• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 pre-orders get free "Premium expansion pack", PS4 version confirmed

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems they're doing something like Karkand again.

They also detailed a few singleplayer features.

Polygon said:
The game is coming to the Windows PC, PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360, according to Electronic Arts officials. While the PS4 edition is not currently listed on the official pre-order site for the game, an Electronic Arts official confirmed that the game is coming to the platform.
Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/27/4151852/battlefield-4-17-minute-trailer

EA Press said:
DICE Reveals Next Generation of Battlefield – New Benchmark in Game Design, Multiplayer Engagement

Battlefield 4 to Deliver Human, Dramatic and Believable Action, Powered by Best-in-Class Frostbite 3 Technology

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Only in Battlefield™ can players go through a building instead of around it or eject from a jet and take out the enemy mid-free fall. Those incredible gameplay moments that blur the line between game and glory can only be created by players, and occur only in Battlefield. DICE, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc.

(NASDAQ: EA), today announced Battlefield 4™, a genre-defining action blockbuster launching in Fall 2013. Powered by the advanced technology of DICE’s proprietary Frostbite™ 3 engine, Battlefield 4 offers players a glimpse into the future of interactive entertainment – a future that is more human, dramatic and believable than anything before it. With more than 65 million players worldwide, the Battlefield series has consistently been praised by critics for its world-class multiplayer gameplay, and is recognized as the only game that allows players to own land, sea and air.

Battlefield 4 is a seminal moment for the Battlefield series as more award-winning, multiplayer game design elements are incorporated into the single-player campaign. In single-player, gamers will experience huge environments, a playground of destruction, access to an arsenal of vehicles and the ability to direct squad mates. Taking a page from the social aspect of multiplayer gaming, the single-player mode will now track players’ progress, adding an element of persistence and friendly competition to the campaign.

The game made its world debut today with a staggering 17-minute gameplay demo, available for view at Battlefield.com. The demo begins as the player – Recker – opens his eyes to discover that he is trapped in a rapidly sinking car with three of his squad mates. Shooting the window is the only way out. Panic and fear are pushed aside as Recker makes a difficult decision – take the shot and recover the intel but risk that not everyone will survive. The emotional demo features a cast of characters unrivaled in interactive entertainment. Players will learn how to work together in both the Campaign and Multiplayer, issuing squad orders and comparing achievements in both experiences. Adventure and Competition will unfold through a series of beautifully crafted locations constructed with some of the best art and sound design in modern shooters. All of this is only possible with Frostbite 3 – a new standard for interactive entertainment in 2013.

“We are so humbled and proud to debut Battlefield 4 on a global stage with simultaneous events in San Francisco and Stockholm. To be this early in development, and to already be so polished is a huge achievement for the DICE team and reflection of their passion and commitment to driving the franchise forward. Today’s demo was just the beginning -- we have so much more in store,” said Patrick Soderlund, Executive Vice President, EA Games Label. “It is thrilling to witness peoples’ reaction when seeing the game for the first time. It really makes you realize that we are at the beginning of a whole new era for gaming. As artists and craftspeople, we are focused on creating a dynamic, open design that brings people together with amazing, surprising unscripted moments that they’ll talk about for days. That’s the beauty of Battlefield.”

By pre-ordering Battlefield 4 at any participating retail outlet, gamers will receive a Premium expansion pack at no additional cost*. DICE also announced today Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe, an Origin™ exclusive special edition that includes the base game and bonus in-game digital items. Players that pre-order Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe* on Origin will also receive the Premium expansion pack as well as access to the exclusive Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta.

To view the first Battlefield 4 single player gameplay footage, please visit www.battlefield.com. To join the conversation on Battlefield 4, please visit http://www.facebook.com/battlefield, follow us on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/battlefield and #BF4, or sign up for the official Battlefield newsletter at www.battlefield.com. Press assets for Battlefield 4 are available at http://info.ea.com.

* Conditions and restrictions apply. See http://store.origin.com/promo?promoID=88022500&linkid=BF4_CLP for details.
Source: http://news.ea.com/press-release/ea...on-battlefield-–-new-benchmark-game-design-mu

thuway

Will get PS4 version. I'm gonna remote play this bitch in my bed on the Vita. Dear Sony, release a Vita Tablet now similar in form factor to the Wii U.

Seanspeed

Banned
If its Metro that could be cool I suppose.
I'm really hoping there's a Metro-ish map in BF4. I really liked it. I cant play it over and over like some people can, but it was a nice bit of variety and the 'chokepoint' style play can be pretty tense and satisfying.

Also, if this 'expansion' is anything on the quality of B2K, it should be great. Those are still the best maps in BF3 if you ask me.

Anyways:

Taking a page from the social aspect of multiplayer gaming, the single-player mode will now track players’ progress, adding an element of persistence and friendly competition to the campaign.

Is this what that little trophy thing in the upper right corner of the gameplay footage was? I really hope I can turn that off. I could care less about acheivements or what my acheivements my friends are getting. The HUD improvements look nice, but that inclusion is kind of two steps forward, one step back.

Best line

The emotional demo features a cast of characters unrivaled in interactive entertainment.

With TWD winning all those GOTY for story and characters, BF4 is clearly a shoe-in for GOTY 2013!

BTW is BF3 popular on consoles? I remember there was that snafuuu last year with the server stuff.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Most likely glorified leader board like their autolog stuff.

"YOUR FRIEND SCORED MORE HEADSHOT IN THE CHAPTER 2-3! CAN YOU OUTSCORE HIM?"

Sounds cool to me if that's what it really is. More incentive to play SP other than having full blown co op.

And a Premium expansion is a good incentive to buy. It's only a matter of when I pre-order.

I suppose I will be stupid and only put this on Origin again. Just as I hope there's someone who will make the file to negate having to launch Origin to play it. That's basically what I'm doing right now with BF3.

Smokey

Announce a game and then immediately put up a page allowing people to give them money for it.

Man what happened to games?

Uhh what's the problem here?

What's the difference between them letting you pre order it now rather than next week or are you trying to stir a pot just because

I'll get the PC version if my PC can handle it. If not, "720". I like Halo too much and I'll buy one anyway before Halo 5, so might as well give in early.

If the Xbox 720 doesn't block used games, I'll get that version (unless the PS4 version looks insanely better).
It's not going to block used games. I'm proud of all the hits EDGE has now though with their redundant articles, good for them. Can't wait to see what they type up next week.

Rootbeer

Banned
This is where it will get interesting, when we start seeing both PS4 as well as PC versions and we can compare just how different things will be. As a PC loyalist I still expect the PS4 to give 2012/2013 rigs a run for their money, mostly because developers will be targeting it more but there are of course many factors at play.

sense

why do i get the feeling xbox 720 is not coming this holiday. has their been any title scheduled for fall 2013 which are listed for BOTH ps4 and next gen platform aka durango?

Cronq

Banned
I'll just keep playing BF3 for a while and wait for the Premium Edition to go on sale for $50.

Where is the value in a "free dlc" when everyone will be forced to purchase Premium anyway?

Uhh what's the problem here?

What's the difference between them letting you pre order it now rather than next week or are you trying to stir a pot just because

I'm not trying to stir any pot here, and from a business point of view getting a customer to pay for a product that at the stage doesn't exist is a good thing, but damn I dislike it.

I'm really hoping there's a Metro-ish map in BF4. I really liked it. I cant play it over and over like some people can, but it was a nice bit of variety and the 'chokepoint' style play can be pretty tense and satisfying.

That's something you can count on. They have most likely had meetings dedicated to replicating Metro's success. People on forums don't like it, but they are going to make maps according to the number they see playing in bf3.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'll just keep playing BF3 for a while and wait for the Premium Edition to go on sale for $50.

Where is the value in a "free dlc" when everyone will be forced to purchase Premium anyway?

Nobody was ever forced to get Premium. I didn't. I still play.

Will get PS4 version. I'm gonna remote play this bitch in my bed on the Vita. Dear Sony, release a Vita Tablet now similar in form factor to the Wii U.

this. i am buying it on PS4 and play it on my Vita when i am in the bathroom. this way i will win with a style. -_-

daveo42

Banned
Might be time to build a new gaming rig this summer to get all I can out of this game. Glad to see the official announce for the PS4. That would probably be the only one I'd pick up if I didn't play on PC. That shiny remote play support would be awesome if it works out of the gate.

patapuf

That's something you can count on. They have most likely had meetings dedicated to replicating Metro's success. People on forums don't like it, but they are going to make maps according to the number they see playing in bf3.

the most cramped cqc map has been the most popular in every battlefield game of the franchise. So yeah, There will be such a map.

ekim

why do i get the feeling xbox 720 is not coming this holiday. has their been any title scheduled for fall 2013 which are listed for BOTH ps4 and next gen platform aka durango?

Pubs won't say anything about it before it's revealed. But AC4 and Watch_Dogs for example, are announced for "next-generation consoles"...

You must have missed the millions of "take my money" posts following every single announcement.

I know that, and as a business decision it's superb; get customers to pay for a product that at the moment doesn't exist, so that when reviews come out and if they are negative, you still have their money.

Doesn't mean I have to enjoy that this happens.

has their been any title scheduled for fall 2013 which are listed for BOTH ps4 and next gen platform aka durango?

asscree89753.1362247223.jpg

Top Bottom