• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Rew said:
Same thing happened to me. I was having trouble linking my Gamertag to my EA ID, so I contacted support and had them do that, which is fine, but then I log into Battlefield, all my VIP and preorder DLC is gone! Worse yet all my day one DLC for my other EA games are gone too. Cerberus Network, Midnight Show, Dragon Age Stone Prisoner and armors....

I am not happy with EA right now.
The stupid codes are probably only tied to the annoying EA Accounts.

Eric WK

v3hu6o.jpg

I don't think that's my highest kill count (and it's certainly not my highest score), but that was a fun game. Love winning Isla Inocentes as Attackers.

Flambe

BattleMonkey said:
Is the M1 turned off on certain servers or something? I got it as unlocked in my menu, but I can never choose it in game

Same =[ And I been on a lot of random servers, haven't once seen it.

AstroMan

Banned
Rew said:
Same thing happened to me. I was having trouble linking my Gamertag to my EA ID, so I contacted support and had them do that, which is fine, but then I log into Battlefield, all my VIP and preorder DLC is gone! Worse yet all my day one DLC for my other EA games are gone too. Cerberus Network, Midnight Show, Dragon Age Stone Prisoner and armors....

I am not happy with EA right now.

Thank God it wasn't just me.

mbmonk

Gaf server is back up and running.

Fucking EA and Punkbuster....

They tell you to turn off PB, then after you do they make your ranked server unjoinable... thanks.

Eric WK

Rapping Granny said:
WTF did anyone else get a message that your skill level has being reset to 0?

Unless you actually suck, it's just the game being stupid. Go to the leader board and it will show you the correct skill level.

mbmonk said:
Gaf server is back up and running.

Fucking EA and Punkbuster....

They tell you to turn off PB, then after you do they make your ranked server unjoinable... thanks.
Is it back to Rush?

*edit* nope, still conquest

eek5

daw840 said:
There is something so very satisfying about "sniping" a sniper, while he is aiming at you, with an LMG and iron sights from across the map.:D
If you want to get them angry do it with a shotgun w/ 12g slugs. :lol

Flambe said:
Same =[ And I been on a lot of random servers, haven't once seen it.

I found one server where it worked but it was unfortunately a hardcore server which I'm not a huge fan of. Other than that I've had zero luck using it.

Kibbles

Menelaus said:
27,000+ round and I forget the XBOX supposedly has a screenshot feature...
Start + Select. I've taken tons of screenshots, but I have no idea where to find them. I'm guessing they would be under the "My Soldier" page or w/e on the official site, but they've taken that down...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kibbles said:
Start + Select. I've taken tons of screenshots, but I have no idea where to find them. I'm guessing they would be under the "My Soldier" page or w/e on the official site, but they've taken that down...

Sonofabitch, why didn't I figure this out earlier =/.

Edit: Why the fuck does switching kits take priority over arming the fucking M-COM /rage.

Killthee

Pankaks said:
Why the fuck does switching kits take priority over arming the fucking M-COM /rage.
So freaking annoying! Especially when you're trying to disarm an M-COM littered with kits.

Eric WK said:
Unless you actually suck, it's just the game being stupid. Go to the leader board and it will show you the correct skill level.

No, when I booted the game up this afternoon, a message shows up saying that my skill level is being reset back to zero and that get back to working for it again.

I should have took a screenshot of it.

The killcam in this game is so annoying, hate when a server has it on. It lasts a long time and you can't skip out of it, then you gotta then wait for your respawn timer to start after.

dkeane

Can someone tell me what determines my skill level? I'm doing really well but my skill level is low compared to others on my stat list.

Aurora

dkeane said:
Can someone tell me what determines my skill level? I'm doing really well but my skill level is low compared to others on my stat list.
If it's anything like Bad Company 1, the lower the skill level the better. Only the best player in the world could be ranked skill level 1 too IIRC.

I just dont get it.

On 1 map, im putting a few bullets into people and there dropping quickly, the next map, there taking over half a mag and still not dieng. Whats going on :'(

dkeane said:

I think it has to do with a high K/D ratio, plus a combination of things that DICE will never tell us.

I remember someone saying on the EA forums that at what rank you kill someone and what rank someone kills you plays a big part as well.

Say for example, you have a few awesome games with high level players and you own them. This will boost your skill level.

Now when some low rank starts owning your ass (nemesis), this will lower your skill level.

All in all, we really don't know.

Aurora said:
If it's anything like Bad Company 1, the lower the skill level the better. Only the best player in the world could be ranked skill level 1 too IIRC.

In BC2, it's definitely the higher the better. Looking at the PS3 leaderboards, there is only one guy with a skill level at 201.

vixlar

huacst21 said:
I think it has to do with a high K/D ratio, plus a combination of things that DICE will never tell us.

I remember someone saying on the EA forums that at what rank you kill someone and what rank someone kills you plays a big part as well.

Say for example, you have a few awesome games with high level players and you own them. This will boost your skill level.

Now when some low rank starts owning your ass (nemesis), this will lower your skill level.

All in all, we really don't know.

Eeeh... a n00b question. In that number... less is better or more is better?

I bought this game based on the great reviews. Really trying to like it, but so far I don't see how it's better than MW2 in any way. It's a little more realistic, but realism doesn't necessarily equate to fun. I'm not going to give up on it though...hopefully it will click with me at some point. But the clunky controls, subpar graphics, and SLOW leveling system are making that kind of hard.

No_Style

Just played 2+ hours and I did not win a single match through multiple servers. It seemed like every server I went to was stacked with LVL 10+ players on the opposing team. To top it off, I have a sub 1.00 K/D ratio to start things off. Sigh.

On the bright side, I love how the game feels and runs. :D

Drewsky

ArachosiA 78 said:
I bought this game based on the great reviews. Really trying to like it, but so far I don't see how it's better than MW2 in any way. It's a little more realistic, but realism doesn't necessarily equate to fun. I'm not going to give up on it though...hopefully it will click with me at some point. But the clunky controls, subpar graphics, and SLOW leveling system are making that kind of hard.
I don't know dude, I'm way more into this game than I ever was MW2. Guess it's just a matter of taste.

Killthee said:
The Pre-order code gives you Squad Rush & the AK, while the VIP code unlocks Nelson Bay for Rush & Laguna Alta for Conquest and gives you access to the first map pack (Arica Harbor for Conquest and Laguna Presa for Rush).

What's this "preorder code"? Gamestop? Because I preordered it from Steam.

Also I'm trying to join the GAF server and it keeps saying "connection to the game server has been lost. please check your network connection and try again" just when I simply try to join the server. What gives? Haven't had this problem yet.

ArachosiA 78 said:

PC ftw.

Animator

Killthee said:
So freaking annoying! Especially when you're trying to disarm an M-COM littered with kits.

It is the same dumb shit that is in MW2 as well. If a couple people dies around the objective you are fucked. All you do is pick up kits. I literally circled the mcom for 45 seconds trying to find a arm spot before they spotted and killed me, it is rage inducing :(

Lunchbox said:
BOMBA

1 Modern Warfare 2
2 Halo 3
3 Call of Duty: WaW
4 FIFA 10
5 Battlefield Bad Co. 2
6 Call of Duty 4
7 GTA IV (Purchase the full game for direct download )
8 Toy Soldiers
9 Gears of War 2
10 Left 4 Dead 2

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/03/09/live-activity-for-week-of-march-1.aspx

WTF is wrong with you? Seriously, you trolled it in the Live activity thread and now you come in here like a 12 year old boy swinging this list like you're an Activision shareholder or one of Kotick's cheap whores.

First of all, that list mean jack shit on how the game is doing, it's up against multi million sellers that already have a large install base.

Week of November 23rd
Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)

1 Modern Warfare 2
2 Halo 3
3 Call of Duty 4
4 Call of Duty: WaW
5 Assassin's Creed II
6 Left 4 Dead 2 (Download the Demo)
7 1 vs 100
8 GTA IV (Purchase the full game)
9 Madden NFL 10 (Download the demo)
10 FIFA 10

This was AssCreed II launch week, the game has already shipped more than 8 million.

Animator said:
It is the same dumb shit that is in MW2 as well. If a couple people dies around the objective you are fucked. All you do is pick up kits. I literally circled the mcom for 45 seconds trying to find a arm spot before they spotted and killed me, it is rage inducing :(

Ignore the kits and just hold down the button to disarm. You'll pick up the random kit, but it'll do the arm/disarm action too.

M_A_C

Killthee said:
The Pre-order code gives you Squad Rush & the AK, while the VIP code unlocks Nelson Bay for Rush & Laguna Alta for Conquest and gives you access to the first map pack (Arica Harbor for Conquest and Laguna Presa for Rush).

I preordered from Walmart.com... How do I get the code?

I apologize to any all 360 BC2 Gaffers that played with me(UR BUS IS SHORT) tonite, because I had no mic. I actually did have a mic, but it crapped out on me this afternoon. Picking up a new one tommorow. :)

Pete Rock

Finally able to play again, great times! Snagged the UMP for my Engy and started rocking the other kits. Had a hilarious game with randoms on Nelson Bay where the enemy was dug in deep on the last B facility, so I pulled up the trailer UAV and started spotting across the lake. I'd flank each corner and spot the point defenders and help move a squad or two into B to arm, but as the enemies respawned they kept flooding in the backside while my spotting was cooling down. Three or four rounds of this and I've knocked all the walls down, and we're down to our last 5 tickets as I see the enemy rush in to disarm once again. I desperately swing the UAV down through a blown out wall and jam it back and forth, splattering 5 guys who were putting automatic fire on my squads near the M-com. As my UAV spins out of control the station explodes and we win with 1 ticket remaining :lol

vixlar said:
Eeeh... a n00b question. In that number... less is better or more is better?
I heard it's based on number relting to kills deaths wins and the amount of time you play so pretty much it's meaning less.

Killthee

MisterAnderson said:
What's this "preorder code"? Gamestop? Because I preordered it from Steam.

Also I'm trying to join the GAF server and it keeps saying "connection to the game server has been lost. please check your network connection and try again" just when I simply try to join the server. What gives? Haven't had this problem yet.

PC ftw.

M_A_C said:
I preordered from Walmart.com... How do I get the code?
Gamestop exclusive.
Mizzou Gaming said:
Its in the box as long as you bought it new.
The VIP code is in the box, the preorder code was only given out to gamestop preorders.

derFeef

Yay! I managed to fly the apache and kill two(!) tanks. My problem was simply the inversed control (I needed to inverse it, feels more natural) and the takeoff. Once I am in the air I am good to go.

Killthee said:
Gamestop exclusive.

The VIP code is in the box, the preorder code was only given out to gamestop preorders.
Oh that's right, forgot about that. Sorry for the bad info, and thanks for pointing that out.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You maniac :lol.

I can't even get that "Knife four dudes in a round" medal.

derFeef

Heh, that squad must have been deaf and blind then. I never manage to kill more than 2 because stabbing someone is loud as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom