• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 demo available on the Nintendo eShop (NA & EU)

Sadist

DMC 4 was post-Clover/Platinum right? Not that it matters, I like DMC 4. Second part of the game was a bit lame, but gameplay-wise I love it.

LGom09

First thing I noticed was that the camera is really good. Played through twice and never touched the right stick.

cacildo

BEAUTIFUL game. Really impressive how detailed and how fluid it is

Since i dont like Bayonetta a lot, im not buying just because its pretty. But really, it IS pretty

Can you no longer quick skip the cutscenes? Those few extra button presses are really throwing me off.

Anyway, it feels amazing but this demo is too easy so I'm not gonna play it anymore. I think they made the right choice changing the control configuration on the Game Pad because R as lock-on for the few moves you need it for = yuck. Still feel like I need a Pro Controller to get comfortable though, a purchase I was trying my best to avoid.

GOTY already

NateDrake

Can you no longer quick skip the cutscenes? Those few extra button presses are really throwing me off.

Anyway, it feels amazing but this demo is too easy so I'm not gonna play it anymore. I think they made the right choice changing the control configuration on the Game Pad because R as lock-on for the few moves you need it for = yuck.

GOTY already

You can skip cutscenes.

I'm really not doing well with my combo scores during the first verse.. Other than that, if this is normal difficulty I'll probably go with hard in the final game. Feels easier than Bayo1 on normal.

Kandinsky

jt38p1f71hWhl.jpg

Gamepad still aint shit tho

What do you think about the game, is it goooood? :O

Hip Hop

Pretty cool I guess. The demo was fun.

Usually not my type of game so I'll probably sit on it for a while and wait for a sale or something in the future.

Satch

Banned
i still cant believe nintendont saved bayonetta 2

?????????????/
??????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????
?????????????????????????

Squishy3

Holy shit those combo requirements for the first mission are tough, I got 180,000 and that was still just a gold. Gotta be 200,000+ for the Platinum I'd guess.

Astral Dog

DMC 4 was post-Clover/Platinum right? Not that it matters, I like DMC 4. Second part of the game was a bit lame, but gameplay-wise I love it.

DMC4 is good.

And you are right,although some people that worked on DMC3/DMC 4 also worked on Bayonetta too.

atr0cious

That sounds really weird, and not the right way at all in my opinion. I keep my front fingers on the triggers and middle fingers with the rest of the fingers below the Gamepad because that way they support your hand on the Gamepad much better and give a much tighter grip.
Love using Gamepad.

I have bigger hands, so maybe it's easier for me to hold the pad, but you must have long fingers if you're reaching from the triggers to the buttons. That sounds uncomfortable. If you use all four fingers, the weight of the pad is easier to handle, and I've got one of those uboost stands on mine. You just have to get used to pressing the buttons differently, which is why they're all digital. If they were analog, your way would make more sense, but all they need is light taps.

If you need to learn how to talk to a lady, as your mom.

Dreadful.

Astral Dog

The controls feel more heavy than i remember, im still getting used to them, maybe im just a little rusty.

And, this is easily the best looking Wii U game imo,

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Just playing around with the new chains right now. So far my first impressions are really positive.

I like how the kick button has a lot more routes. Both on its own and after punch starters. Punch generally still seems to be the combo starter button though, but there's alot more fun routes. Just have to figure out a logic to them. I like that it's so different from the first game's.

One thing I do like now is that Bayonetta has a visual cue for "pause" commands in combos. Makes it so much easier to time them while also avoiding enemies in the game.

and this is just the ground chains. I haven't even played with the air ones yet to see how different they are.

Haven't figured out the quick cutscene skip command. but playing them out I found out that if you dodge at certain parts during cutscenes where Bayonetta also dodges, you will start the encounter following it with a pretty lengthy Witch Time. I think in the demo the only part you can do it is the midboss on the train.

Now to figure out scoring changes. Seems like it's alot harder to meet Platinum ranks for combos than in the first game

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just replaying verse 1 trying stuff for like 5 hours.

I've just been going through the movelist in the tutorial. I'll eventually learn them all but just trying to find my favorite ones. I lost some of my favorites from the original but there are some new ones that are pretty similar and alot of completely new ones that I think are really fun.

krizzx

Downloading now. 34 minutes to go. I'm calling it. This game is going to do at least 200k at launch in the U.S. I'm expecting 500k global by the end of the year.

atr0cious

is it just me or heavy attacks(A) seems faster and smoother than the ones in Bayo 1?

It feels like overall like her strikes have more power behind them. Bayo1, as far as I remember, was a lot quicker on the draw, but I find it easier to just do concise taps in this, than just spam wildly in Bayo1. But that might just be my W101 side showing.

I've just been going through the movelist in the tutorial. I'll eventually learn them all but just trying to find my favorite ones. I lost some of my favorites from the original but there are some new ones that are pretty similar and alot of completely new ones that I think are really fun.

My new favorite combo is when the enemies spin around in the air for 2-3 seconds. I already spoiled myself watching a japanese combo video and yeah there is some hot stuff in the full game....

Ascenion

I had never ever played Bayonetta before today......this shit is like 20 different kinds of bought. DAY ONE NINTENDO. DAY MOTHERFUCKING ONE.

Mechazawa

Tomorrow is Mine playing while giant sword dude is just slicing the shit out of your jetplane.

That shit was just.

My god.

No one's even touching Platinum.

ThaGuy

This will be my first time experiencing the bayonetta series and it looks like I'm going to be in for a treat.

Cuz the gameplay is Perfect and satisfying, not like other AAA action games. xD

I'm sorry

Ha, that's just the nature of the Batman combat system. Honestly though, good luck lasting more than a few small battles if you are going to play like that though. That game is hard (in a great way), you will get mauled.

I was just giving my opinion really, not trying to claim any fact. They are both top notch in my opinion, but VERY different. I liked TW101 more in that it didn't have traditional hack'n' slash mechanics that games like Bayo and MGR had. I also preferred the story, characters, art direction, level design, variety, soundtrack, etc. Many things about Bayonetta are definitely an acquired taste, but that is even more true of TW101.

I trust in Kamiya, W101 is just brimming with excitement, passion and cool ideas. I'm curious to see if the 'obtuse' aspects smooth out later on. I found that the game is so unique that it's less intuitive to play and thus, probably needed more tutorials or explanations. Partly because they were so ambitious with using the gamepad (which is a great thing, but that in itself is also unique for users).

Top Bottom