• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

RotBot

So I just started playing BF4 on PC again. I'm looking at the Eyes in the Sky ribbon and it wants me to win an Air Superiority round. I have China Rising, but I don't see it as a game mode in the server browser. How do I find it?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So I just started playing BF4 on PC again. I'm looking at the Eyes in the Sky ribbon and it wants me to win an Air Superiority round. I have China Rising, but I don't see it as a game mode in the server browser. How do I find it?

WOAH, they took that out for Second Assault's Capture the Flag. WTF DICE?

Go to "Play Now"/Quick-match and select Air Superiority to be matchmade into a server for it.

Timu

"Is it fixed yet?"

Um...

ivKCTsQ1Yeaom.gif

ibgcu57twBqXSZ.gif

i3nZiSe462Rsk.gif

iA5qFkkyFJogK.gif

ibpKN19m2V3xMq.gif

...I'll get back to you on that.

SJS

Hey, are any other PS4 users experiencing an inability to use anything but what is unlocked by default? This just happened to me and 2 other lobbies of people, but I can't confirm a widespread issue because I need some sleep.

Also, can anyone tell me the difference between SPM and General SPM?

Omni

Is there some kind of countdown timer for Second Assault? I assume by the 18th of February, they mean the 19th here in Australia, right?

Kazoo

Hey, are any other PS4 users experiencing an inability to use anything but what is unlocked by default? This just happened to me and 2 other lobbies of people, but I can't confirm a widespread issue because I need some sleep.

Also, can anyone tell me the difference between SPM and General SPM?
Yup happened to me 3 times when I played conquest but not in team death match :/

Had some good games yesterday, but some serious packetloss action going on as i could see the box-icon on the right side of the screen most of the time :E

Oh and still keeps crashing the game to PS4 desktop when changing positions in a vehicle.

Mengetsu

This game is still broken I see. I guess I should give up and wait for BF5 and hope it's not rushed out the door this time..Please EA?

Paganmoon

Lets hope we see some fixes, and no new bugs in the patch tomorrow... Playing with 4 friends in a squad on Conquest Large is damned fun, really don't want to quit on this game...

Lets hope we see some fixes, and no new bugs in the patch tomorrow... Playing with 4 friends in a squad on Conquest Large is damned fun, really don't want to quit on this game...

So will Second Assault launch together with a patch? I guess 18.2 is US only because the store on PS4 updates on wednesday in Europe.

Paganmoon

Is there some kind of countdown timer for Second Assault? I assume by the 18th of February, they mean the 19th here in Australia, right?

So will Second Assault launch together with a patch? I guess 18.2 is US only because the store on PS4 updates on wednesday in Europe.

according to battlelog, if you click the premium icon, it's 12 hours away. At least for PC, not sure about consoles. There's usually patch with the DLC's, been that way before iirc. One can hope, right? :)

I was playing on PS4 a few hours ago. Conquest on Guilin Peaks. I get into a quad bike, accelerate forward... and end up flying towards a mountain peak like I was in a jet. I promptly get a KIA after a few seconds. It was so surreal, I had a good laugh.

An accurate representation:
tumblr_mc6n7ewbKm1roejvzo1_400.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Commander Mode is quite buggy:
1) Loading music stuck for the whole match
2) Loadout Menu showing when pressing Square
3) Playable during the Result screen
4) If you go to the Pause menu while in Commander Mode strange things happen.

BTW anyone else thinks that today is "Big Patch Day"? There's always a big patch before a DLC hits.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Commander Mode is quite buggy:
1) Loading music stuck for the whole match
2) Loadout Menu showing when pressing Square
3) Playable during the Result screen
4) If you go to the Pause menu while in Commander Mode strange things happen.

BTW anyone else thinks that today is "Big Patch Day"? There's always a big patch before a DLC hits.

Point 1) happens during regular gameplay ever so often as well and it mutes every other sound as well.

Point 1) happens during regular gameplay ever so often as well and it mutes every other sound as well.

yeah thats a feature! DICE loved the ailments in Rogue Legacy so its just like that! Sometimes your character is born with some health issues that prevent you from seeing or hearing things correctly!

this is also the reason why you might THINK you were in cover or shooting a guy while in reality you were already dead.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
yeah thats a feature! DICE loved the ailments in Rogue Legacy so its just like that! Sometimes your character is born with some health issues that prevent you from seeing or hearing things correctly!

this is also the reason why you might THINK you were in cover or shooting a guy while in reality you were already dead.

I roleplay a deaf person when it happens, it's immersive. Rubberbanding however, I have very very rarely so I count myself lucky there.

Lost all my unlocks and I'm getting stuck in black loading screens on PS4. What's going on?

Looks like that was just in conquest mode. Rush is fine. Weird.

Milennia

Probably two days for me on ps4 :(

Damn you Sony and your stupid update days!

i will most likely end up downloading it first on ps4 anyway lol.
i hate the fact that sony doesnt announced a scheduled update time, however thats probably due to them not having one =/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
* Crossing fingers for a big pre dlc patch *

Acorn

i will most likely end up downloading it first on ps4 anyway lol.
i hate the fact that sony doesnt announced a scheduled update time, however thats probably due to them not having one =/
MS were great on 360 in this regard, every Tuesday at 10am. You could set your watch by it and it was a global update day. Not this stupid staggered regional crap.

So hang on. If I'm on PS4 and want to play the new map pack tomorrow do I still have to wait until 5pm est for the store update to be able to get it??

If so that sucks :(

Milennia

holy shit everytime a bf4 thread is posted in gaming its eaten alive lol
if people want to know if the game is fixed, they should ask here, not DLC news threads.

Fersis

I dont think there is a big Pre DLC patch :(

Can quick match throw you into an unranked game? I tried it instead of server browser and I had none of my unlocks at all, everyone was using the starter weapons, no one had a rank and I didn't level up at all.

If so I think I'm going to stick to server browser again.

turnbuckle

Didn't earn any ribbons on one of my best games of domination ever. nothing is unlocked. I should have had an mvp ribbon and ace squad. Nothing. Wtf

holy shit everytime a bf4 thread is posted in gaming its eaten alive lol
if people want to know if the game is fixed, they should ask here, not DLC news threads.
Seriously, Every BF4 thread in the gaming section only serves for people to shit on dice and ea. Yeah the game still has some issues but it's definitely playable. You wouldn't know that looking at a gaming side thread though.

Top Bottom