• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront beta - PC Performance Benchmarks

SoundLad

It's playing well on my 390X with ultra settings on 1440P. but it's crashing occasionally with the following -

DirectX function "hr1" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Have updated from the 15.8 beta to the 15.9.1, but getting the same result.

That error used to happen to me with all Frostbite engine games only - BF3, BF4, PvZ: Garden Warfare... Frostbite doesn't seem to like OC'd cards that much either I think. Ultimately I think this error is really down to the engine used however.

But for me the solution wasn't to underclock, like you'd imagine. I updated my GPU BIOS and has only happened once or twice since in the period of 12 months roughly.

PS. Running with a gtx 780ti OC from Gigabyte

Kezen

Banned
That error used to happen to me with all Frostbite engine games only - BF3, BF4, PvZ: Garden Warfare... Frostbite doesn't seem to like OC'd cards that much either I think. Ultimately I think this error is really down to the engine used however.

But for me the solution wasn't to underclock, like you'd imagine. I updated my GPU BIOS and has only happened once or twice since in the period of 12 months roughly.

I played FB games on factory OC'd cards without issues.

M2C3

Neo Member
Excited to give this a go after work today. I'm hoping for 80 to 100 FPS with my 6700k, G1 980Ti, 16GB DDR4 on my ROG Swift.

My buddy is saying 1080p/60 with a G1 970 and 4790k with everything maxed so good news for others out there with a similar rig.

Edit: 4690k

Who

Banned
CPU: i5-4210U processor 2.7GHz Turbo, 1.7GHz Base
RAM: 8GB DDR3L
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M 2GB graphics

So is this worth a buy do you guys think?

SoundLad

I played FB games on factory OC'd cards without issues.

Lucky you then!

I'm just telling how it is from my perspective. Could be that i got unlucky in the silicone lottery for my GPU but it's curious that the only games that gave this error for me were games using the FB engine so for me it's the common denominator.

Crossposting from the beta OT:
Fuark.
"Detected NVIDIA GeForce driver version 347.88. The required driver version is 355.60 or later. Please update your drivers at http://www.geforce.com/drivers before playing the game."

354.13 is the latest driver that exists for the Quadro line. Is there a way to bypass the check or tweak the driver version reported?
Any ideas? Or maybe I am just SOL with this hardware, at least for the time being?

ss_lemonade

Factory oc'ed 780 here and never had issues. I did have problems though when playing bf3 before with a 6970 I overclocked myself (screen would split in half and swap the left half side with the right side lol) so maybe frostbite just doesn't like some overclocks?

drotahorror

When a match first loads up I get 1-3 second pauses for about a minute straight. And then when it's doing the score tally it pauses 1-3seconds until that's over (I think it's loading the map). My buddy doesn't have these issues though.

i5 2500k
7950 3gb
8gb ram
SSD
medium settings.

Get 70-90 fps on the escape pod map. 40-70+ on hoth.

GRaider81

what should I be doing with FOV and resolution scaling options?

Getting 140 ish fps on ultra at 1080p at the moment but unsure what to do with those? They are at 50 and 100% I think at the moment.

GavinUK86

Getting 140 ish fps on ultra at 1080p at the moment but unsure what to do with those? They are at 50 and 100% I think at the moment.

You can adjust the fov to whatever you like. I just leave it as it is and the resolution scale at 100% is fine for 1080p screens.

Kinthalis

Banned

FOV (Battlefornt reports vertical I believe) is how much of the world you get to see on screen at any one time. If you're playing ona monitor, or a large screen, or basiclaly any time your display takes up a significant portion fo your field of view, you want this to be higher than the console "standard" of 65-70 (that's equuivalent to 50-55 on the battlefront scale). That's just WAY too narrow.

For my 27" 16:9 monitor at about 2 feet distance, I prefer 85-100 (about 60-70 on the battlefront scale) depending on the game, but YMMV. Experiment. For a 21:9 ultra wide monitor or a multi monitor setup, or a large TV you're sitting close to, FOV should be set even higher. And yes, with a higher FOV, there will be a hit in performance, as you are rendering more objects per frame.

Scaling is basiclaly down or upsampling, depending on whether you go over 100% or below. So upping it to 200% and being at 1920x1080, you are doubling the resolution and then downscaling to 1080p. That should give your IQ a big boost. But the performance hit cna be pretty big.

FOV (Battlefornt reports vertical I believe) is how much of the world you get to see on screen at any one time. If you're playing ona monitor, or a large screen, or basiclaly any time your display takes up a significant portion fo your field of view, you want this to be higher than the console "standard" of 65-70 (that's equuivalent to 50-55 on the battlefront scale). That's just WAY too narrow.

For my 27" 16:9 monitor at about 2 feet distance, I prefer 85-100 (about 60-70 on the battlefront scale) depending on the game, but YMMV. Experiment. For a 21:9 ultra wide monitor or a multi monitor setup, or a large TV you're sitting close to, FOV should be set even higher. And yes, with a higher FOV, there will be a hit in performance, as you are rendering more objects per frame.

Scaling is basiclaly down or upsampling, depending on whether you go over 100% or below. So upping it to 200% and being at 1920x1080, you are doubling the resolution and then downscaling to 1080p. That should give your IQ a big boost. But the performance hit cna be pretty big.

Actually res scaling is a bit counter intuitive as it is multiplying both dimaensions and not total pixel count. 200% res scaling is 3840X2160 or 4k @ 1080p. aka quadrupling your resolution.

Rizific

2500k @ 3.8ghz
8gb ram @ 1600

started at the ultra preset, would be in the 50s in firefights. put post process and shadows down to high, aa down to low, AO off and im in the 70s with dips to 60 in firefights. im quite happy.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I can't get past the main menu. I've tried:

Forcing the game to use my dedicated card.
-novid -noborder -windowed

On my laptop when I got into manage 3D settings I select battlefront and set it to use high performance nvidia processor but when I boot the game up it gives me an "intel video driver out of date" which makes me think that it still thinks i'm using my onboard gpu.

What gives?

timewyrm

If anyone's interested, on my 970m, 16gb ram and i7 4720hq, I'm getting 60fps on High settings at 1080p, and between 30-60fps on ultra. Only tried survival mind you.

So do PC frostbite games inherently look fuzzy? I don't see it on my xb1 but on this and BF4 everything looks blurry/fuzzy on my PC, only games I see this on.

It's playing well on my 390X with ultra settings on 1440P. but it's crashing occasionally with the following -

DirectX function "hr1" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Have updated from the 15.8 beta to the 15.9.1, but getting the same result.

Got the same error :(

Its happens when I enter the main menu screen

cyen

Anyone experiencing random black flashes? It happens sometimes two or three flashes and then repeats later in the game.

Not sure what Quadro card you have, but go here http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

scroll down, and click "beta and older drivers" link and try the latest one 358.50 if its there for your card, see if it works.

Yeah, looks like ordinary geforce drivers installed just fine. I searched by geforce gtx400m series (my card being 2000M, gtx460m counterpart) and 358.50 turned up. Game is running without problems now, thanks.

GRaider81

Getting quite a few crashes. Like almost every match

latest drivers installed

Everything Ultra at 1080p 120fps

980ti MSI TF
16gb

i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz
GTX 970 SSC
8GB RAM

I'm running fully maxed out at 1080p and getting well above 60fps. I've enabled vsync because the frame times felt really janky unlocked. Looks fantastic.

I updated to latest drivers but keep getting this message :(

yg7hqTC.png

gOycna5.png

Allywidd

Neo Member
I won't be picking this up until I've upgraded but my trusty 460 spat out high 40's low 50's on medium and a surprisingly playable 30 on high. Nothing amazing but at least it didn't completely buckle like I thought it would when I saw the min specs.

Herne

I just had a play session with my flatmates, and I made sure to turn all the fans up on my case. Seemed to be running fine, temperature was at 65 degrees when I checked. About five minutes into the second map it completely locked up my system, and the pc rebooted itself. I have nothing overclocked, everything including the bios is up to date.

Meh. I can't say I'm enjoying myself in the game anyway. It seems pretty janky, though these are early days.

jett

D-Member
Seems shoddy. Performs fine I guess on my 280X, but my entire PC slows down to a crawl with massive stutters when the game starts, when the levels load or during first moments of gameplay. The game has crashed once on me.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Seems like this game is very CPU dependant.

I have a r9 380 with a i5 4460 and get 50 fps on Ultra and 1080p
A friend who only has a 270x but a i5 4690k gets 60 fps.

Either that or something's wrong with my GPU.

AMD FX-6300 Stock
GTX 960 2GB
8GB RAM

70-90 FPS on High preset without V-Sync. Very happy with the performance; way above my expectations.

Phionoxx

2500K at 4.5 Ghz
3GB 780 GTX SC
16 GB RAM
Win 7 Pro 64 Bit

Playing at 1440p using DSR, all settings at Ultra except for AA and Shadows. Solid 60fps. Seems like a solid port so far.

naw

did nvidia ever fix their drivers issue? battlefront not allowing me to play cause my drivers are old as hell (released back in April)

Dr.Acula

Banned
did nvidia ever fix their drivers issue? battlefront not allowing me to play cause my drivers are old as hell (released back in April)

They released drivers that are for this game yesterday. Why won't you update, what was your issue?

naw

They released drivers that are for this game yesterday. Why won't you update, what was your issue?
never had an issue, it was just that I saw others having issues with the newer drivers that Nvidia released which is why I never updated

i guess since i personally never had any issues i should just update then

GTX 970
i7 4790k
8 gb of ram

I have everything running on ultra at 1080p and I'm getting 70-80 fps
solid performance on my end, the game looks gorgeous.

Top Bottom