• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Import |OT| In The Land Of The Rising Touch

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
michellegun201: Combo video 2 (slight spoilers)

5iUYXnk.png

I need this game in my hands.

Zenaku

for those playing the game

am I the only one having issues with the final boss? I mean, it is WAY MORE DIFFICULT THAN EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME! I tried several times yesterday to beat him, failing miserably. I don't know how to do...I can't even turn the difficulty down, can I? I'm sooooooo sad today :(

You might've beaten it by now, but
are you playing on 1st Climax? I beat the guy on 2nd after a death or two, and found him extremely easy on 3rd despite using Jeanne and having restricted Witch Time. His attacks are pretty easy to guess once you've seen them a few times, so just keep giving it a go. Sorry I can't give better advice. =[

Anyone see the credits and see if Bee Tribe also worked on Bayo2 or not? They did the Wii U version of Bayo1 and W101, so I was wondering if they helped out here as well.

I'm fairly sure I saw them at the end of the credits, but I'll have a closer look when I redo the last chapter on 2nd.

Does this play decently with the WiiU Gamepad? I don't own a pro controller, and I like off-TV play a lot...

I've been playing exclusively on the gamepad (about 30 hours so far, I think) and haven't had a single problem, so you should be fine.

Oh, and I have no idea if it's been mentioned yet, or shown, but Nintendo has some wallpapers up for the game.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wallpaper/20140919/index.html

It's supposed to have gone down on the 30th, but the page is still there, and I downloaded the wallpapers and icons yesterday. It does say you need your NNID to be logged in though (not sure if mine was) so if you can't get the fullsize images to load (or they get taken down) I'll be able to upload any.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, and I have no idea if it's been mentioned yet, or shown, but Nintendo has some wallpapers up for the game.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wallpaper/20140919/index.html

It's supposed to have gone down on the 30th, but the page is still there, and I downloaded the wallpapers and icons yesterday. It does say you need your NNID to be logged in though (not sure if mine was) so if you can't get the fullsize images to load (or they get taken down) I'll be able to upload any.

Not working for me

Shame since that last one looks really nice. Want it for my phone

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
That's probably the closest one to my S3's screen size

I appreciate it

I'm only at Chapter 8 (not played that one yet) and so far it's been a blast!

I probably will replay Bayonetta 1 after I'm done too, it's been quite a while since I finished that one on 360.

Going after the Umbran Tear of Blood, there are
Chapters total, is that about right?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe. There hasn't been any official word, but since Bayonetta and Wonderful 101 both got official releases (even if W101's took an entire year), I would imagine this will too.

No I'm pretty sure it was confirmed in one of the blogs

and preorders are currently up at all of the usual import outlets

Hopefully it will be both Digital and Physical, vs being one or the other like Bayo and 101

Persona7

Banned
Does anyone have the 1080p version of the one posted above? I don't have a Wii U yet so I can't make a nintendo ID. I found a imgur one but it looks like it has compression artifacts.

No I'm pretty sure it was confirmed in one of the blogs

and preorders are currently up at all of the usual import outlets

Hopefully it will be both Digital and Physical, vs being one or the other like Bayo and 101

Oh, that's great then. I haven't been keeping up with the Platinum blog too closely, so I had no idea.

Zenaku

I could've sworn I saw something about a B2 OST in Kamiya's twitter, talking about a digital version, but I can't find the tweet at all.

Does anyone have the 1080p version of the one posted above? I don't have a Wii U yet so I can't make a nintendo ID. I found a imgur one but it looks like it has compression artifacts.

Monocle

That's probably what the Climax Brace does now that Serious Mode is no longer a thing.
That would be super useful, unlike in Bayonetta 1 where the Climax Brace just lets you destroy everything with brute force. Unlimited magic removes practically all restrictions to your move set. Add the Bracelet of Time and you've got a first class ticket to Combo City.

The hype, I can't stand it...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
That's probably what the Climax Brace does now that Serious Mode is no longer a thing.

Makes sense, since Umbran Climax basically is that mode and unlimited magic gives you unlimited of that

Umbran Tears are in this game still though? I wonder what they unlock if Platinum on all stages on normal(or 30 tears I forget) is what gets you Climax Brace.

azxza

Hey, guys. I have a few doubts about the difficulty levels. Can you spare a little bit of you time and answer a few questions? Is 2nd Climax more similar to the (awfully easy) MGR "normal" than Bayonetta normal? Should I start playing it in 3rd Climax? Is Infinite Climax the next difficulty level after 3rd Climax or is there another one between those?

I could've sworn I saw something about a B2 OST in Kamiya's twitter, talking about a digital version, but I can't find the tweet at all.
It's confirmed on the bottom of this blog post.
Umbran Tears are in this game still though?
Yes, but I dunno what they do.

Hey, guys. I have a few doubts about the difficulty levels. Can you spare a little bit of you time and answer a few questions? Is 2nd Climax more similar to the (awfully easy) MGR "normal" than Bayonetta normal? Should I start playing it in 3rd Climax? Is Infinite Climax the next difficulty level after 3rd Climax or is there another one between those?

From what I've seen, Bayo 2 Normal is somewhere between MGR Normal and Bayo 1 Normal. Dunno where Bayo 2 Hard lies on that spectrum, but it definitely looks much harder than MGR Hard.

Infinite Climax is after 3rd Climax.

K-A-Deman

without spoiling what, can anyone that has the game confirm if there's any other Wonderful 101 references
besides the prologue
? Thanks in advance

Top Bottom