• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront beta - PC Performance Benchmarks

Kade

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.50Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB
8GB of RAM

Getting 80+ FPS @ 1080p with everything set to Ultra on Walker Assault

Hip Hop

What's my best bet to get a smooth solid 60fps on my GTX 670? What should I be turning down first? :'(

Post Process and Ambient Occlusion, both set to Medium while everything else on Ultra. I get around 60fps with my GTX 670.

Set the FXAA to low too. on 1080p

It is a clean install and I got a pretty modest GPU.

The OC os not active, I heard is a problem with Frostbite D:

oEgyyFr.png

its your gpu dude. its not stable at whatever clock its running at.

Piggus

SLI is definitely not working for me. One GPU has high usage and the other fluctuates wildly between 0 and 10%.

Still, I get a pretty solid 60 fps at 1080p with TAA and everything else on Ultra.

SLI 970s
i7 5820k @ 4.4 GHz
16 gbs DDR4

80-90 fps solid both levels
1440p
85 fov
all setting to ultra + fxaa

4670k oc to 4.4
980ti SLI (even usage)
16gb ram
rog swift gsync on

I get better performance on single GPU than with SLI on. I get roughly 50 fps with single GPU on 4K with all ultra except no AA. Get about 42-45 with SLI on.

Rig
i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz
16GB RAM
GTX Titan X SLI
Samsung EVO SSD

EDIT: What the hell happened to Gsync? I turned it off and I got 80 fps or so with SLI on in 4K. o_O

tdrdrgn

Any way to stabilize it? D:

if your still getting the dx error, give this a try:
Right-click on the game in Origin.
Choose Game Properties.
Type “-novid -noborder -windowed” in the box (without the quotation marks).
Check “Disable Origin in Game for this game”

I was having the same problem and this worked for me.

Piggus

Hmm, so SLI scaling is good for some people and not others? Maybe I need to do a fresh install of the drivers.

hmm weird SLI things

980ti SLI 100% resolution = 80-90 fps
980ti single = same

980ti SLI 200% resolution = 30-40 fps
980ti single = <30 fps

SLI adds something at the higher end? I set my monitor to 144 fps

if your still getting the dx error, give this a try:
Right-click on the game in Origin.
Choose Game Properties.
Type “-novid -noborder -windowed” in the box (without the quotation marks).
Check “Disable Origin in Game for this game”

I was having the same problem and this worked for me.

Thank you SO MUCH

¡This worked perfect!

Jtrizzy

SLI is weird for me too. Afterburner is showing the temps, but 0% usage for both. Haven't really tested it much try and figure out what the problem is.

MGrant

4690K/GTX 970/8 GB of RAM. Getting over 60 fps on Ultra 1080p without a noticeable hitch. I did have to reinstall Origin to fix a black screen on startup glitch, though, which was weird.

Killyoh

Runs pretty well on my PC, I get a solid 60 fps with everything on high (except the textures, I set ultra).

My rig :
Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3,4Ghz
MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4GB
16GB RAM

XBP

Are there any improvements for Nvidia cards on the new driver? I know the release notes say that the driver is for the beta but I'm unsure if it actually gives an fps boost or not

Kinthalis

Banned
I'm just happy this Nvidia driver version installs on windows 10 without issues, the last driver update would refuse to install :/

Running great for me. Ultra settings @ 1440p and I'm getting 50-100 FPS, usually north of 55 on borderless window mode for that sweet tripple buffering. I'm using Riva server to cap to 60 FPS now.

780ti
i5 4690k @ 4.4 Ghz
windows 10

SLI is definitely not working for me. One GPU has high usage and the other fluctuates wildly between 0 and 10%.

Still, I get a pretty solid 60 fps at 1080p with TAA and everything else on Ultra.

SLI 970s
i7 5820k @ 4.4 GHz
16 gbs DDR4

IMO, try it without TAA?

TAA tends to break AFR set ups people!

gloriousd

Neo Member
If anyone's interested I get between 32 and 40 fps on my laptop on high settings at 1080p on Hoth:
i7 4710HQ, 8GB, GTX 860M

I've actually tried to fiddle with AA settings but disabling it seems to have absolutely minimal impact on performance. Is this normal? I would love to get to 60FPS on Hoth but don't want to compromise graphics fidelity too much...

I checked my FPS using Shadowplay, is there a better way to do so?

If anyone's interested I get between 32 and 40 fps on my laptop on high settings at 1080p on Hoth:
i7 4710HQ, 8GB, GTX 860M

I've actually tried to fiddle with AA settings but disabling it seems to have absolutely minimal impact on performance. Is this normal? I would love to get to 60FPS on Hoth but don't want to compromise graphics fidelity too much...

I checked my FPS using Shadowplay, is there a better way to do so?

That is basically a ps4 level GPU, so it would have to have similar pixel shading cost as the PS4... aka... 900p. Try the resolution slider perhaps?

SpotAnime

AMD seems to have an edge. The 290 never beats the 780ti or 970

Nice. I just got an 8GB R9 390. Seems it was made for this game.

Core i7 930 @ 4.2 Ghz and a heavily OC'd Titan X. 24 GB RAM

1080p, ultra, TAA offline mode is basically a constant 120

edit: I am using the wrong set of drivers. I shall try out the newest ones.

Yeah, the performance analysis I've seen indicates this game isn't very CPU dependent, so older chips will pair well with a newer GPU. Again, my rig with an i7 950 lets out a sigh of relief.

I need to download the beta to be sure, but it's looking like I'll be cancelling my Xbox One pre-order in favor of the PC version.

owasog

Ultra, locked 60fps on my 970 with 50-80% GPU load. I had one crash within 5 minutes though and the GPU gets very hot compared to other games.

The game looks great. A shame the gameplay really isn't my cup of tea. A singleplayer campaign with these graphics is what I want.

Is there a console command I can use in the singleplayer mode to make me invincible? I just want to check out the environment and ignore the troopers.

The game looks great. A shame the gameplay really isn't my cup of tea. A singleplayer campaign with these graphics is what I want.

I was imagining a dark forces or a shadows of the empire style campaign for this. That would have been cool with these production values.

Kezen

Banned
I was imagining a dark forces or a shadows of the empire style campaign for this. That would have been cool with these production values.

Oh my God, I should never have read this now I'm completely turned off by Battlefront.

I hope Visceral Games' SP Star Wars will be worth the wait.

My PC
Intel G3258 at stock speeds *3.2GHZ*
8GB RAM with a 750ti.

Runs this game at 40-60 FPS with everything at high and both texture options at Ultra in 900p with TAA enabled. Haven't tried 1080p yet since my monitor's resolution is at 900p. Had to set the game in Windowed Borderless since it kept crashing the game at full-screen, but other than that it has been working great!

cripterion

The game runs just bad on my rig with GTX970 SLI and G-Sync or these new drivers are fucked. Either way, had my fill with SLI, ditching it for good as I see Nvidia doesn't have the intention of properly supporting it.

Just ordered a 980Ti, hopefully plays much better with G-Sync.

The game runs just bad on my rig with GTX970 SLI and G-Sync or these new drivers are fucked. Either way, had my fill with SLI, ditching it for good as I see Nvidia doesn't have the intention of properly supporting it.

Just ordered a 980Ti, hopefully plays much better with G-Sync.

I understand the frustration mate. If you oc that 980 Ti.,.. it can end basically being similarly performant in those games where SLI has good support.

cripterion

I understand the frustration mate. If you oc that 980 Ti.,.. it can end basically being similarly performant in those games where SLI has good support.

Yeah I know man, ironically this beta runs better now that I removed one GTX970 lol. (It's like G-sync wasn't kicking in when SLI was on).

I feel multi monitor, G-Sync and SLI is a bad combo so removing one in the equation is a + in my book. I'm satisfied with the extra room after removing the 2nd GPU and by doing so I'm also getting rid of side intake fan that used to bring all the dust in my case.
Hopefully this EGVA step up program kicks in once Pascal cards are around too. I get the feeling I'll wanna switch to that once they reveal those cards.

bee

whilst this game runs fine on these drivers, probably averaging 50fps at 4k on a titan x on the at-at level, these drivers overall are fucking terrible, horrible gpu utilization in lots of games, my save game in gta v dropped from 60 to 34 fps for instance, back to an older set and its back to 60

Corpekata

Banned
whilst this game runs fine on these drivers, probably averaging 50fps at 4k on a titan x on the at-at level, these drivers overall are fucking terrible, horrible gpu utilization in lots of games, my save game in gta v dropped from 60 to 34 fps for instance, back to an older set and its back to 60

I posted about it in some other threads, but yeah. It totally fucks up Transformers Devestation and someone else said it tanked them in WoW of all games too.

Trying out some AA: captures are from a video made with shadowplay... so quality is not perfect
FXAA
vlcsnap-2015-10-09-20b2k64.png

"TAA"
vlcsnap-2015-10-09-205wj4b.png

"TAA" + 150% resolution scaling
vlcsnap-2015-10-09-2007kc9.png

The TAA is of questionably better quality than FXAA "high". It really does not even seem to work IMO.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since this is a "benchmark" thread I thought I'd post it here.

This game has some serious issues with AMD GPUs. The most noticeable one (aside from stuttering menus) is that the moment you join a game and spawn, you're hit with horrible stuttering/pausing for the first minute or so, which renders the game unplayable. Afterwards, the game actually becomes playable and the stuttering only reappears every now and then (and usually just for a couple seconds or so).

I have an R9 270X and I've seen others with R9 280/290/380/390 GPUs reporting the same exact issues over on Reddit, so I'm convinced it's an AMD-specific thing.

Kinthalis

Banned
I might be blind because I can't never tell different AA from each other

Well, they're all trying to solve the same problem - although sometimes in different ways.

Post process AA tends to blur or soften the image a bit. MSAA will sample geometry and will typically do a good job of that, but completely ignores many other forms of AA - it's also a big hit on performance unless you're running a forward rendering engine.

cripterion

So glad I ditched my GTX 970 SLI.

Game is running smoothly with one GTX 980Ti and G-Sync working normally now. Breath of fresh air.

swbfz7kes.png

KKRT00

Am the only who cant tolerate LOD on anything other than Ultra?
Wanted to play it in 100-120fps, but its not going to happen with one 970 ;/ ~70fps is still good i guess with gsync.
I really need to test other settings, like i dont want to decrease Effects to lower than Ultra, because particles are just too amazing to give up ;p
Same goes for mesh layer quality, tessellation is awesome ;p

For now i'm playing with everything on Ultra, except for AO and Shadows and 1080p@120% Resolution Scale + TAA. Seems to work well on Hoth and stay mostly over 60fps, but i fear that Endor wont be as forgiving.

Ultra, locked 60fps on my 970 with 50-80% GPU load. I had one crash within 5 minutes though and the GPU gets very hot compared to other games.

Yeah, I'd love a single player campaign. I understand tacking on one would be a bad idea but with this tech they should look at a full story game later on. Could mean getting others to help story board it. I love what they have here but have no interest in the matches.

Game runs great on my i7 930 and GTX 970. Get 80-100fps on ultra 1080p and around 30fps at 4k. Still not seeing a reason to upgrade yet and have no issues using 6gb of DDR3. There's so much hysteria around any PC release.

Frame rate is off the charts dropping the res down, like 150-200fps.

Top Bottom