• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Premium info leaked?

On PC, yeah. It was the standard.

Seems that I need to post this in every BF3 DLC thread.

Battlefield-2+SF+EF+AF1.jpg

How about they give us back the free dedicated servers first, bunch of ****

You never had free dedicated servers to begin with. EA had them. And still do. Why would you expect to get free dedicated servers?

So MAG is an exception because it's first party, or does it have better netcode?

Exceptions can be made for any game by the console maker. Like a 360 game requiring the HDD like Burnout Paradise or a PS3 game requiring multiple installs during the game like MGS4.

Most times the companies that break the rules first though and the ones who are making the rules in the first place.

mangaroo

Banned
Not as awesome when it includes the B2K stuff though.

Not entirely sold on this, I love BF3 but I'll need some convincing on this. Next months dlc isn't up my alley either. If the 20 (or 16) maps were all close to the B2K scale I'd buy this day 1 for sure.

Good point forgot that. I also like the larger scale maps - I was happy with the B2K expansion tbh - these extras will be alright but I'd rather wait for a price-cut and play different games instead. Have been burnt out on FPS for a while anyway.

I don't expect it to sell as well as they'd like. {ass stats warning} Probably do 3-4x better at half the price. I expect they will try some price drops this time. Not sure if E3 is a good or bad time to announce and on sale in june? - lots of competition with others that are actually offering a whole new game, available to buy at the same price - instead of expanding a great experience a little more, and slowly - most BF3 players are probably going to want to save to upgrade their pc first :p

Price is way too steep (about as much as the base game at the moment), game still has problems, and I don't care about the new camos and dog tags and all the extra crap. Will probably be getting the DLCs separately when they go on sale, eventually.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I guess not. It's just a weirdly blatant 180. There's pretty much no way for them to spin this as not a dick move, whereas most of their recent dick moves have been lampshaded somewhat.

A publicly traded company like EA is not going to be able to resist going the route Acitivision did after seeing how much Acti made from it, no matter what dick remarks they said before hand. You'd think they would muzzle some of the people who talk in the company though.

Kade

You never had free dedicated servers to begin with. EA had them. And still do. Why would you expect to get free dedicated servers?

That stuff became free.

Eventually.

With the exception of the biggest one.

So MAG is an exception because it's first party, or does it have better netcode?

or it's a different game without the same scope in vehicles and destruction that has to be synced along with players. and isn't MAG hitscan?

How about they give us back the free dedicated servers first, bunch of ****

actually, they already brought them back. what they need to do now is make it so matchmaking doesn't drop people into games that have settings that aren't default.

http://www.cd-2-dvd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Battlefield-2+SF+EF+AF1.jpg

the problem is many people remember BC1 having free maps and BC2 having free maps and saw BC2 Vietnam as an expansion because the settings, etc changed, but they don't see stuff like B2K as 'expansion' packs and just consider them to be 'map packs' instead. and they only remember those 3 battlefield games, hahahaha...

https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-1943-for-bf3-ps3-customers

It was only a matter of time before they done this. It makes me laugh how they slammed COD Elite but now realise that it's a massive money spinner so jump on board too.

I can't say I'm overwhelmed by this attempt, people rightly give Elite a lot of crap but at least goes beyond just giving you content. The TV shows they have, guides etc. are very well done and enjoyable as hell too.

EA are seemingly just charging us for the pleasure of getting content a week or so early and that's it? It's not enough for me to commit any money to this service.

Both EA and Activision have some good ideas, but their execution of these services have been awful thus far.

Javaman

I miss the good ol days of BF1942. Sure it also had paid expansion packs, but it had customizable (though mostly stupid) AI. Want a handfull of sharpshooter against you? Want massive mobs of dumb as shit enemies to mow through? No prob. The lack of AI and needing to unlock skills in a MP pvp game (or you can pay $30. Eesh)has ruined the series for me. Please tell me one of these expansion packs adds bots.

I'll buy this. I'm probably going to end up buying all the future expansion packs anyways, so might as well just get this instead.

It was only a matter of time before they done this. It makes me laugh how they slammed COD Elite but now realise that it's a massive money spinner so jump on board too.

I can't say I'm overwhelmed by this attempt, people rightly give Elite a lot of crap but at least goes beyond just giving you content. The TV shows they have, guides etc. are very well done and enjoyable as hell too.

EA are seemingly just charging us for the pleasure of getting content a week or so early and that's it? It's not enough for me to commit any money to this service.

Both EA and Activision have some good ideas, but their execution of these services have been awful thus far.

If this rumor is true it's just a box with a code, no monthly paid service. Look at the content and compare it CoD DLC. It's not a bad deal.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Now the problem @ hand

Do I blindly give away $60 for 4 packs

Uncharted Season Pass/Saints Row season pass were cheaper individually than combined lol

I'll wait and see what EA @E3 offers

Javaman

Wait, this doesn't include the base game? $120 for Battlefield 3 complete. What in the flying fuck is wrong with you guys rolling over on this.

Now the problem @ hand

Do I blindly give away $60 for 4 packs

Uncharted Season Pass/Saints Row season pass were cheaper individually than combined lol

I'll wait and see what EA @E3 offers

Gears of War 3 season pass was the same. Wait for sales and they are cheaper. But, waiting is no good when your group of friends are playing the new maps and you can't join them.

If this rumor is true it's just a box with a code, no monthly paid service. Look at the content and compare it CoD DLC. It's not a bad deal.

I'd be amazed if the majority of paid subs for Elite were monthly and not people who bought the Hardened version of MW3. I say that knowing several people with the Elite Premium service and only one paid for the service via Xbox Live. I say that only because in my eyes, for all intents and purposes, Battlefield Premium is the same thing as Elite, a paid service regardless of how often the renewal is.

It's all relative to the game experience of course, both are remarkably different titles and their DLC approach is different too, not to mention Elite is not just about in-game content.

I think that's what would swing BF Premium for me, if they offered more than just the in-game stuff I would get anyway by buying the expansions.

That stuff became free.

Eventually.

With the exception of the biggest one.

5 years later, it was released with the last ever bf2 patch as a goodbye gift. Still doesnt change the fact that they did these types of paid mini expansion packs before

Wait, this doesn't include the base game? $120 for Battlefield 3 complete. What in the flying fuck is wrong with you guys rolling over on this.

The real question is what the flying fuck could be wrong with you since u seem to assume that dlc developed after the game released, with some of it releasing almost 1 year later, should have been included with bf3.

JJD

Fuck, I'm not proud to admit that I will get it.

It's 15 bucks per pack if I disregard B2K which I already paid for.

My main concern is user base fragmentation.

Well it'll have about 30 maps, more than twice that of your average game. Price seems fair enough for what you're getting to me.
Oh wait I done did my math wrong. If you don't already have B2K it's a fair price. If you do there's no discount, so...I guess the price will still be fair but...what's the point of getting this bundle thing? Yay camo!(?)

Anyway, problem I have with this premium package is potential amendments to the arrangement that are yet to be revealed. After all the shit EA has pulled I'm gonna go ahead and recuse myself from this latest scheme which I'm sure could only lead bad places. Already off to a bad start with the delayed access for those who opt not to pay up.

I'll be saving at least as much money as you people who do though, by skipping Close Quarters and maybe more. Don't even know what most of them are supposed to be yet. Could be about zeppelins fighting dragons dropping explosive turds for all I know.

Special Forces was awesome. Loved the idea that with a couple of different classes in your squad you sneak around.

I'd normally have the grappling hook and someone else would have the zipline.

I hope some of the DLC packs will bring new gadgets and not just new weapons. A zipline in BF3 would be awesome.

metalshade

AAaaaand im out!
Traded BF3 in, never to be seen again.
Seriously after hundreds of hours in all the console battlefields, I give up on things like this like this. I thought you were cool Dice.
Not hanging around for this sort of crap.
Now to catch up on a huge backlog of XBLA and Vita games.

Javaman

The real question is what the flying fuck could be wrong with you since u seem to assume that dlc developed after the game released, with some of it releasing almost 1 year later, should have been included with bf3.

That has nothing to do with it. They expect people to pay another 60 bucks on this after spending the same on the original game. The only game to take it to this level and further is Railworks. It's your money but I'm sure as hell not spending 120 on a single game. Worse yet it'Ill split the community. I'll just wait till the eventual combo pack drops to 20 if there's bot support or cheaper for just the vanilla game if there isn't.

Arnie

So I expect it to be announced at the conference. I might be swayed if we get the Close quarters expansion day and date.

Top Bottom