• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 6 will be "heavily influenced by Battlefield 3"; also coming to PS4 and Xbox One

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
A mixture of Bad Company 2 & Battlefield 3 would be the sweet spot for me. There were things from both of those games I really liked.

A Modern setting really does a lot to get me excited about Battlefield again. I hope the Campaign has a bit more thought put in to it though. Honestly can't remember anything from the BF3/BF4 campaigns.
giphy.gif

LucidFlux

Assuming this is true there will be no cross-gen play since both versions will be different, but hopefully there will be cross platform between PS5 and XsX to offset the lower player counts.

Kenpachii

DICE?
You think DICE is a dumpster dev team?

Its not that im confused its just that im very very confused.
DICE are in the top 1% of dev teams.....hell when DICE announces they are at SIGGRAPH or GDC other higher level teams take notice.

BFV has been their weakest title outright in a long time.
BF3 was great, just plain great rubberbanding be damned.
BF4 End Game was brilliant and probably best team MP game of lastgen.
BF1 started really slow due to limited customization, but they kept supporting it and eventually gave all the DLC for free.
BFront was outright a great title
BFront II beyond the mtx debacle at launch was actually a good game....once they fixed the mtx situation its probably the best Star Wars game since like forever.

Its not about there game engines and past games its about there racist and sexist developers that push out a sjw agenda through the roof to the point they basically state everybody that doesn't aligh with them are deplorables and shit on there consumer base while they are it.

The whole company is straight up human trash, its so bad they couldn't contain it even within there own walls anymore but displayed it every day they advertised there BF5 game because it was that cancerious already.

Sorry but unless they come out cull the entire teams + higher ups that simple allow this to happen, i won't be buying from them ever again. Have fun supporting those groups of radicals if you want tho. And keep empowering them. I won't.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Its not about there game engines and past games its about there racist and sexist developers that push out a sjw agenda through the roof to the point they basically state everybody that doesn't aligh with them are deplorables and shit on there consumer base while they are it.

The whole company is straight up human trash, its so bad they couldn't contain it even within there own walls anymore but displayed it every day they advertised there BF5 game because it was that cancerious already.

Sorry but unless they come out cull the entire teams + higher ups that simple allow this to happen, i won't be buying from them ever again. Have fun supporting those groups of radicals if you want tho. And keep empowering them. I won't.
I have no idea what you are talking about and i dont really care.
So well just have to agree to disagree.

On Topic.
Looking forward to BF6 and cant wait to see what they have learnt from their past mistakes.
It being influenced by BF3 bodes well in my book.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I didn't play BFV, but played a bit of BF1 and BF3 way back.

I don't know if BFV solved it, but in my brief experience playing BF games, they got to tidy up the lobbies and UI. The UI is a clusterfuck of LB/RB tabs and I don't know one game that bombs out or freezes as much as these games. Hard crashes, reboots, can't get people in the same game even though it looks like everyone is in the lobby etc....

Last edited:

Imotekh

As long as they don't reprise BF3's aesthetic I'm happy - the blue tint and "every light source is brighter than the sun" thing, coupled with lens flare and digital distortion affects in the hud really made it an eyesore.

The gameplay was great however. It's hard to fuck up the fun factor in a 64v64 map with helicopters

Top Bottom