• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Battleblog #5: Persisting Persistance

demolitio

I found the nade launcher to be extremely helpful to defend the objectives after I armed them but it's not like having it automatically made me stop reviving people and being a team player. You can take the route as a total medic or go more towards the BF2/BC2 Assault route while still being able to revive players and not being able to drop ammo just to rearm the nade launcher.

It's a good support weapon and that's it but using a certain weapon doesn't automatically make you a "noob" or worthless to your team. It's the player that counts and not to the tools...Otherwise, the sniper class wouldn't exist.

But the Grenade Launcher in the article sounds like they're talking about and under barrel grenade launcher.

I think I'm expecting that you can either choose between the under barrel grip or a grenade launcher, or a smoke grenade launcher, or a shotgun.

That's what I would imagine the under batter customization options will be like for say, the first primary on the assault class. They're not talking about the Medkit Grenade launcher in this article are they?

It specifically says:

But if you would prefer to switch your add-ons to, say, an underslung grenade launcher with 40mm grenades, go ahead!

Personally I think the M320 is an EXTRA Grenade launcher, so if you have the 'underslung' grenade launcher you could also have the M320. Does the M320 fire 40mm Grenades? I can't remember? Could it be that the 320 is a larger launcher and the 'underslung' one is a smaller one?

This is what I imagine they are talking about.

But in that case. Who in their right might as an assault is going to chose a Grip of an underslung grenade or smoke grenade launcher? Like... Okay less recoil and better accuracy is a little better, but over having more grenades? I dunno about that... I suppose it depends on the map, but in most cases I'd be taking the smoke grenades.

zugzug

So how many factions are in the game?

WIll you earn ribbons for X amount of time spent playing as one of the many factions.

Azriell

Always amazes me how adverse to unlocks some people are. I agree that it's absolute horse shit when these unlocks put you at a significant disadvantage (such as MW2, where Cold Blooded was like 35, which is fucking horrible for a hardcore player), but if they're only slight upgrades, or sidegrades that prove useful in other situations, or fun meaningless shit, then what's the big deal? Unlocks can extend the life of 10 maps quite a bit for many.

MikeTyson

Banned
RibbedHero said:
I was stating how useless the reward was for buying MoH. 48 fucking hours? Thats it?
useless is buying a game for a beta.

seriously, story mode was the best modern combat game I've played

Makoto

MikeTyson said:
This.

Bought the PS3 version of Medal of Honor. Bought it for the game and Frontline remastered. Beta was just a second thought.

demolitio

ColonialRaptor said:
But the Grenade Launcher in the article sounds like they're talking about and under barrel grenade launcher.

I think I'm expecting that you can either choose between the under barrel grip or a grenade launcher, or a smoke grenade launcher, or a shotgun.

That's what I would imagine the under batter customization options will be like for say, the first primary on the assault class. They're not talking about the Medkit Grenade launcher in this article are they?

It specifically says:

Personally I think the M320 is an EXTRA Grenade launcher, so if you have the 'underslung' grenade launcher you could also have the M320. Does the M320 fire 40mm Grenades? I can't remember? Could it be that the 320 is a larger launcher and the 'underslung' one is a smaller one?

This is what I imagine they are talking about.

But in that case. Who in their right might as an assault is going to chose a Grip of an underslung grenade or smoke grenade launcher? Like... Okay less recoil and better accuracy is a little better, but over having more grenades? I dunno about that... I suppose it depends on the map, but in most cases I'd be taking the smoke grenades.

No, the M320 is separate on some weapons but it's underslung on the G3 in the alpha and still takes the spot. I'm not sure what weapons will have it on there since it's weird that the M16 didn't, but they're definitely the same thing and shoot 40mm. So it's not an attachment but a class skill if the alpha is anything to go by. I doubt they'll allow people to double dip on launchers since it's the same thing and it's for the assault class only still so it'd make sense if it was a class unlock.

Hell, I had a hard time getting used to it on the G3 since it's a different sight so I never got that down, but it's going to be a good support weapon with a few chances and that's it. It serves a BIG purpose even on the alpha map considering you can fire one down range at a guy who's prone and shooting from cover where no one can get a shot off on him or close enough to throw a nade. That's when I used it the most. Also, considering the buildings on some of the maps similar to the end of Op. Metro where you can use those nades to expose the guys hiding in the buildings. Only the engineer could help there as well so it's always nice to have an option to help support the team even if it isn't points.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't have to be an overpowered "noob" weapon that makes players automatically become shitty assault players that don't help the team at all. I could still revive people and did, but I could also reach enemies that no one else could so it was a big help even if we didn't get points for it. I turned the tide of a match one time by clearing an MCOMM station with it and we were able to advance and win as attackers.

MikeTyson said:

seriously, story mode was the best modern combat game I've played

I never bought the game. I was just responding to the guy who was looking forward to the early beta by telling him it was coming to him a mere 48 hours before it turns open.

Top Bottom