• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Premium info leaked?

legacyzero

Banned
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...remium-to-cost-35-5th-dlc-is-aftermath-report

Battlefield Premium will cost £35/$60, according to a new report.

A Battlefield Premium listing on Coolshop.co.uk (spotted by MP1st) carries a 29th June release date and a £34.96 price.

Its description: "BF3 Premium Service is 1 code in a box to give the consumers early access to the BF3 DLC expansion packs - Back to Karkand (already released), Close Quarters (releasing June), Armoured Kill (releasing Sept) and End Game (releasing December)."

Battlefield Premium, thought to be set for a reveal during EA's E3 2012 press conference, is said to include early access to DLC and "premium benefits". It includes access to a mysterious fifth DLC expansion called Aftermath.

MP1st lists the contents:

20 Maps.
20 New Weapons.
10+ New Vehicles.
4+ New Game Modes.
30+ Assignments.
20+ Dog Tags.
Also includes "Premium Benefits" which are made up of skins, camos and most importantly early access to all DLC.

These maps, weapons, vehicles game modes assignments and dog tags are spread across the following DLC:
Back to Karkand.
Close Quarters in June 2012.
Armored Kill in autumn 2012.
Aftermath in late 2012.
End Game in spring 2013.

So. Let me understand this correctly. 34.96GBP / $54.86. Am I doing that right??

I know there will probably be alot of bitching about the price, but if this is correct, that's a lot of content! At least we know that DICE has always been great with their expansions, at least lately.

I'd buy it if they doubled the console player count.

Seriously the game is just awful on consoles with the player count as it is.

Deadbeat

Banned
All I want is Mashtuur City remade with black hawks everywhere. If they cant do that then all these DLC packs are garbage.

Tenck

Limits of the console :lol

We need new hardware soon. Somehow though, they'll find a way to screw us over.

Well It dosn't seem such a bad deal, 20 maps is quite a lot. Also if you have BtK you have to buy it at full price? Now that would be a bad deal.

I know there will probably be alot of bitching about the price, but if this is correct, that's a lot of content! At least we know that DICE has always be great with their expansions, at least lately.

BC2 Vietnam disagrees.

Majine

Banned
Geez, will they make a seperate service for Medal of Honor too? Atleast with CoD you have a game every year that is "compatible".

jet1911

xmen.preview.jpg

I think the number is perfect and if increased I would likely stop playing unless I could lower the number of players through a custom search.

Sojgat

Don't you only get the COD content that comes out after you pay for Elite subscription? With this at least you will get all the content whenever you purchase BF premium, if I'm understanding this correctly.

Limits of the console :lol

We need new hardware soon. Somehow though, they'll find a way to screw us over.

actually, DICE has said several times that it's mainly a bandwidth restriction on consoles (TRC/TCR) that stops them from having more player, and some of the DICE people mentioned they've played with way more than 24 players during testing.

basically, MS/Sony want games to be playable even on the worst broadband connections available.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I think the number is perfect and if increased I would likely stop playing unless I could lower the number of players through a custom search.

I play on PC and some of the maps are terrible with larger player counts. I almost exclusively play the bigger Karkand maps because of it.

Mooreberg

Good move to include B2K, but dumb move to wait after CQC. I don't see this priced at more than $39.99 USD since that is what COD Elite costs if you bought the hardened edition. Kind of on the fence... I like the game but the influx of stupid high ticket count servers makes it impossible to play even two full games in one sitting.

So if you pay for this and have PC or 360 do you still have to wait the week that Sony moneyhatted for the PS3 maps? I thought they said all DLC was covered under the extra Sony week.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Don't you only get the COD content that comes out after you pay for Elite subscription? With this at least you will get all the content whenever you purchase BF premium, if I'm understanding this correctly.

No, the COD pass nets you every piece of DLC for MW3, past and present.

King_Moc

Banned
Considering i paid £30 for the original maps, with no intention of ever playing the single player, the value seems ok.

Ah, back to Karkand is in with the 20, i see. Not so good. It being free and all.

Considering i paid £30 for the original maps, with no intention of ever playing the single player, the value seems ok.

Ah, back to Karkand is in with the 20, i see. Not so good. It being free and all.

It's not free, it was only free for people with the limited edition.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
actually, DICE has said several times that it's mainly a bandwidth restriction on consoles (TRC/TCR) that stops them from having more player, and some of the DICE people mentioned they've played with way more than 24 players during testing.

basically, MS/Sony want games to be playable even on the worst broadband connections available.
So MAG is an exception because it's first party, or does it have better netcode?

mangaroo

Banned
It's not terrible for 20 maps. I'm in no rush to be honest, more excited about planet side 2!

I am definitely glad that they aren't releasing another game already but wish they'd be less greedy with the price for the map expansions.

Izayoi

Banned
I'll definitely get it. Getting all the packs anyway, would be silly not to. Pre-ordering map packs, though...

GrizzNKev

Banned
I'll probably get this since I want all the map packs, but paying for an 'FPS as a service' type thing makes me feel all kinds of wrong.

Arucardo

It's not terrible for 20 maps. I'm in no rush to be honest, more excited about planet side 2!

I am definitely glad that they aren't releasing another game already but wish they'd be less greedy with the price for the map expansions.

Not as awesome when it includes the B2K stuff though.

Not entirely sold on this, I love BF3 but I'll need some convincing on this. Next months dlc isn't up my alley either. If the 20 (or 16) maps were all close to the B2K scale I'd buy this day 1 for sure.

So MAG is an exception because it's first party, or does it have better netcode?

Apart from the player count you hav to take into consideration all the vehicle data and destruction which require more bandwitdth than a just a simple player.

Although I heard is Xbox Live the actual one who has restrictions on that matter.

wtf has happened to this industry?

"How to make the consumer pay more money because we're fucktards and can't keep costs from raising?"

"Sir look how much money this x company made this cheap skin that cost them 100$!!!"

"($ . $)"

Top Bottom