• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront (2015): very underrated game, here is why

keraj37

Cause it just looks and sounds terrific.
On high-end PC back in those years, it looked better than many current gen games in 2023.
You could really immerse yourself into the World of Star Wars.

True, there was not much content in the launch, especially for SP, but I could replay the little they gave over and over again just to experience the same visuals and sounds.

What was your experience with it?

9035dc196dbda0edde535adcfaae89a5-1200-80.jpg.webp

5654d733dd089511268b46d3

5654d731dd089511268b46b1

R6Rider

Gold Member
Never played Battlefront 2015, but have played its sequel. The sequel can be decent fun, but I still prefer playing the original Battlefront II from 2005.

MiguelItUp

Game definitely looked and sounded amazing, as did the next game. Biggest issue I had with this game was the pick-up/vehicle system. I would've loved the old school approach with vehicles on the map that players can just hop into.

Dural

I prefer it overall to the sequel, was a great game to just jump in and out of. I can't stand the menus and loot boxes in the sequel, though I did enjoy the single player and Starfighter Assault.

keraj37

I prefer it overall to the sequel, was a great game to just jump in and out of. I can't stand the menus and loot boxes in the sequel, though I did enjoy the single player and Starfighter Assault.
Well, sequel looked inferior for some reason, but like you say, it had some advantages.

I actually bought it again few weeks ago, ultimate edition, for like 13$ in a store that has used games, cuz I started to make a small collection
of favorite games. I love this game and I'm not even a Star Wars fan. I go and see the movies but that's it.
this was first Star Wars game I ever played. the graphics, the sound, and all the players attacking at the same time... great feeling.
but one thing that annoyed the shit out of me was that solo and co-op waves on hardest difficulty cuz you need to do it to get the platinum trophy.
I just couldn't beat it. I was playing alone. there was no place to hide in some maps. like this map in the screenshots.
I hate when I can't platinum the game that I love. I don't know, maybe there are some guides online

EDMIX

Frostbite's the shit, I played this game on a base PS4 and even there it looked amazing. Wish more games used that engine.

Put it this way, I wish more developers knew how to use it, then I wish more used it lol

Its great, in the right hands. DICE's Battlefront 1 and 2 look and sound amazing on top of playing amazing. They did some legendary shit in just a ridiculous time frame.

The team nailed the look, feel, sound and everything Star Wars.

Vick

Loved this game. Looked and still looks insane, fun gameplay, super faithful to the OG trilogy. Grabbed my the balls since I played the Beta.

Doing all the Co-op missions on the hardest difficulty with three friends locally was some of the most fun I've ever had.

Too bad it's a game with expiration date.. most of DLC's maps in the Ultimate Edition (bought much later for a ridiculous price) are completely useless/unaccessible now.

Certinty

Good game but it seriously lacked content, at least at launch.

2 in contrast was trash. Horrible tacked on campaign, game modes were altered and made worse and somehow graphically it was a few steps backwards.

Sygma

Battlefront and 2 are honestly excellent games. 2 had to take a 180° to be bearable but even now I think its an extremely solid arcade shooter which plays like a dream in either 1st or 3rd person, has very good gameplay and the graphics are still very much holding up

Zannegan

Beautiful game, but it reduced the scope and complexity of what made the original Battlefront series so much fun, so it was a big letdown for me.

Top Bottom