• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

sangreal

Hey guys, I can't even get this damn game to start. It goes to a blue crash screen every single time at the main menu. Not sure what to do. Going to delete the game install and try again.

sign out of psn. oh, and I hope you didn't get far in the campaign

PBY

Banned
you can change teams in the middle of the game unless they are already out of balance really bad.
I know. Trust me I spent hours trying. Most of the games I got into filled up super quick and them didn't let me switch.

Codiox

Hey guys, I can't even get this damn game to start. It goes to a blue crash screen every single time at the main menu. Not sure what to do. Going to delete the game install and try again.

Man i cant believe this. I mean you bought a game for 60€/$ whatever for a closed system / console and it just doesnt work?? I mean its not like you can just upgrade your drivers or change gpu / RAM.

THIS SHIT HAS TO WORK RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX FFS EA!

GodofWine

This is why I never opened my copy...It may just get returned in exchange for store credit and a PS Store card with which I will upgrade driveclub when it comes to PS+

Thank god for Killzone multi a) working b) being awesome.

Dr Prob

Banned
Not trying to minimize how shitty the whole thing is, but

That being said, the few matches of TDM I played were gorgeous. Coming from PS3 it made my jaw drop. It's so silky smooth.

It really is. Almost distractingly smooth. Felt like the Ice Baby out there. Not ready for this shit!

Luckily, neither is the game so we'll ease into it together.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not trying to minimize how shitty the whole thing is, but

It really is. Almost distractingly smooth. Felt like the Ice Baby out there. Not ready for this shit!

Luckily, neither is the game so we'll ease into it together.
No the game looks damn good.

I like how when you boot it up, in big red letters it says "IF YOU WANT TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER BE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR PS PLUS BEFORE YOU JOIN A MATCH!"

Look assholes-that's the LEAST of your worries. The game doesn't even work!

Steel

Banned
Man i cant believe this. I mean you bought a game for 60€/$ whatever for a closed system / console and it just doesnt work?? I mean its not like you can just upgrade your drivers or change gpu / RAM.

THIS SHIT HAS TO WORK RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX FFS EA!

It's server issues not graphical. Game plays smooth till it boots you out.

Codiox

It's server issues not graphical. Game plays smooth till it boots you out.

It was just an example,i mean you cant do anything about the game not booting. On a pc you got the option to tweak a little bit to make it work.

meanspartan

I almost was gonna get angry....then I realized its all my fault. How many times does dice have to drop the ball at launch before I realize not to buy bf games at launch. Fool me multiple times, shame on me.

BoatAck

Has anyone had their game freeze while in a match when you try to invite a friend? It happened to me the one time I tried. It also happened to a friend when he tried to invite me.

Another quirk I had was my controller input ceased working while in a match after I went to the dashboard to read a message from a friend. I had to quit the game and when I booted the game back up I received a corrupted file message.

I hope they fix this stuff soon, cuz when it works it's fun as hell.

Steel

Banned
I was able to get into one game of rush but conquest is busted from me.

I've gotten into a total of 3 games of conquest with less than 20 people each and got booted in the first 10 minutes on each of them.

Edit: Here's my fourth try at conquest. I'll get back to you.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is not a PS4 exclusive issue, all versions are busted right now.
Kinda crazy since the PS3 Beta was quite smooth

sant

They should compensate us with a free 7 days of PS+ or something, since I can't even play their fucking game online

Steel

Banned
Yep. Had a fun tank vs tank battle got blown up by a helicopter and then connection lost. Damn it Killzone can't download fast enough.

Zacxx201

Banned
So, I shouldn't get this for the PS4 then....I didn't get the PC version because of the BS that's happening.

Battlefield always has launch problems. I'd be more impressed if it worked smoothly. BFBC2's launch was broken for a week or two, same as BF3. They'll iron it out.

Coming from a console only BF player, playing a true 64 player battlefield match was my most anticipated next gen experience. Needless to say, I'm really annoyed.

Say what you will about it, I've been playing CoD on PS4 as well and it runs like a dream.

That's weird. I had zero issues joining multiple TDM games with close to 32 people in each for a good couple hours. I had a really great first impression of the multiplayer after being turned off on the PC version during the beta.

I'm a bit worried about booting the game up again now if problems are happening for a lot of people.

Steel

Banned
You know what's confusing me? You can filter the game by server type, official, ranked, unranked and private. Yet the only servers available are official, and there's no way to make any other type of servers. They gonna add this in later or is EA being stupidly sloppy?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's weird. I had zero issues joining multiple TDM games with close to 32 people in each for a good couple hours. I had a really great first impression of the multiplayer after being turned off on the PC version during the beta.

I'm a bit worried about booting the game up again now if problems are happening for a lot of people.
TDM works conquest doesn't and there are a bunch of 0/32 or 0/64 servers for certain modes.

Crash crash crash. This is so disappointing. I'd sit and play this game for hours but it's crashing literally every 15 minutes and I'm only trying to play TDM.

Mikey Jr.

If I go quickmatch, rush works quite well. I can play 2 full games. For some reason, I'll get to the middle of the third, and it'll just freeze and kick me back to the title screen, tell me I lost the connection. Every single fucking time.

Dartastic

So is this game even functional at this point? I haven't opened mine yet and I'm trying to return it somewhere that doesn't need a receipt.
Sort of. Single player runs fine on my PS4, but chances seem high that you will lose your save data. Multiplayer works in certain modes, but not others. You also may get kicked from your server for no reason.

Steel

Banned
So is this game even functional at this point? I haven't opened mine yet and I'm trying to return it somewhere that doesn't need a receipt.

Server-wise only for small games. Single player you're likely to get a corrupt save file before you finish.

majik13

Ive found that I cant get into any server through the server browser. i get several different erros and problems.

Though i have no problem getting into a game through quick match. I have been able to play through several rounds with no issues, though i have been booted or loose connection some times. Even being booted back to the XMB.

Also, so lame they have removed squading up before matches. makes it such a pain to play with friends.

I have found the best way to join friends is, wait till they are in a game, then that serer shows up in the MP menu. I join from there. and then if I am on the wrong team, then go to the squad menu and switch teams. Such a pain though.

I REALLY REALLY hope they add the ability to squad up before a round.

Top Bottom