• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 pre-orders get free "Premium expansion pack", PS4 version confirmed

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome. Assuming I still want a PS4 on launch day, I'll pick up BF4 along with it.

No way to pre-order the 720 version and you can pre-order the PS4 version WITH bonus content?

Microsoft needs to announce their announcement date.

No way to pre-order the 720 version and you can pre-order the PS4 version WITH bonus content?

Microsoft needs to announce their announcement date.

The PS4 version isn't available for pre-order. The situation with that version of the game is weird. Polygon says an EA official confirmed it, but Videogamer.com says that DICE wouldn't comment on next-gen versions.

I'll give it a chance if it's 64 players and 60fps on next gen consoles.

killzone: sf will run with 30 fps. i guess it will be the same with battlefield 4.
however, i played bad company 2 for 200h and i would say that 60 fps is no big deal for a battlefield.
uncharted's mp should run with 60 fps.

Seanspeed

Banned
killzone: sf will run with 30 fps. i guess it will be the same with battlefield 4.
however, i played bad company 2 for 200h and i would say that 60 fps is no big deal for a battlefield.

I can see DICE pushing for 60fps on the next-gen consoles. With their desire to compete with Call of Duty, I think this would be another pretty big 'equalizer' in the competition.

Will get PS4 version. I'm gonna remote play this bitch in my bed on the Vita. Dear Sony, release a Vita Tablet now similar in form factor to the Wii U.

Yes for a vita tablet, no for similar form factor to wiiu. I would prefer an attachable pad so that I can use it without those buttons for other tablet like functions. R2/L2 would be a must though.

With 6+ months of polish for Killzone SF, I'm hoping the framerate will be increased from 30. Locked at 60 would be great, but we'll see.

Hystzen

So what is the difference between standard and premium? I only know about getting content earlier.

Premium is basically a season pass with more goodies it one of the few season passes that is worth the money. So them giving it away for free with pre order bonus is a damn steal it will include all future DLC expansions if it same as BF3 premium

Seanspeed

Banned
So what is the difference between standard and premium? I only know about getting content earlier.

For BF3, Premium gave you all the DLC for $50 and comes with a few [non-competitive] perks. Buying it all seperately, assuming you didn't get the pre-order DLC pack free, would cost $75.

Premium is basically a season pass with more goodies it one of the few season passes that is worth the money. So them giving it away for free with pre order bonus is a damn steal it will include all future DLC expansions if it same as BF3 premium

Um, no? There is no way that this includes all future expansions for $10 more when they sold BF3 Premium for $50 and did very well. It says 'Bonus content', not 'all bonus content' or 'all future bonus content'.

Grief.exe

They said it includes a Premium Expansion Pack

That means just a few maps, like with Back to Karkand for BF3.

They are not giving away all of the DLC for a pre order.

We are witnessing the death of FPS before our very eyes.

Hystzen

Um, no? There is no way that this includes all future expansions for $10 more when they sold BF3 Premium for $50 and did very well. It says 'Bonus content', not 'all bonus content' or 'all future bonus content'.

I did say at end IF its like BF3 Premium not saying it going be exact same. It will just end up like BF3 with Back To Karkland expansion given free

Blitzzz

I know that, and as a business decision it's superb; get customers to pay for a product that at the moment doesn't exist, so that when reviews come out and if they are negative, you still have their money.

Doesn't mean I have to enjoy that this happens.

I think it's better than the millions people pour in for kickstarter stuff that may never exist...

LtOrange

I like playing shooters on consoles over PC and can't wait to play this on ps4. BC1 & 2 were a ton of fun on ps3 but I switched over to PC for BF3 for the full experience. If I can get the PC experience with a controller and on my couch, I am sold on next gen.

Grief.exe

I think it's better than the millions people pour in for kickstarter stuff that may never exist...

Two very different things.

a Pre-Order is just giving your money to a company. The product will be there, but they have no reason to care about the quality or your experience, they already have your money.

Kickstarter is an investment in an ideology.

I like playing shooters on consoles over PC and can't wait to play this on ps4. BC1 & 2 were a ton of fun on ps3 but I switched over to PC for BF3 for the full experience. If I can get the PC experience with a controller and on my couch, I am sold on next gen.

You can already play BF3 on PC with a controller on your couch.

Welcome to Next Gen...we've been there since 2010 apparently.

I'm really curious if they could evolve on the 'playing with randoms' experience. Playing BF3 with randoms when friends aren't around sucks. They are getting there with objectives and bonuses for teamwork, but there are still ways to go.

Rumors are that a commander type of role is back right? Wonder how that plays in these dyas.

LtOrange

You can already play BF3 on PC with a controller on your couch.

Welcome to Next Gen...we've been there since 2010 apparently.

Yea but I can't really compete against mouse and keyboard players if I am using a controller. I love my PC but I have always enjoyed consoles for my shooters since that is where a majority of my friends are. 64 player battles with high end graphics on a PlayStation gets me really excited even though I can do it already on a PC.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
EA has confirmed it is coming to the PS4...which in turn, confirms it to the Xbox 720.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/27/4151852/battlefield-4-17-minute-trailer

The game is coming to the Windows PC, PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360, according to Electronic Arts officials. While the PS4 edition is not currently listed on the official pre-order site for the game, an Electronic Arts official confirmed that the game is coming to the platform.

Er...or am I missing something here? :D

Top Bottom