• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline Making Atleast 10 More Change Before Release

flkraven

Copying and pasting the whole thing since it is a blog post from Battlefield.com:

This edition of the Community’s Most Wanted List continues to outline more of the fixes and improvements we are making to multiplayer in Battlefield Hardline. Here are 10 more things we’ve learned from the beta that we’re putting into the game. We want to reinforce how important your feedback has been – we have a lot of other awesome changes underway and will be sharing more soon!

1. REDUCING FREQUENCY OF EXPLOSIVES
We have heard your complaints about breaking the cops and robbers experience with the amount of heavy explosive weaponry available – but we didn’t want to sacrifice fun! We’ve made changes to reduce the frequency of explosive use to focus on the core gameplay, and we’ve made the use of explosives much more believable now.

2. REBALANCING AND RENAMING THE MECHANIC CLASS
We’ve made the class better in more situations – without sacrificing his ability to take down a vehicle. We’re also looking at renaming it – post your favourite suggestions in the comments!

3. REVISITING THE IN-GAME HUD
We’re working on establishing a clearer visual difference from BF4 and improving the messaging of the in-game HUD, from objectives to player status information.

4. REVISITING THE CUSTOMIZE SCREEN
We’ve taken a new pass at how the customize screen is laid out, and are making it clearer and easier to manage your gear and weapon attachments. This should address the majority of issues reported.

5. MAKING THE WORLD DEEPER AND MORE INTERACTIVE
We’ve been working on adding more touches to the game world, giving players more options and things to do that impact play. Look for interactive objects like doors, radios, ammo lockers, and more!

6. MAKING ROUNDS LAST LONGER
A significant amount of feedback during the Beta was received regarding the quick progression of rounds. We’ve made tweaks to both Heist and Blood Money that should help make the experiences last longer without sacrificing any of the fun.

7. INCREASING TRANSPORT VEHICLE HEALTH
There were a lot of comments about cars dying too easily from gunfire. We agree that one magazine from the AKM should probably not turn your sedan into a 4-person death trap quite so easily. We’ve also increased the survivability of the utility van.

8. IMPROVING AUDIO SITUATIONAL AWARENESS
In some of our game modes, situational awareness is very important. We’re working on improving the audio cues in the environment to help you detect and locate your enemies before they do the same to you.

9. MEDKITS AND AMMO BOXES SHOULD NO LONGER BLOCK L.O.S. CHECKS FOR REVIVE
Previously, you could fail to revive someone if a medkit or ammo bag was blocking the line of sight check for the revive mechanic. We are fixing this so that these no longer block you from reviving.

10. IMPROVING INTERROGATION
We’ve worked out some changes to the T62 CEW and the Interrogation mechanic. We’re working on making Interrogation only show enemies in a radius around the captured enemy, but show the marked enemies as if they had been Active Spotted by a teammate – making it both more useful and less powerful at the same time.

Come back to the site to check in and see the latest CMW lists – and to voice your opinion, we read the comments. We are doing our best to create an awesome MP experience, and in coming days we are revealing a ton of new multiplayer details including information on maps, modes, guns, gadgets and our single player campaign.

We want to hear your feedback!

Source: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/07/bfh-community-most-wanted-list-2

What do you think GAF?

While it is nice that they are listening to the community, I think this is getting ridiculous. With all of the issues that BF4 had, these changes just feel like they are still sitting on an incomplete game which is due out in a handful of months. Making the world more interactive and entirely changing the hud? Shouldn't they have thought of these things before release? They can't even commit on a decent name for the 'mechanic' class?

Mengetsu

In before this is a mod comments.

I'm excited for the game. I couldn't stop playing it when I had it so the changes can only make it better. Can't wait to see the other modes as well.

meptrep

Seems like a decent list of improvements to make but I still have wonder if they'll even implement all of them.

Nokterian

Prepare to be broken on release. Played 30 min of it during the beta and then kicked it right off my pc. And the nerve they ask 60 euro's for it baffles me even more.

BPoole

I hope Hardline turns out to be a much more polished game than BF4 was. I wish Visceral/DICE the best on their efforts for this game, but I can't justify buying it due to how badly I got burned by BF4

jediyoshi

You realize they probably went with 10 because it's a tidy number and not something indicative either way of the total amount of changes come release?

Mister D

The only change I'm interested in is them announcing this as a BF4 expansion pack for $30 bucks like Vietnam was for BC2. Fuck paying $60 for this game and dropping more for Premium for it as well. I'll just stick to BF4 and play the next two Premium map packs and other games until BF5 comes out. And this is coming from a self-professed Battlefield whore who's gobbled up everything BF related after being addicted to the series from my first real exposure to it with BF1943 on PS3 after not playing much of BC1.

jediyoshi

can't think of any beta in recent years where the final product was any different than the beta aka glorified demo.

Can you define different? Are you talking about changing the entire genre of a game between beta to release?

legacyzero

Banned
Prepare to be broken on release. Played 30 min of it during the beta and then kicked it right off my pc. And the nerve they ask 60 euro's for it baffles me even more.
I know you werent happy with BF4. You post about it constantly. But Visceral have put out some pretty great games. I think at this point, you're being pretty over-dramatic.

You DO realize that you are posting in a POSITIVE BF thread, right? Like, they want to actually IMPROVE the game from the Beta experience. EA may not deserve the benefit of the doubt, but Visceral sure does.

zma1013

Why make the car explode from being shot anyway? that removes realism they seem to be aiming towards here.

These games don't aim to be any more realistic than a Micheal Bay movie. This one in particular makes a bank robbery look like World War 3.

Codiox

Judging a beta as if it were a final product is never fair.

LOL u talk about battlefield which the last time has gone gold 6 months AFTER release.

Give me battlefield 5 in 2016/17 and we will talk. Until then EA can go fuck themselves!

Yuuichi

I hope Hardline turns out to be a much more polished game than BF4 was. I wish Visceral/DICE the best on their efforts for this game, but I can't justify buying it due to how badly I got burned by BF4

I felt that it was substantially improved, but I agree that it should be $40/30 Euro (it felt like a mod).

I know you werent happy with BF4. You post about it constantly. But Visceral have put out some pretty great games. I think at this point, you're being pretty over-dramatic.

You DO realize that you are posting in a POSITIVE BF thread, right? Like, they want to actually IMPROVE the game from the Beta experience. EA may not deserve the benefit of the doubt, but Visceral sure does.

why? because they made a good dead space game 6 years ago?

That doesn't excuse them for making Hardline. Based on the beta it is not a good experience IMO.

The fact that I can pay 60 dollars for it is even more hilarious. This is equivalent to BF2: Special Forces 10 years ago.

Nokterian

Over dramatic? I am just sharing my opinion on this. And truth to be told why should i be positive if i didn't like it at all?

Sojgat

For me to ever pick this up the MP will have to be working perfectly within the first week, and the campaign will need to get rave reviews.

Changing the HUD is definitely a good idea.

LQX

Cant believe Hardline will be a full retail release. Felt like a mod and not even a top tier mod.

Hoodbury

A lot of those changes seem like my exact gripes with the game, so good for them on making changes. I still don't see this as a $60 game unfortunately for them though. Might pick it up sometime next year when it's cheaper.

ctrl+F "performance"

Phrase not found.

yeah, they can keep that game. I got bored of the beta a couple of days in and don't see myself committing to this game.

Is it weird I'm more interested in the single player than the MP? Never thought I'd say that about a Battlefield game. Maybe that's why I don't see this as simply a mod.

jadedm17

The only change I'm interested in is them announcing this as a BF4 expansion pack for $30 bucks like Vietnam was for BC2. Fuck paying $60 for this game and dropping more for Premium for it as well. I'll just stick to BF4 and play the next two Premium map packs and other games until BF5 comes out. And this is coming from a self-professed Battlefield whore who's gobbled up everything BF related after being addicted to the series from my first real exposure to it with BF1943 on PS3 after not playing much of BC1.

In half-defense I paid $30 for BF4 on release at Target. Winter is Toysrus Buy2Get1 so there should be deals.

legacyzero

Banned
why? because they made a good dead space game 6 years ago?

That doesn't excuse them for making Hardline. Based on the beta it is not a good experience IMO.

The fact that I can pay 60 dollars for it is even more hilarious. This is equivalent to BF2: Special Forces 10 years ago.
I'm sure none of that was their decision...

Over dramatic? I am just sharing my opinion on this. And truth to be told why should i be positive if i didn't like it at all?

You didn't like the BETA. But clearly, they are working to make it a better experience, as the OP suggests. You automatically jump to FUCKVISCERAL /EA /DICE/ EVERYTHING on a game that is months away from launch. You do that in every EA/DICE/BF thread that comes up. It's reasonable to be frustrated with EA and DICE (which I still believe it's more EA than DICE). But to go into every thread with any relevance to BF/EA/DICE with that some argument for a game that hasn't even released, is going over-board IMO.

"Played it for 30 minutes! SCREW THAT GAME!!"

I'm all for opinions on everything, and I'm fully respectful of people having them. But are these kinds of opinions objective? Reasonable? Fair?

KingErich

Banned
None of those list of changes say "Cancel Battlefield Hardline".

Haha!

Wanna know a franchise I am not buying ever again? What makes people think this game will turn out any different from the last two? Released to early, won't work as intended at launch, then somewhat patched to kinda work over a half a year later. No thanks!

tanooki27

the beta was so much fun. but not sure about lengthening the matches. if the teams are evenly skilled, the match lasts longer. if the skill match up is skewed, it'll be quick. exactly like it should be.

Hoodbury

the beta was so much fun. but not sure about lengthening the matches. if the teams are evenly skilled, the match lasts longer. if the skill match up is skewed, it'll be quick. exactly like it should be.

one of my complaints was that sometimes a match would last like 2 minutes and then you'd have to wait 2-3 minutes for the next match to start. Was boring and a turn off.

I really do wonder what they did though to make matches last longer? Because ya, like you said a highly organized skilled group should be able to swipe through a game of blood money real fast. So what are they going to do?

Make the timer for grabbing loot from the center location take longer?
Maybe make it so if a money carrier dies only half of what they are holding drops on the ground?

todahawk

Dude, c'mon. He had a problem with the beta and he's not optimistic. As much as I love Dead Space 1 & 2 Visceral is clearly in the EA fold. Did you forget about Dead Space 3?
It worked from a technical standpoint but it disappointed many.

To get me even vaguely interested in this game their '10 changes' needed to be waaay more far reaching than what I just read. My impression is right in line with 'this is pretty much a mod' and in no way worth $60.

And because this is a 'positive BF thread' no one is allowed to be 'negative'? When did that become a thing? I think legit issues are being discussed.

TheJLC

I will have to see these changes personally to see if the game is truly a game of its own. Because it really was just a mod with cop and robbers theme.

But still it doesn't fix the teamwork mechanics that were missing from this game. This game had more focus on auto-repair, auto-revive, self-resupply which encourages more lone-wolfing rather than teamwork. Anytime teamwork was involved a round ended in less than 5 minutes, which means the game was not made with teamwork in mind.

legacyzero

Banned
Dude, c'mon. He had a problem with the beta and he's not optimistic. As much as I love Dead Space 1 & 2 Visceral is clearly in the EA fold. Did you forget about Dead Space 3?
It worked from a technical standpoint but it disappointed many.

To get me even vaguely interested in this game their '10 changes' needed to be waaay more far reaching than what I just read. My impression is right in line with 'this is pretty much a mod' and in no way worth $60.

And because this is a 'positive BF thread' no one is allowed to be 'negative'? When did that become a thing? I think legit issues are being discussed.

Yeah, and this kind of thing has happened WAY too much from EA, so people have had enough. I get that.

But some of the comments I see regarding the DEVELOPERS are bordering on hyperbole. I'm not defending EA. I'm defending the devs.

BFBC, BC2, and BF3 were excellent games. BF4 was as well. I never had any problems with those games though (Cept lately with BF4 the last few days, oddly).

flkraven

I will have to see these changes personally to see if the game is truly a game of its own. Because it really was just a mod with cop and robbers theme.

But still it doesn't fix the teamwork mechanics that were missing from this game. This game had more focus on auto-repair, auto-revive, self-resupply which encourages more lone-wolfing rather than teamwork. Anytime teamwork was involved a round ended in less than 5 minutes, which means the game was not made with teamwork in mind.

And this is the biggest problem I have had with the direction that the Battlefield series in general has gone. The second they allowed people to remove vital class equips, I knew this series forgot what made it special. Asking an engineer for a repair, only to find out they don't have a repair tool, or asking support for ammunition, only to find out they have none. Just terrible.

Atilac

I bought BF 3 plus premium, BF4 plus premium. They should give me that expansion for free, cause I sure as shit aren't giving them any money for it.

Nokterian

I'm sure none of that was their decision...

You didn't like the BETA. But clearly, they are working to make it a better experience, as the OP suggests. You automatically jump to FUCKVISCERAL /EA /DICE/ EVERYTHING on a game that is months away from launch. You do that in every EA/DICE/BF thread that comes up. It's reasonable to be frustrated with EA and DICE (which I still believe it's more EA than DICE). But to go into every thread with any relevance to BF/EA/DICE with that some argument for a game that hasn't even released, is going over-board IMO.

"Played it for 30 minutes! SCREW THAT GAME!!"

I'm all for opinions on everything, and I'm fully respectful of people having them. But are these kinds of opinions objective? Reasonable? Fair?

I paid 120 euro's for BF4+ Premium..keep in mind that is more money then US Dollars. I paid a lot and i can and will say it because well when your paying for a game i do expect that at launch that not always but at least a good experience, yes there will be bugs and a crash but to be a total clusterfuck at launch made me sick on how bad money can be spend. And so yes i can say fuck you EA/DICE they need to learn from it. And to me this Hardline just feels like a mod and i think it's still disgusting to ask 60 euro's for it. Not even taking the price down towards 30 euro's then maby i could say yes i will buy it.

At this point even if they tell there 'promising' for a better experience i take it with a huge grain of salt.

legacyzero

Banned
I paid 120 euro's for BF4+ Premium..keep in mind that is more money then US Dollars. I paid a lot and i can and will say it because well when your paying for a game i do expect that at launch that not always but at least a good experience, yes there will be bugs and a crash but to be a total clusterfuck at launch made me sick on how bad money can be spend. And so yes i can say fuck you EA/DICE they need to learn from it. And to me this Hardline just feels like a mod and i think it's still disgusting to ask 60 euro's for it. Not even taking the price down towards 30 euro's then maby i could say yes i will buy it.

At this point even if they tell there 'promising' for a better experience i take it with a huge grain of salt.

Now THIS post I can agree with. Makes much more sense.

And damn, that sucks. I still think it's more on EA. DICE is better than that. At lease I hope.

Is one of those changes canceling the game and combining forces with DICE to fix BF4?

Or giving me the game for free, since I shelled out $120 for BF4 + Premium at launch for a game that didn't work?

todahawk

Yeah, and this kind of thing has happened WAY too much from EA, so people have had enough. I get that.

But some of the comments I see regarding the DEVELOPERS are bordering on hyperbole. I'm not defending EA. I'm defending the devs.

BFBC, BC2, and BF3 were excellent games. BF4 was as well. I never had any problems with those games though (Cept lately with BF4 the last few days, oddly).

Yeah, I still consider myself a fan of Visceral and got in on the Dead Space 2 multiplayer beta with CodeCow and the devs. I've been a fan of BF since 1942 and still 'like' Battlefield but I'm extremely wary of anything EA touches regardless of the developer.

I don't necessarily fault Visceral but I think Hardline played it way too safe (based on what we've seen/played). I might check out a demo if they make substantial changes and show me something that makes it worth a purchase but I'm so far away from that right now.

I feel a little bad for Visceral because they wouldn't be facing such scrutiny if EA hadn't botched the BF4 launch. EA has a lot to do to win trust back and for a lot of people what we're seeing in Hardline isn't doing it. The whole idea smacks of something that will sound good on a financials call for the stockholders.

edit: full disclosure... I bought BF4 digitally day 1 on PS4 with Premium. yes I'm still pissed. no I've never completed the SP campaign because of the save corruption. yes, I tried about 10 times before giving up (last attempt was 2 months ago).

Top Bottom