• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
This reminds me of the BF: Vietnam launch, which was by far one of the worst launch experiences I've had. It extended into not only technical issues, but also crazy balancing issues.

Mikey Jr.

Sort of. Single player runs fine on my PS4, but chances seem high that you will lose your save data. Multiplayer works in certain modes, but not others. You also may get kicked from your server for no reason.

Yeah, the fuck is up with that? Cleared a good section of the shanghai level, and then when I went to play again, I was back at the beginning of the level.

Dartastic

Yeah, the fuck is up with that? Cleared a good section of the shanghai level, and then when I went to play again, I was back at the beginning of the level.

I beat two or three full levels, and when I went to show my friends the game last night I had to start from the beginning. Yay.

This game is such a piece of shit. So glad I got this for free and have other games to play on PS4. If this were the only game I bought I'd be so pissed.

Dartastic

This game is such a piece of shit. So glad I got this for free and have other games to play on PS4. If this were the only game I bought I'd be so pissed.
The sad thing is that if these bugs weren't occurring, it would be really good. However, in the state it's in it never should have shipped. There's no way the single player progress dump bug wasn't caught before it shipped. There's no freaking way.

daman824

This is an incredibly stupid move on EA's part. Now, when all the dudebros buy this game, they're going to try getting into multiplayer for a few minutes, disconnect over and over again, move back to CoD, and never look back.

Ghosts isn't anything special on ps4, but at least I can get into a game quickly and play without worrying about disconnecting.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I really wish they would try to show they care about the people who bought their game and say something like, "we hear you and we are working hard to fix it." Instead I get something like, "That's odd. You must have a problem or PSN is down or here's a link to a worthless FAQs we made that will make you feel even more helpless."

Steel

Banned
I really wish they would try to show they care about the people who bought their game and say something like, "we hear you and we are working hard to fix it." Instead I get something like, "That's odd. You must have a problem or PSN is down or here's a link to a worthless FAQs we made that will make you feel even more helpless."

To be fair, we're talking about EA here.

Shady859

Wow I can't get past the damn title screen, after you press a button it crashes and I get report error screen and hen it said my save is corrupted. Luckily I on played online so far.

Nymphae

Banned
Is anyone else getting corrupt save files when playing campaign? I've played the first hour 3 times now, I wait for it to save before quitting and everything appears fine. When I start it again I get a message saying my save is corrupt and it's going to overwrite. Wtf is going on?

Steel

Banned
Wow I can't get past the damn title screen, after you press a button it crashes and I get report error screen and hen it said my save is corrupted. Luckily I on played online so far.

Reinstalling helps.

Edit: And Nymph, everyone is having that problem.

On the Xbox 360, when I played Battlefield 4 online, I never needed an Origin account (from what I know). Trying to do the same on the PS4 now, it won't let me do anything without making one.

Is that really the case? Or could it be due to whatever issues the game is having?

if you played an EA Xbox 360 game online, you've already made an Origin account that's tied to your gamertag.

I played one round of rush and got spanked and decided I'd wait until they fix the servers so I can get a squad with my clan going.

Mully

Guess I'll have to play Rush for a few more days. It's so lonely at the beginning of this console launch.

Add me: FuriousBearMan

see5harp

Not even being able to play their shitty campaign is so ghetto. My friend who came over to check out multiplayer is cracking up at how ghetto this launch is.

Lebron

As someone who just bought the BF4 PS4 bundle and is waiting for it to be delivered, this thread is troubling.

Dat big ass paperweight

falconbox

Banned
BF4 keeps crashing to the XMB for me. I've deleted and reinstalled multiple times.

As a previous Xbox owner switching to PS, if this is what I should expect from PSN in general, I may just return my PS4 or sell it on ebay within a few weeks. I won an Xbox One through the Every2Minutes deal anyway. It's almost 2014. To not have a functioning online service is just beyond me.

-no notifications of friends signing online

-have to install updates separately from downloading them

-have to "sync" trophies just to view them (whatever the hell that means)

realcZk

BF4 kept crashing until I deleted my "corrupted save" data in the Save management section of settings, as well as the online saves.

There's also currently an issue where if you stream BF4 on twitch there's no audio at all.

Ellite25

BF4 keeps crashing to the XMB for me. I've deleted and reinstalled multiple times.

As a previous Xbox owner switching to PS, if this is what I should expect from PSN in general, I may just return my PS4 or sell it on ebay within a few weeks. I won an Xbox One through the Every2Minutes deal anyway. It's almost 2014. To not have a functioning online service is just beyond me.

There used to be notifications for that, but I have no idea why they aren't there now. That's odd.

As far as the PSN experience in general, it's the day after launch dude. Not surprising there are some issues. However, this BF4 issue is on them not Sony. KZ is fine and so is COD. Blacklight was broken but Zombie fixed it. This is on EA. The game was shit on PC and now it's shit for PS4.

I've been a majority PSN gamer for years and it's fine.

Did you ever play with a ps3 at all last generation? having to sync stuff and install updates separately is annoying but, that is small stuff. It sounds to me like you are talking yourself out of owning a ps4. You could always sell the system if you want and jump back in later when something you want to play comes out.

falconbox

Banned
Did you ever play with a ps3 at all last generation? having to sync stuff and install updates separately is annoying but, that is small stuff. It sounds to me like you are talking yourself out of owning a ps4. You could always sell the system if you want and jump back in later when something you want to play comes out.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I didn't own a PS3 last generation, and would definitely grab a PS4 this generation when some more games come out. But seriously, how have they not figured out how to fix that stuff by now?

Conquest is busted. Only 5 Rush matches in server browser. The rest is TDM, bleh...

Say what you will about CoD, at least their server set up works on day one.

I haven't played any games on my PS4 yet, I'm gonna do that after my exams in the first week of december. Now, BF4 is the only physical game I got, and I'm really looking forward to 64 players do you think it will get into a playable state in 2 weeks? I haven't opened the shrink wrap just in case BF4 is still in bad shape online then I'll probably just get AC4

eroots

Not sure if there is only one server, but I can almost never join a Conquest game and when I do, I am almost booted immediately from the server.

Same happens here. Been playin a lot of domination...at least it works well.. They need to sort this out...not having 64 player games is no good.. Love the game tho, but fox this shit dice.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

How much doritos/mountain dew did you hoard? I ask because I know the things on there have been going for so much. So I assume you didn't accidentally come across enough points to win.

HoTHiTTeR

The biggest bullshit is that the battlefield twitter keeps taking reports of ALL game issues but never responds to anyone who says their Conquest mode is broken on ps4.

I'll cross post from the error code thread, maybe it will help someone out.

If you want to make sure you don't lose single player content, push your saves to the cloud after every mission (you can do this in system settings, assuming you have PS Plus)

If you're getting constant crashes, advice I found that has worked consistently for me: always launch the game signed out of PSN! Singleplayer will work fine, and if you want to play multiplayer only sign in when you're at the game menu.

Not multi, but once you've had the save data corruption error, is it safe to start a new game and play through or is it something that can strike multiple times?

Top Bottom