worse than the scoped FLIR? Craziness!

Orcus

Is it just me or they somehow messed player movement?

I played a few rounds today and it felt sluggish. I felt like I was running and turning slower.

I know my configs and loudouts were reset but I configured then again and I still feel like movement isn't the same. I am now playing with the sensitivity setting way higher than I normally play to try to adjust.
Yeah, player movement is slower. I don't think it's too significant, but its noticeable.

Top Bottom