• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline Making Atleast 10 More Change Before Release

Forums are so vile....

Fuck the haters, played the beta and I think its fun. Do people honestly think when they made BF4, they completely scrapped every single asset they have ever made for BF3 and started from complete scratch with all art and assets?? How about COD? How about assassins Creed?? Dark souls? World of warcraft?? Any sequel?

They take the same exact fucking game... and change some art, location, story.. yadda yadda..

Really guys? You want them to remake the entire game each release? Good way to put developers underwater..... Im not saying the game is going to be the best battlefield ever released, but cmon, why so negative? Atleast the guys are making an effort to communicate changes to people.

Well they have no problem charging full price every single time, so...

Besides, there's a massive gulf between changing everything and changing almost nothing, which is what Hardline does.

Forums are so vile....

Fuck the haters, played the beta and I think its fun. Do people honestly think when they made BF4, they completely scrapped every single asset they have ever made for BF3 and started from complete scratch with all art and assets?? How about COD? How about assassins Creed?? Dark souls? World of warcraft?? Any sequel?

They take the same exact fucking game... and change some art, location, story.. yadda yadda..

Really guys? You want them to remake the entire game each release? Good way to put developers underwater..... Im not saying the game is going to be the best battlefield ever released, but cmon, why so negative? Atleast the guys are making an effort to communicate changes to people.

No one expected them to scarp everything with each new release of battlefield but the fact that they have went out to say that, this game isn't an official battlefield sequel (aka its not BF5), and then turn around and charge full price for it, as a standalone game, and release it the same time of the year the last 2 battlefield games were released in. That is principle of the problem with most people with this game and the fact it feels like a mod.

Also World of Warcraft has no sequel, what?

todahawk

There are a lot of unique ideas they could run with but choose not to.

I always thought of the game as cops vs robbers, but I had a Visceral dev explain to me that it's "cops vs paramilitary" and that they can't really stray too far from the Battlefield formula. So the beta was essentially BF4 with new player models and tweaked vehicles.

I just don't see the appeal. BF4 is a better, deeper game, even with the problems.

I get that they can't stray too far from the formula but there needs to be a better hook than what we've seen so far. I'm not expecting a Rainbow 6 level of gunplay change but why isn't this DLC rather than a full price stand alone? Hell, if they dropped the price enough I might be interested. There's just no way in hell I'll pay full price and definitely not day 1.
I don't see the SP being enough to justify any of either. Haven't heard much at all about it since the announcement.

And this is the biggest problem I have had with the direction that the Battlefield series in general has gone. The second they allowed people to remove vital class equips, I knew this series forgot what made it special. Asking an engineer for a repair, only to find out they don't have a repair tool, or asking support for ammunition, only to find out they have none. Just terrible.

Play with friends mang. Makes the experience sooo much better.

ElfArmy177

No one expected them to scarp everything with each new release of battlefield but the fact that they have went out to say that, this game isn't an official battlefield sequel (aka its not BF5), and then turn around and charge full price for it, as a standalone game, and release it the same time of the year the last 2 battlefield games were released in. That is principle of the problem with most people with this game and the fact it feels like a mod.

Also World of Warcraft has no sequel, what?

Expansions.

Anyways, on point, sure its not a direct sequal, but who cares? Neither was God of War ascension? Or Some of the Halo games? Who cares if its a direct sequel or not. If they had said it was, would it have made a difference?

Expansions.

Anyways, on point, sure its not a direct sequal, but who cares? Neither was God of War ascension? Or Some of the Halo games? Who cares if its a direct sequel or not. If they had said it was, would it have made a difference?
Expansions aren't sequels and are technically DLC as it still requires the base game. It simply ads content, much like Battlefield Hardline should be.

What is your point in mentioning WoW again?

And the Halo games were at least different enough to consider them being standalone games. Halo ODST and Reach actually play different enough (especially ODST) to not feel like its a mod of a game.

Winter John

Gold Member
I bought BF4 today. I can't believe the state that game is in. It froze up my PS4 twice. It kicked me out of the game, and back to the PS4's main menu. There was rubber banding like I haven't seen since the release day of Brink, and it would literally crawl to a stop whenever there was more than 3 people on the screen.

You have to admire the sheer brass balls it takes for a company to start talking about releasing their next game when their current game which has been out for 8 months is a fuckin broken mess. Absolutely disgusting. I will never buy another product from DICE that's for sure.

PaNaMa

Banned
Props to these guys for listening, even soliciting feedback. I tried the beta, but it didn't hook me. I'm still kind of getting what I need out of BF4, and even tho they are very different games, it still kind of just feels like a community mod to me. Even if it were free, i don't think I'd spend much time with it.

But I hope it sells, cause obviously a lot of folk are working hard on it.

The overall concept and playstyle doesn't sit well with me. The stuff in the OP were niggles and I'd be glad to see them revise them but it's still not gonna be that fun to play I think

meppi

I bought BF4 today. I can't believe the state that game is in. It froze up my PS4 twice. It kicked me out of the game, and back to the PS4's main menu. There was rubber banding like I haven't seen since the release day of Brink, and it would literally crawl to a stop whenever there was more than 3 people on the screen.

You have to admire the sheer brass balls it takes for a company to start talking about releasing their next game when their current game which has been out for 8 months is a fuckin broken mess. Absolutely disgusting. I will never buy another product from DICE that's for sure.

Welcome to the party! Someone has taken a shit in the punch bowl.

Seriously. Since you bought it today, try to return it and get Wolfenstein or a preorder for Destiny instead. You'll be so much better off.

DarkFlow

Banned

All this, and people still are going crazy over Star Wars Battlefront. That game looks cool, but will a sad broken mess because DICE touched it.

Winter John

Gold Member
Welcome to the party! Someone has taken a shit in the punch bowl.

Seriously. Since you bought it today, try to return it and get Wolfenstein or a preorder for Destiny instead. You'll be so much better off.

Luckily it only cost me £23 and the Destiny beta starts tomorrow. The sad thing is that when it works it's pretty good. I tried sticking to the smaller team matches for conquest and that seemed to work better, athough there was still quite noticeable lag on the Shanghai map

Dead Man

Those all seem like changes for the better, but they barely scratch the surface in terms of the issues that should be addressed. And how in the fuck does a company not realise that those are things that are stupid before pushing out the beta?

Naminator

Banned
Prepare to be broken on release. Played 30 min of it during the beta and then kicked it right off my pc. And the nerve they ask 60 euro's for it baffles me even more.

I played like 15 mins of the beta until I got killed by doing the fence vault animation.

quit.

uninstall.

meppi

Luckily it only cost me £23 and the Destiny beta starts tomorrow. The sad thing is that when it works it's pretty good. I tried sticking to the smaller team matches for conquest and that seemed to work better, athough there was still quite noticeable lag on the Shanghai map

Well that's not too bad.
It can be fun while it works, but it's just way to irregular to be reliable.
One game things can be going great, while the next one on the same server might be beyond terrible.

If you for one reason or another get tempted for any DLC in the future, just pick Naval Strike and don't bother with any of the others as they are pretty terrible, each in their own way. The Naval Strike maps are pretty damn good though. Too bad the base game really isn't up to scratch.

ElfArmy177

Expansions aren't sequels and are technically DLC as it still requires the base game. It simply ads content, much like Battlefield Hardline should be.

What is your point in mentioning WoW again?

And the Halo games were at least different enough to consider them being standalone games. Halo ODST and Reach actually play different enough (especially ODST) to not feel like its a mod of a game.

Reach did not play different... what? infact, wasn't the multiplayer for those games essentially the exact same thing as Halo 3, aside from a few tweaks?? Its the same god damn thing!

Back to wow... really? My point was they reuse assets.. over and over.. even 4 expansions in. Yet still charge 40 for the game.

I don't know.. I think people on forums like to bitch just to bitch. If assassins creed can charge 60 for essentially the same exact game aside from story... then why cant battlefield?

Reach did not play different... what? infact, wasn't the multiplayer for those games essentially the exact same thing as Halo 3, aside from a few tweaks?? Its the same god damn thing!

Back to wow... really? My point was they reuse assets.. over and over.. even 4 expansions in. Yet still charge 40 for the game.

I don't know.. I think people on forums like to bitch just to bitch. If assassins creed can charge 60 for essentially the same exact game aside from story... then why cant battlefield?
Reach and Halo 3 were not the same game and did not reuse the same assets for everything not only that Reach came out 3 years after Halo 3.

My point still stands that those are expansions and not standalone products, they are made to add content to an existing game. Hardline is retail price fro a standalone game which is Battlefield 4 with a cops and robbers skin on it.

I am not the biggest fan of Assassin's Creed but can you say with a straight face that Assassin's Creed 2 and 3 are the exact same thing?

I hope Hardline turns out to be a much more polished game than BF4 was. I wish Visceral/DICE the best on their efforts for this game, but I can't justify buying it due to how badly I got burned by BF4

I have faith that it will. The CTE is really working for BF4 and they're still adding improvements. They'll use all that to make Hardline as stable as it can be on release hopefully.

Top Bottom