• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlerite |OT| Bloodline Champions Redux

DSix

Banned
Discovered this game about a week ago, and it's been like crack ever since. All of my best player friends made the plunge too and we're having a blast with it.

It's impressive really, the 2v2 and 3v3 formats are a simple yet perfect idea.
We were really frustrated by those 5v5 and 6v6 games where we had random people filling in (dota, OW), and having the ability to never suffer from that automatically makes the game 10x more fun and satisfying to play.

And the game is very well made around those formats, it's intense like a coop fighting game. Very good stuff.

Dreavus

Placement done with my friend ... Bronze 5 well it seems we suck but that's okay.

Honestly I think they placed a lot of teams really low to start. We went 6-4 placements and got Bronze 4. We seem to be getting much more rank for a win than a loss even against other Bronze teams too, so I suppose it will even out eventually. It's tough when their matchmaker has nothing to go on at first.

Either that or we're really bad which could very well be the case, lol.

Discovered this game about a week ago, and it's been like crack ever since. All of my best player friends made the plunge too and we're having a blast with it.

It's impressive really, the 2v2 and 3v3 formats are a simple yet perfect idea.
We were really frustrated by those 5v5 and 6v6 games where we had random people filling in (dota, OW), and having the ability to never suffer from that automatically makes the game 10x more fun and satisfying to play.

And the game is very well made around those formats, it's intense like a coop fighting game. Very good stuff.

Yup I love this game. Cross between a fighter and a MOBA teamfight. Cuts all of the bullshit out!

Ferrio

Banned
Got my winter outfit for Poloma. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to play at all, been a very busy month. Hoping things calm down after new years.

lnLNawV.png

"Man, did this game die?"

Concurrent players is way, way down from where it was. I really think they sort of cooled their own hype by not launching F2P as soon as possible.

Dreavus

"Man, did this game die?"

Concurrent players is way, way down from where it was. I really think they sort of cooled their own hype by not launching F2P as soon as possible.

That sucks to hear.

Right now it's still not even close to the timing they were aiming for. I think they said summer at the earliest but more likely fall/winter for full release.

I think that if they can get the word out, they can potentially get a bunch of MOBA people into the game when it launches F2P, but that will be their last big chance. The game still plays great which is a plus.

Saoshyant

I bought it on launch, played it some five hours, realized I was getting curbstomped on all non-AI games, decided to wait for the new year to get some more time to practice, watching videos, maybe asking around for help. But it seems to have died when I wasn't looking? Just my luck.

ViviOggi

By stretching the EA period out for way longer than anyone would have expected SLS threw away the surprisingly hefty momentum they had at the beginning. It's a real bummer as it's a great game that I still go back to periodically. Fingers crossed they manage to get people hyped again somehow.

I think it's because the lack of "depth", the game certainly needs more into it. Spent 133 hours in almost 2 weeks, and I feel like I can't go back to it ever again.

Pretty sure 9½ hours per day for 2 weeks straight would make me burn out on literally any game

Been playing this during the free week after trying it out last year when it was also briefly free, and I love it.

I always enjoyed the combat of rts and moba style games but never cared for the long complicated matches, and this game is perfect with the short matches and straight to the combat.

I assume when it finally launches for real as f2p it will do pretty damn well on Steam.

Dreavus

Been playing recently too, the new prince hero is really cool. So many options!

There was apparently some kind of big rework of all the heroes M1 attacks but I don't really notice all that much, other than reduced ammo/more damage on the plinky champs like Ezmo and Jade.

Big patch today (and season reset), though I know most of GAF won't care until F2P or Xbox launch.

New character (Blossom, support), revamped quests/rewards and achievements. If you played a lot before, you may want to log in and claim all your achievement rewards. I ended up having almost all of the achievements completed already.

Ferrio

Banned
Big patch today (and season reset), though I know most of GAF won't care until F2P or Xbox launch.

New character (Blossom, support), revamped quests/rewards and achievements. If you played a lot before, you may want to log in and claim all your achievement rewards. I ended up having almost all of the achievements completed already.

I haven't played in awhile. I'm hope they're not dooming themselves by sticking this in paid early access for so long. Going to have to revisit the game once Tekken 7 releases it's icy claws.

Gurrry

was wondering if anyone had an extra lite key? wanted to try it but was busy all weekend.

im fiending some moba combat without the hassle lol

JGLS

Hello, does anyone have an extra key that they could give me? I just tried a few matches in a friend's house and loved what I played. But I wanted to try playing a bit more, and this time with him, before dropping 20 euro on this game...

Saoshyant

Hello, does anyone have an extra key that they could give me? I just tried a few matches in a friend's house and loved what I played. But I wanted to try playing a bit more, and this time with him, before dropping 20 euro on this game...

Yeah, sure, whatever. Got two, will PM you one, someone can PM me for another if they want.

jotun?

Haven't played this in a while. Have they added any other game modes, or made plans to add any?

There was another game a while ago (Smashmuck Champions) that played very similarly, but had modes like capture the flag and control points. It would be fun to see something like that again

"Haven't played this in a while. Have they added any other game modes, or made plans to add any?

There was another game a while ago (Smashmuck Champions) that played very similarly, but had modes like capture the flag and control points. It would be fun to see something like that again"

There's a casual Brawl mode called Rocket...something that's available. Right now I think they're mostly focused on redesigning the client and tightening up the whole experience for F2P and Xbox One launch.

Mechazawa

Really glad to see they're putting in a new UI. What's there works, but it's very barebones.

Looking forward to the mass influx of new players.

Kreydo

Game is F2P, they reworked the UI, they enhanced some of the 3D characters models, they added unlockable costumes etc
But still nobody talk about it... Not even a thread? I mean seriously the game is fair, skilled and casual friendly, you also don't need 20min of grind to get your fun.
Beside the lack of advertising I fail to understand why the game isn't more popular.

Last edited:
Top Bottom