• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront beta - PC Performance Benchmarks

belmonkey

Wouldn't mind turning tessellation off to save a bit of performance. On that topic, has anyone with a PS4 version noticed if the tessellation factor changes when close to certain objects like what Dictator showed?

belmonkey

I think I was talking about the wrong settings with my 750 ti earlier. It was 900p high settings with medium shadows only that was giving me a bit of trouble. Lowering ambient occlusion to medium gave me a framerate more in line with PS4 performance in Digital Foundry's video, although my 750 ti was running at 1320 MHz core and 6.6 GHz memory to do it; I'm a bit surprised it didn't blow up only running on power from the motherboard while overclocked like that.

Is this a DX12 title or is it DX11? I'm actually impressed by how well this game runs on "older" hardware like the 290X and GTX 780.

dr_rus

Is this a DX12 title or is it DX11? I'm actually impressed by how well this game runs on "older" hardware like the 290X and GTX 780.

Technically you can get most DX12 features in DX11(.3) on Win10. You will be missing the D3D12 CPU optimizations and async compute capability and while the former may bring some performance to some GPUs it is very unlikely that CPU optimizations will help much in a PC version of a GPU heavy multiplatform game. It's actually interesting if SWBF is using anything from higher tiers of DX11 as FB3 is known for making good use of these extended features previously in BF3 and BF4.

Top Bottom